Reported changes from the Japanese LocTest

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Emmanuel "MASTER" Rodriguez recently posted on YouTube a list of changes they found (and could discuss about due to NDA) while playtesting Dead or Alive: Dimensions in Japan. Below are the system and character changes reported by him and Vanessa Arteaga. It should again be noted that this was the build at the time they played it, and it can differ from that of the final build due to feedback received at any time afterwards:

Game System Changes:
  • Both the DOA3 and DOA4 ground game systems have been implemented. The scenarios and moves determine which one is being used.
  • Offensive Holds are in the game instead of Catch Throw, and the hit frames may have been increased by one or two frames
  • Command List and Exercise mode have been taken out of the game due to the display of the command list on the bottom screen at all times depending on the situation.
  • Tag mode is now two versus one instead of the traditional two versus two
  • Air combo revision has been altered. Reports say that some common juggle damage was increased.
  • Slow Escaping / Struggling has been reverted back to the DOA3 speed/style.
  • Crumple stuns have been removed from the game; I presume this also would mean Limbo stuns are still gone
  • Crushing attacks have been altered to be less evasive
  • The stun threshold has returned onto the HUD after not displaying in DOA4
  • Jabs no longer give the longer stun animation on counter hit or stun extension
  • Jumping ( :9_: ) has been removed from the game, and is now character specific as an attack property

MASTER

Standard Donor
Thanks for posting the info up Mr. Wah. One thing i wanted to clarify was that I understand some of us play on largest but the combo damage was based on what Training mode told me. I did the izuna throw into a combo and few others but thats the one that stood out to me the most.

When i did the combo into the wall it was taking considerably more than normal based on the stats/numbers training mode was giving me. So the damage of the combo and info i received is based on what the game system was telling me.

-MASTER

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Okay, so you were basing it off the numbers reported, and not the % of lifebar in match.

Understood.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD