Reviews and previews of DOA 5

Mark

These reviewers should put up a disclaimer at the top of their reviews, saying they actually know jack shit about fighting games in general.

lucky jim

Gamespot changed their scoring system a little while ago... their 7.5 is not another site's 7.5. It can be confusing. The content of the review was very fair.

ikodomo

The game is a lot of fun to play and a better overall game than DOA 4. That's all that matters to me.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Game Informer gets the "What the Actual Fuck?" review of the year.

In fact, the reviewer deserves to be dragged to the street and shot.

d3v

Kotaku has a pretty positive review, however they're refraining from giving a "yes" or "no" vote until they can properly test the online.

chocogerman777

Kotaku has a pretty positive review, however they're refraining from giving a "yes" or "no" vote until they can properly test the online.
Lol..review clearly sounds like he likes the game but his verdict solely depends on the online? Pfft..

Jeremy

I've played the game for 5 of the 9 hours I have had it so far (yes 4 hours sleep). I have managed to complete story mode and play online a few times. Its all awesome. Graphics, gameplay, everything. (Story is corny but thats fighters for ya).

The online is good you just need to make sure you select location: nearby instead of anywhere and youll always get a good connection. 10/10

Preorder bonuses and CE are awesome looking. Graphics again are stellar (xbox 360)

edit* oh yeah turn off those horrible english voices... japanese only or its too corny to handle. lol

NightAntilli

This is hilarious..

DOA 5 is a beautiful and complicated fighting game that will entertain most fighting game fanatics for endless hours, but for the average gamer, it will maybe hold your interest for a few hours.
Source

If you want flash rather than hardcore excellence in your fighter, this is the game for you.
Source

daman077c

Virtual Fighter? Careful, there.

Yikes, my copyeditor didn't catch that, nor did I. Slip of the typing finger. Good thing I'm a student learning journalism, rather than a site like Edge or Eurogamer, which thought (or thinks) Gen Fu is from Virtua Fighter. :p

lucky jim

I think that no one posted the new review from 1up (after the elimination of the old one):

http://www.1up.com/reviews/dead-alive-5-review-maturation

It's me or now it's also worse... :confused:

Wow.. at first I just assumed it was a review from someone who pretended to know what he was talking about in order to pass off the review as legitimate, and then realized that Haunts wrote it. Now I'm even more disappointed.

"this game sucks because it doesn't play like VF, buy VF instead" is what I gathered from that review. And I understand Haunts likes VF.. just shouldn't expect another 3D 3-button game to play the same or that it's inferior because it doesn't.

Genesis

I dunno. I can see where he's coming from. If nothing else, it's no worse than that one review we all whined about, earlier.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD