Rewatching saved replays. What to look for?

Kris Emery

In terms of growing as a fighter I want to start rewatching my replays to see potential openings for growth and learning from my mistakes. I posted this thread to get some advice on what do you guys normally look for when you rewatching your playback? I want to see every move I do how does the opponent reacts I also want to see am I respecting the opponents frames, bad habits and how man unsafe strings I do. Are there any other things to look out for in terms of trying to get better?

The Spine

You have everything down essentially, but that's mostly just the surface. Try to ask yourself these questions to get a deeper understanding:
- Why did I make this decision here?
- Was there a better option?
- Why did the opponent make this adjustment?
- Did I adjust at all? Did the opponent catch me on autopilot?
These are general questions to get deeper into your own play. You can also ask questions that are match-up specific. As well, make sure you watch tournament sets with your character in use. It says your main is Leifang and there are plenty of videos of her in tournaments. Good luck!

Lulu

And then once you're the best you can be.... you can watch Replays to peak under Kasumi's Dress everytime she kicks high. :)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I watch my replays mainly to see how I'm coping with spacing. Am I using moves too haphazardly? What strings can I whiff punish? What strings do I fall for? Am I going to HAM without a plan? ect. It's all the stuff you look for that you don't realize you're doing until you watch yourself play.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I mainly watch my replays to see how effectively I've utilized my character's tools, and to see how well I've handled my opponent character's tools. I also try to spot detrimental tendencies in both myself and my opponents.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD