Rig and Christie Should Be Lovers

MeadowSpirit

I have not thought long and hard (no pun intended) about this, and I'm not sure if this subject has been raised before, but I think for future DOA storylines Rig and Christie should become lovers. The DOA5 story was (to me at least) a mixture of strange, boring, and incoherent, but possibly the most bizarre and jarring moments were Rig's hostility to Christie. Why would a young, red-blooded male react in such a way to a beautiful woman coming on to him? It makes no sense, and it makes an already silly story even more ridiculous. I think it would inject a small amount of maturity and realism into a game that has been distinctly lacking it, not to mention the first sexual relationship in a game that has many beautiful, sexy women but no actual sex!

I'm curious what others think of this idea.

SoftCabbage

Maybe Rig is gay and doesn't find hot woman sexually attractive?

Or if he's straight, maybe Christie is just not his type.

MeadowSpirit

Maybe Rig is gay and doesn't find hot woman sexually attractive?

Or if he's straight, maybe Christie is just not his type.
I really don't think so. Doesn't Rig call her "pretty lady" at some point? It seems more like bad writing on TN's part to have him get so nasty, plus they want the two characters to fight of course. Regardless, I still think they should hook up in DOA6.

Chapstick

Why would a young, red-blooded male react in such a way to a beautiful woman coming on to him?
Shockingly not everyone is straight. He strikes me as asexual personally, I don't think he has any interest whatsoever in romantic relationships and it's like that for a lot of characters in this game. I think he was so hostile towards her because he was trying to remain undercover and she knew he's Donovan's son.

HHH816

i'm afraid christie were paid by donovan to oversee Rig development as a weapon.

but jan lee is take quite a liking for rig.

in b4 gay

UpSideDownGRUNT

"Head Canon" The Thread lol

Next you'll be telling me Hayate has the hots for his sister/half-sister or AyaneXEliot should be canon.(although the way TN are pushing it actually might just look at Hitomi/Ein and Hayate)

MeadowSpirit

Shockingly not everyone is straight. He strikes me as asexual personally, I don't think he has any interest whatsoever in romantic relationships and it's like that for a lot of characters in this game.
Geez, thanks for the newsflash. It's a pretty small percentage, and I don't buy Rig being gay. Sure his head is messed up, but I still think bad writing is to blame. I don't want or need romantic relationships for all of the characters in the game, but I think if they had at least one it would add some maturity and round out the two characters a little more. And Rig and Christie just seem like a good couple to me.

Chapstick

Geez, thanks for the newsflash. It's a pretty small percentage, and I don't buy Rig being gay. Sure his head is messed up, but I still think bad writing is to blame. I don't want or need romantic relationships for all of the characters in the game, but I think if they had at least one it would add some maturity and round out the two characters a little more. And Rig and Christie just seem like a good couple to me.
I didn't say he was gay lol asexuality is a sexuality. Also more than 10% of the population is gay so statistically 3 DOA characters could be. 0: If Rig's interested in anyone based on the story it's Bass

MeadowSpirit

They're beer-drinking buddies, like most guys.

I think the number is closer to 5 or 6%, but that's neither here nor there.

Argentus

Not that I'm against more depth between characters but I can't see two backstabbing sadist sociopaths in a steady relationship. Fuckbuddies maybe, but that's it.

Not gonna fault ya though, I still go with my headcanon that Mila is Lauren's daughter lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD