Rig hidden feint move

Ni Pah Chan

Dunno if this has been posted before but I notice that Rig has feint move from his bending stance. The input :6::K::4: . Is this move actually useful?

Supersonic

i think it would be only useful against hold happy opponents that know the timing gap or flow of rigs bending stance attacks. w/o the mind game, they will just throw out an attack and hope it lands b4 you can do anything.

Red Reaper

I think it's very useful. He has so many kicks with similar start ups that it kan put people into a defensive state when they see it. Allowing you to get a throw in or bait them into attacking.

Rig definitely looks like a momentum based character. I'm thinking of picking him up.

Haydeeze

Now, coming from my MK background I see stuff like this as very usefull, however I do know DOA better then MK. So here's my take on the feint. Is it useful? Absolutely, it messes with your opponents head. Do strings like 3k4 then follow with strings like KK6K Or just KK Grab if they are nervously spamming counters. Also I don't believe it puts Rig at very much disadvantage to use so it's not like there is a whole lot your opponent can do while you use it. If you play MK think of it as a weaker version of Kabals NDC. If you don't, I'll explain. So when you do Rig's feint move after a blocked String (i.e 4k->6k4) You still have a tad bit of advantage, enough to were your oppenent can't really interupt it. If they counter it you have enough time to grab. The only thing is DOA doesn't have chip damage so it's not nearly as useful, but it is still a mind game and with Rig, thats 90% of the battle. Leaving your opponent scratching their head going "The fuck just happened?"

ScattereDreams

I don't think Rig's feint compares to Kabals NDC because in DOA characters have hella options. It's only beneficial if you know exactly what your opponent is going to do, or if you have decent amount of frame advantage to lock down their options. Hence this is why I tend to only use Rig's feints while my opponent is stunned because it's much easier for me to react to a stunned opponent; they have lesser options.

Haydeeze

^ Thats exactly where I was getting at. I generally will do a simple 3K2k, Feint, Then if the counter, Grab(Now with added +10 ^_^) If not then I do 7k 66K P+K for an instant CBurst. This is all from counter hits though it is a very I wouldnt say unpractical but not exactly common. I guess the most Practical would be KK Feint.

Red Reaper

Now, coming from my MK background I see stuff like this as very usefull, however I do know DOA better then MK. So here's my take on the feint. Is it useful? Absolutely, it messes with your opponents head. Do strings like 3k4 then follow with strings like KK6K Or just KK Grab if they are nervously spamming counters. Also I don't believe it puts Rig at very much disadvantage to use so it's not like there is a whole lot your opponent can do while you use it. If you play MK think of it as a weaker version of Kabals NDC. If you don't, I'll explain. So when you do Rig's feint move after a blocked String (i.e 4k->6k4) You still have a tad bit of advantage, enough to were your oppenent can't really interupt it. If they counter it you have enough time to grab. The only thing is DOA doesn't have chip damage so it's not nearly as useful, but it is still a mind game and with Rig, thats 90% of the battle. Leaving your opponent scratching their head going "The fuck just happened?"
I don't think Rig's feint compares to Kabals NDC because in DOA characters have hella options. It's only beneficial if you know exactly what your opponent is going to do, or if you have decent amount of frame advantage to lock down their options. Hence this is why I tend to only use Rig's feints while my opponent is stunned because it's much easier for me to react to a stunned opponent; they have lesser options.

Yeah.. I'm primarily an MK player and it's not really much like Kabal's NDCs. After a String NDCs generally leave him plus.. That's where the mind games kome in. F3 2 NDC and B 1 2 NDC are +2 so if you try to poke out and he pokes you lose and are forced again into a guessing situation.

Rig's Feint isn't as Safe as Kabal's NDC. It's much riskier outside of stun.

Haydeeze

I didn't mean it like that, I primarily use it i do like KK Feint 4KK Feint And I'm practically safe. I even said its not nearly as effective. I meant it in the sense that you force you opponent to remain defensive and put them in situations where its very hard for them to start an offense. Maybe that was a bad example. But that's how I thought of it.
-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD