RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm seriously laughing my ass off if you seriously don't get enough Fight Money to pay for the characters and have to grind like you have no job to get them...

Then this truly makes it the definition of "Freemium" content. Where you "could" get it for free but it would take so much time that you should buy it instead...

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Man if I had paid $60 for this I would be HIGHLY pissed off right about now. Seriously what the fuck were all those betas for if it still doesn't work on day one.

the netcode. this may come as a secret but smooth launches for online games are pretty rare since they almost always get overloaded and typically has no bearing on whether the online is good or not. its just a case of them going "we're prepared to host this many people....fuck thats a lot more than we thought."

dont bother wrestling with overloaded servers right now

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Except they have done 4 betas and stress tested servers plenty of times during that.

That excuse seriously does not fly with SFV this time.

limited stress test are pretty much worthless since a large portion is never going to bother participating. untill everyone buys the game on day one nobody can really tell what to expect especially if we're talking something where a pattern cant be easily established like coming out with a new game after you've been releasing update game and pissing off fanbases.

Xhominid The Demon Within

limited stress test are pretty much worthless since a large portion is never going to bother participating. untill everyone buys the game on day one nobody can really tell what to expect especially if we're talking something where a pattern cant be easily established like coming out with a new game after you've been releasing update game and pissing off fanbases.

Except while they may not have the masses participating, they can use that to anticipate how many will be playing and make it better.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
limited stress test are pretty much worthless since a large portion is never going to bother participating.

I would have loved to be bothered, but they didn't give me the chance even though I preordered the game and I directly applied for the first three beta testings...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This currency system is basically optimized and made for no lifers, which is basically people who play all day everyday and don't have anything else to do but to live and breather Street Fighter. I understand it would be beneficial for them, but this bites for people(like me) who have stuff like school and daily tasks to fulfill and can only play 2-3 hours a day. They should've took some inspiration from Tekken, they used to give 100,000 g per story mode completion and you could get 8,000 to 20,000 g just from winning an online or ghost battle match. And they had bonuses and roulettes to further augment your fight money intake.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I'm seriously laughing my ass off if you seriously don't get enough Fight Money to pay for the characters and have to grind like you have no job to get them...

Then this truly makes it the definition of "Freemium" content. Where you "could" get it for free but it would take so much time that you should buy it instead...
That's what it's going to be. They're not going to make it easy for you to buy them. They're going to make you get bored of grinding, compelling you to just lob money at the game. It's a stupid but working tactic.

I thought I was gonna spend no money on LoL. I'm now broke. xD

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i dont think that's the case as if you ever become bored grinding aka playing the game then you'll just leave. what im guessing is it will be based on a "this or that" mentality you wont be able to comfortably buy everything, but rather every other thing. you can buy this character but then you cant buy these two outfits and vice versa.

if you're super stingy like me then you can probably afford everything just with fight money, but for those have to have everything then you'll probably end up paying more at some point.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What are ways to get fight money? Also, how do I unlock the alt costumes that I can already select in story?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What are ways to get fight money? Also, how do I unlock the alt costumes that I can already select in story?

You earn most money by completing the Story Mode. It amounts to over 100k. You earn it only one time though. You also earn money in Survival when you mastered a difficulty level, but also only one time. In online mode you earn money for every win (50) and when you level up (1000).

You can't unlock costumes so far. You have to wait until March when the game shop opens, then you will be able to buy unlocked costumes for 40.000 Fight Money. Premium costumes, like the ones from the preorders have to be be bought with real money, 4$/€.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm also done with everything except the two most difficult Survival challenges. :/ For online I'm not nearly good enough yet...and I also don't like the excitement and/or frustration of competing online.

Winning 2000 matches to get to 100.000 is simply not doable for me and probably many. Not without several months time. One either has to get the season pass to get the new characters and the costumes or one has to be really good with lots of time. I was considering the season pass before, but not if the game stays that incomplete for much longer. I won't pump money into that. Give me a simple arcade mode and local versus CPU and I'm in. Capcom basically has both modes ready or would have them ready quick...if they wanted to that is.

Last edited:

SilverForte

Grinding for colors in survival mode is a major pain, I can see myself doing easy survival mode with all the chars but anything above, no. I got to rank 25 in normal survival and the ai suddenly became competent, and got like 4 low health regens in a row, this is complete crap.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Grinding for colors in survival mode is a major pain, I can see myself doing easy survival mode with all the chars but anything above, no. I got to rank 25 in normal survival and the ai suddenly became competent, and got like 4 low health regens in a row, this is complete crap.

I'm glad I don't like any of the alternate color schemes. They imho all look jarring, while the original color scheme is the best. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD