RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Speaking of tourneys... Street Fighter V broke EVO records in less than 4 days for registrations. http://twinfinite.net/2016/02/street-fighter-v-breaks-evo-record-in-4-days/

ngbbs509a913424500.gif

crapoZK

Standard Donor
"The producer also briefly touched on how the game’s first post-launch character, Street Fighter III protagonist Alex, will play. Ayano stated that, since he’s younger, his moves will be different than folks are used to and that his V-skill will “embody” his grappling combat style. This is interesting news for fans of the character, as his previous incarnations focused more on using pokes and meter to push his opponents to the corner over pure grappling."

That sounds...really bad.

Suddenly I'm getting the feeling he's gonna get the same treatment as kof xiii Clark: abandoning his wide variety of grapples in favor of turning him into a zangeif style single command grab character.

Also on that last sentence? Bullshit. In both 3rd strike and TVC he was designed in a way he could be played purely with grapples, as I've repeatedly demonstrated. Its just that most players prefer to poke and pressure rather than actually grapple.
They'll Ralf him in regular mode lmao and then he may get the real Alex in V-Trigger mode.
Hmmm..... I don't know, but I'm curious.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Speaking of tourneys... Street Fighter V broke EVO records in less than 4 days for registrations. http://twinfinite.net/2016/02/street-fighter-v-breaks-evo-record-in-4-days/

I'm honestly not that impressed really. I would be more impressed if they keep these numbers a few years down the line.

Street Fighter V is a brand new game and everyone will want to aim to be number 1, especially since we know other people from other fighters is going to take part in the tourney scene of SFV atm too. So basically expect to see inflated numbers for atleast a couple of tournies.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Also wanted to point out the rage quitting on Ranked Matches. I can see why people are doing that.

It was already mentioned that the Capcom Pro Tour will have global offline qualifiers. They also mentioned that the Top 8 players in both Global and Regional Online Rankings will also have a chance to qualify for the Capcom Cup in December.

So in a way... online ranked is serious business.

d3v

I'm honestly not that impressed really. I would be more impressed if they keep these numbers a few years down the line.

Street Fighter V is a brand new game and everyone will want to aim to be number 1, especially since we know other people from other fighters is going to take part in the tourney scene of SFV atm too. So basically expect to see inflated numbers for atleast a couple of tournies.
I don't see why not, Street Fighter IV's number grew each year that it was at Evo, and that was even before Capcom had the Pro Tour and all this other support they're giving the scene.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I don't see why not, Street Fighter IV's number grew each year that it was at Evo, and that was even before Capcom had the Pro Tour and all this other support they're giving the scene.

I'm only saying because again, it's new and you have to start from scratch, everyone does and thus you have new people who are also looking to head to the top like SonicFox along with the vets. So yeah, you might be right but again, I might be right and it's just a 1-2 year thing or it's only just with EVO(aka numbers don't suddenly skyrocket for the other majors past a small increase).

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Yesterday evening I wanted to to beat some more of the survival challenges to earn a little bit more fight money. The game couldn't connect me to it's servers, so I couldn't earn any fight money, so I quit playing it again. This whole game experience is so messed up...

d3v

Well, there's no way that they would let you earn fight money offline, since that would open the way for people to cheat the system.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
If the game didn't require you to be connected for everything then maybe servers wouldn't be overloaded like this. Is that not obvious to Capcom?

synce

Mika's been a blast so far. It was nothing but frustration at first but I'm almost at silver league now. Next up is Karin. Subbing Cammy.

Also, loving how far the modding scene has come in just a week. Already removing clothing and swapping shit out

4546172b0359b5b6cd511770125acfa3.jpg

d3v

If the game didn't require you to be connected for everything then maybe servers wouldn't be overloaded like this. Is that not obvious to Capcom?
You don't need to be connected for things like unlocking colors in survival. Being connected is only for Fight Money, and it's only fair unless you're okay with people being able to cheat and hack their Fight Money.

In any case, at least we can earn Fight Money in singleplayer. Back when the system was first announced, most people simply assumed that it would be for multiplayer only for the same reasons I mentioned above and more.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Street Fighter V also bombed in Japan.

Sales in the first weak after release for PS4 and PC:
Sales of Street Fighter IV in the first weak after release for PS4 and 360:
http://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

For comparison other first weak fighting game sales:
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) – 244,747
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) – 85,407
Street Fighter IV (PS3) – 84,937
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) – 80,103
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3) – 45,660

synce

That's more due to PS4 bombing in Japan. Also those numbers don't include digital, which is way more popular now compared to 8 years ago.

Edit: Just saw SRK post something about this. I bolded the important part.

• Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) – 244,747
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) – 85,407
  • Street Fighter IV (PS3) – 84,937
  • Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) – 80,103
  • Street Fighter V (PS4) – 46,836
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3) – 45,660
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (PS3) – 45,347
  • Street Fighter IV (360) – 36,455
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) – 34,068
  • Super Street Fighter IV (360) – 29,697
  • BlazBlue: Chronophantasma EXTEND (PS3) – 23,273
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS4) – 13,967
  • BlazBlue: Chronophantasma EXTEND (PS4) – 11,432
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360) – 9,229
  • Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION (PS4) – 7,112
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV (360) – 2,813
Right now barely anyone owns a PS4 in Japan. Last I checked it was doing worse than Vita.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3v

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Should just comment that the PS4 install base is far less than the PS3 base was at the time of SFIV's release.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD