RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Their timeline is completely out of order. They should have released the games in the right order instead of having all these revisions and nit picking the story.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There's a story?!
If you mean completely confusing arcade rival scenes and vague prologue and epilogues, then yeah. :p They've never been good with a narrative, they promised in Super Street Fighter 4 that there would be more "dialogue" to make the fights better in arcade mode...all they added was a few voice clips of the fighter saying vague stuff like C. Viper saying "Let's hurry this up so I can go home!", and it was limited to like one clip per match. Then they added bonus rival battles that were awkwardly implemented; C. Viper getting into a fight and argument with that Hakan?? Juri implying Chun li had a "schoolgirl crush" on her...?? Way out of left field.:confused: It seemed like typical anime filler shenanigans to me.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
The timeline goes like this:

SF
SFA and SFA2
SFA3
SF2
SF4
SF5
SF3

Street Fighter is known to have origin stories. Alpha 2 is basically retelling Alpha 1's storyline. Also, SF3: 2nd Impact and 3rd Strike both have completely different storylines since 2nd Impact takes place during the Third World Warrior tournament and 3rd Strike takes place after the tournament ends.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
the reason their timeline got all fucked was because jumping ahead so in 3 and removing most(all?) of the old characters dam near killed the franchise. since then they've refused to go past SF3 for fear of the same thing happening.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Also want to point out that in Street Fighter III: New Generation, Yun and Yang had the same movelist and EX moves weren't introduced until 2nd Impact.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
the reason their timeline got all fucked was because jumping ahead so in 3 and removing most(all?) of the old characters dam near killed the franchise. since then they've refused to go past SF3 for fear of the same thing happening.

Yeah, most of that was because the team felt that going into a new numbered iteration of SF meant it should be a new cast, plus I believe it wasn't any of the staff from SF2.

Argentus

Yeah, most of that was because the team felt that going into a new numbered iteration of SF meant it should be a new cast, plus I believe it wasn't any of the staff from SF2.
Yeah that's another problem. They should just keep the cast and add on to it. Not keep dropping the cast every time they have another game

synce

Well Tekken 3 got away with cutting half the roster so I think SC5's failure has more to do with it being an unfinished game. As a Hilde player I was pretty furious how she's suddenly a grandma and didn't even get a line in the "story" (er... more like storyboard sketches). Everyone praised the gameplay but it wasn't enough. It sounds pretty similar to SF5 right? The difference is Capcom intends to finish their game, so we'll see how that works out.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah that's another problem. They should just keep the cast and add on to it. Not keep dropping the cast every time they have another game

Like SF1 did with SF2, only keeping Ryu, Ken, and Sagat, and where the entire team moved on to SNK to make Fatal Fury leaving SF2 to be done by the Final Fight team?

The idea is sound, especially back in the day of arcades where customers would complain that "Capcom can't count to three." after the various updates to the game to feed off it's success. If you have a new numbered iteration, it needs to bring a lot to the table that's different from the previous to bring back old customers and entice the ones you didn't get before. Of course, it doesn't work as well these days when series and trademark loyalty runs rampant on the console generation.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
We need a new trailer for Alex. Wtf was that, i am angry now!!!
LMAO I was laughing hard at that one! Everyone got trolled at the end. I guess we'll wait until NorCal Regionals this weekend.

Anyway, Infiltration is the first player to qualify for the Capcom Cup in December. His Nash play was pretty good. I believe Final Round 19 had some issues that caused Jebailey to leave early because of how the event was handled.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD