News RoF 3 Results: SweetRevenge Unstoppable?

Like that sensational headline? No? That's what you get when two continents and several countries fail to produce a player capable of stopping the rampage of Matt "SweetRevenge" Kieffer. We're running out of clever ways to tell the guy "Congratulations!" and it's completely your fault. Despite some incredible competition, particularly from second-place winner Gehaktbal, SR has now taken his fifth straight tournament victory and only appears to be gaining momentum. Before we get into some upcoming chances to give the FSD staff a chance to put some different names up there, check out the results below, complete with the Finals sets:

1) SweetRevenge
2) Gehaktbal
3) Ky-Dragon
4) Alucardo

Full Results

Winner's Finals

Grand Finals

Going forward, our next big tournaments are the Road to The Fall Classic Qualifiers DiD 10 and Summer Jam 8. Please check out their respective threads and make arrangements as the top two placers at each get their flights, accommodations, and tournament entry covered by Team NINJA. Moving on from there is what is shaping up to be our largest tournament ever, The Fall Classic. Look for significant coverage leading up to the tournament and make your plans as soon as possible. Flights to Raleigh, North Carolina are looking quite affordable at the moment from around the US and we are also looking forward to our international community members making the trip!

Start discussing plans for travel and housing and feel free to fire questions away at the community here or in appropriate Tournament forum threads. We're coming together in a big way and we want everyone that can make it to do so. Check the front page periodically in the weeks and months to come for additional information and possible surprises.

Oh and one last thing: anyone that takes SweetRevenge out of a tournament before TFC will get a special prize of a to-be-determined nature if they also show up to The Fall Classic.

Oh I see. Then I worried for nothing then!! DOA 5U deserves as much views as possible. What an awesome game and tremendous effort put in by the organisers. Makes me happy =)

My point wanted simply be that it's possible that there were internal divisions between the channels: if that was a secondary channel (like it was, even if my hyphotesis about indicating a statistic owned just by FSD it was wrong) then it's possible that the real number of the viewers was different.

By the way @EMPEROR_COW wrote on twitter that the people that partecipated to ROF#3's DOA5U tournament were more than the ones for KOF, BlazBlue, MVC3 and TTT2... so indipendently by the viewers I think that definitely the DOA tournament wasn't a failure, just the opposite.

Sadly, most of the best european players didn't come to this tourney. I'm sure it would have been different if all the best players were there. I hope to be able to come next time, even if it's hard because of my job.
I'm sad that Gehaktbal lost the final tho :/ .. Congrats to SR.

Last edited:
So I saw a Facebook post showing the Koreans are looking to come to The Fall Classic.

So we have players from Europe, Asia, and South America looking to show up the United States... we better not fail America.

Sadly, most of the best european players didn't come to this tourney. I'm sure it would have been different if all the best players were there. I hope to be able to come next time, even if it's hard because of my job.
I'm sad that Gehaktbal lost the final tho :/ .. Congrats to SR.

Well I would like to know who do you consider to be "most of the best european player", because I never saw them in any european tournament since the release of the game...

SweetRevenge beat Europe, and if Regick has a problem with that, he can show up to TFC to prove it wrong. ;)
I don't have any problem with that lol. xD Offline tourneys are what count so I can't say anything until I show up at some important offline event and prove it wrong. Hopefully I'll come to TFC, I really want to come, even if I know it wouldn't be an easy thing cos I have a full-time job :/ (this is also what makes me hard to come to offline events in general).

Last edited:
We get far less time off from work, on average, here in the States than Europe does. If we can make it work so can you. It's a matter of planning.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD