[Sep 21, 2013] 1337LoungeLive's DOA5U Tournament in SoCal... (Los Angeles, CA)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
1337LoungeLive's Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tournament in Southern California

2dt8083.jpg

Link to 1337LoungeLive's stream:
http://www.1337loungelive.com/
Date:

- Saturday, September 21st, 2013 (9/21/2013)

Time:

- Tournament begins at 7pm

- Registration is free, email Jennifer at this email to register online: JEN@HDFILMS.COM
- Registration ends the day of the tournament at 5pm

IMPORTANT NOTE:
To everyone that intends on going to this tournament this Saturday, please email Jennifer letting her know that you are registering for the tournament. She needs to know of which players are attending the event before the actual tournament day. This is not a walk-in tournament, you will NOT be let into the tournament. You MUST pre-register in order to participate.

Just email her the following information;

- Your name
- Your gamertag or PSN ID
- Your game handle, if you would prefer to register using a different name other than your gamertag or ID.

Let's get everything done in an orderly fashion so we are well prepared and nothing is slowing the tournament down. Thank you.

Address:

Victoria Studios/Jace Hall Celebrity Arcade
10911 Riverside Drive, Suite 100
North Hollywood, CA 91602

Between Lankershim and Vineland, right next to the McDonalds. Please park on the street or in one of the “Victory Studios/HD Films” or “Guest” spaces in the lot. Do not park in the Blu Focus spots; you’ll be towed! Enter via the door at the bottom of the stairs in the parking lot. Ring the bell, and we’ll come get you!

Console:

- PS3
- You are definitely allowed to bring in your own controller/arcade stick.
- The tournament will be capped at 10-16

Tournament Rules:

- 3/5 Rounds.
- Best 2 out of 3 Matches.
- Best 3 out of 5 Matches in Grand Finals.
- Double Elimination.
- Normal Life Setting.
- 60 Second Time Limit.
- Dangerzones are on.
- Random Stage Select
- Winner Lock, Winner must keep the same character. Loser may change characters.
- Random Character Select is allowed, but if the winner wins with that character, they must use that character in the second match.
- Blind pick is allowed.

The tournament has no entrance fee, it is a free tournament.

1337LoungeLive is a very popular live stream at Twitch.tv for video games and gaming interviews. The folks over at 1337LoungeLive are happy to have had players come out to represent DOA at their first tournament and their FGC Live night. And are showing us love by letting us come out to hang out with them and represent DOA.

If anyone in the SoCal area (or even NorCal) are interested in playing and hanging out, you should definitely try to attend. This is another nice opportunity for DOA to get more exposure in California and display your skills and meet other players.

There will be casuals taking place live on stream if players attend at 5:30pm being the earliest before the tournament begins. There will also be casuals after the tournament on any DOA game. So there will definitely be time to hang out and chill before AND after the tournament.

I will update this again about a possible prize or prizes later.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Is anyone from the San Diego area planning to attend, by any chance?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm going to notify Shuns Fury and Tenren about the event. If either of them are going, I'll let you know for sure.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I count 15 players so far;

- HajinShinobi
- Air Gear
- Return of a Shadow
- SomewhatMental
- NukNuks
- Snakz
- Boobiebombs
- Brute
- Shuns Fury
- Tenren
- Majestic Blue
- Fragnbastich1
- Kal-El
- Accurate

All we need is one more to have a 16 player bracket. But this is just a list of players that are interested in attending so far. Things could change. But the player cap definitely cannot go higher than 16.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm not confirmed yet, sadly. Need to catch a ride, if anyone from down here wouldn't mind shuttling someone and having their gas paid for them, hit me up.

Rubedood

A free tourney sounds cool, but I can't go, since I'm having surgery soon, and my hand will be in a cast.

GL to everyone else though

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I will probably be there.

Naw nigga, you WILL be there or I'm gonna whoop dat ass. I need someone short to be there so I can brag about how tall I am (LMFAO I'm kidding but your ass is definitely showing up).

@Brute: I haven't forgotten about you, man. I'll let you know what's up with Shun or Tenren for carpooling.

BloodBurger

I count 15 players so far;

- HajinShinobi
- Air Gear
- Return of a Shadow
- SomewhatMental
- NukNuks
- Snakz
- Boobiebombs
- Brute
- Shuns Fury
- Tenren
- Majestic Blue
- Fragnbastich1
- Kal-El
- Accurate

All we need is one more to have a 16 player bracket. But this is just a list of players that are interested in attending so far. Things could change. But the player cap definitely cannot go higher than 16.

Why only 16? I've got at least 3 that want to come with me. And if I announced this on my channel you could have a huge tournament on your hands which would be amazing for this game.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Why only 16? I've got at least 3 that want to come with me. And if I announced this on my channel you could have a huge tournament on your hands which would be amazing for this game.

Because of the room size at the studio and there is only one game set up, which is their main game station.

BloodBurger

Because of the room size at the studio and there is only one game set up, which is their main game station.

I see. Need more LA area tourneys. There's a good possibility this game may find a spot on the WNF or TRB lineup but Super Arcade is a bit too far for a lot of us. :(

ikodomo

I see. Need more LA area tourneys. There's a good possibility this game may find a spot on the WNF or TRB lineup but Super Arcade is a bit too far for a lot of us. :(
If you're interested in going, you just need to register via email to JEN@HDFILMS.COM to save a spot for yourself. If you're friends want to sign up too; they can. Otherwise, I think you can just bring them along if they wanted to watch the tournament if the space if full. Either way, everyone's going to have a fun time.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

Allow me to start by saying it's very nice to meet you and it's great to see other players are showing interest in some offline play.

And this is also very true, Ikodomo and myself (moreso Ikodomo) are trying to get in touch with Alex Valle about having DOA5U at WNF. Super Arcade is indeed a bit of a travel for most of us, but is definitely worth it if we can show Alex and other FGC members that we really intend to support DOA5U.

I'm going to talk to Jennifer from 1337LoungeLive soon about the tournament and see if it's possible to allow another set up or two aside from the main set up. Not sure if it'll be allowed but with how many players are actually interested in going, it's a slight possibility.

Where in LA are you located by the way? Maybe you can come out to our offline casuals some time if you're not too far out?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD