[Sep 21, 2013] 1337LoungeLive's DOA5U Tournament in SoCal... (Los Angeles, CA)

Brute

Standard Donor
Just awaiting final confirmation on the carpooling situation (wouldn't want to waste a slot registering if I couldn't make it up there). Once I have that, I'll register right away.
Thanks, Jen.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Registration for the tournament is now closed. Everyone that is attending tonight, I hope all of you have gotten your pre-registration in order. Looking forward to seeing everyone that is attending tonight. It's going to be a lot of fun, seeing my friends and some teammates and some new faces.

Let's get HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Top 4 results for 1337LoungeLive Tournament:

1st NukNuks
2nd AFD TB HajinShinobi
3rd AFD SomewhatMental
4th AFD A1r Gear

Woooooooooo! Tonight was sooooooooooooo much fun! It was awesome seeing everyone and finally meeting Brute! Personally, I think it's pretty nice to watch newer (and learning) players play because it's nice to see how they are approaching the game and adapting to it. So it was good to see everyone play it out.

Winners-semi, Losers-semi-, Winners finals, Losers finals, and Grand finals were soooooo good. Great matches all around. Folks getting a little shaken up (all of us did and it's normal). But matches were great regardless.

And ayyyyyyyaaaa! I gotta start telling myself to get over my execution errors. Everytime it happens, it's a wtf moment for me and then my brain melts and I start playing so badly. I had so much momentum and was feeling myself until the execution errors happened, bah! I'll work on that in the mean time. Nykko still totally won fair and square and it was an awesome set and grand finals.

Congratulations to Nykko for reseting the bracket and taking the win, props and respect to you, bro! I'll get my revenge at Ground Zero though. >:3

Thanks to everyone who attended tonight's event, and thank you again, Jennifer, for having us at 1337Lounge for another great tournament again!

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah it was a great and exciting tournament. Only wish I could have been there. Feels weird not being able to make the event. Anyways you guys did well and I'm proud. I can't wait for casuals at Double Tap Games.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sorry about vomiting all over everything. I really did have a great time in spite of that. I'll post a bit more of my thoughts tomorrow when I'm feeling a little better.

ggs to all and congrats to NuksNuks.

reddyxm

Congrats to NukNuks!

It was really nice to see Nuks' and A1rGear's hype and passion when playing even though it was a casual tournament. Great spirit!

Glad I could meet new people and play against them outside the usual players I see at WNF.

You could definitely see my lack of DOA "versus" experience by dropping combos left and right or not recognizing when my opponent crossed the critical threshold and pushing them over with a jab instead of hitting with critical burst or launcher. Everything is fine and dandy in training mode but when I play an offline match, everything I know goes out the window. I would play online to get more comfortable in a versus setting but I cannot handle the lag. I'll have to setup the training dummy.

Thank you Hajin and Jennifer for setting up this amazing tournament. I look forward for to the next one!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD