Sharing Tech

Yaguar

So couple of questions and like to see what people have to say on this.
The main idea is how much tech do you share and what do you consider worth sharing.

How much of your tech you find for your main do you share?
Do you just share pure math or tricks that work like a charm too?
Do you actively hunt for your own tech at all?

If you don't share. Why? Is it anything else outside of just self-guarding your own game plan?

Do you seek recognition with your sharing?
Do you feel that those whom do actively share receive the recognition for doing so? (Consider that they are potentially throwing out their game plan to the community or do you feel they are potentially jeopardizing yours?

Just something that interested me and thought it could make for a good discussion (keep the war at bay ladies and gents).

/Blitz

Argentus

Define what you mean by "tech" please, just to be clear.

Techniques? Tech rolls? Technology?

Assuming the first...I just play, learn by trial and error. I dont look up other peoples techniques or playstyles, nor do I intentionally spread my own.

I like being known for how I use a character, not just the character i pick, plus having a relatively unique approach gives me an advantage against opponents who are expecting the same old song and dance from most others who "share" techniques and thus all fight the same.

Most of my playstyle is mindgames and power attacks, rather than worrying about frames, advantage, or what links into what. Just regular combat prowess.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I play super poverty games where it's a miracle if there is someone else playing your character, 'cause there's usually more characters than players on the east coast. I'm just kind of used to no one caring about my tech.

EDIT: And he means technology.

Drake Aldan

Share it! Share all of it. I'll even tell you my weakness.

A rising tide lifts all boats. If everyone is committed to adapting, then by improving others, I in turn improve myself. And if I can come out on top, even when my opponent knows everything there is to know about me, even when there's no secrets and no hidden plan, then I'll know I have true strength.

... Though, the general response to sharing is
no one caring about my tech.
Most people don't ask for help, and when you provide it unwarranted, it's seen as patronizing.

That is to say- sometimes you can't share. People won't listen. A man has to walk his own path, I suppose.

As for recognition... Power has no owner. I'm not entitled to anything.

I share because of my ideals, but I don't expect anything to come of it.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Oh, yeah, of course. For a game like DOA which has a good amount of players, I strongly encourage people to share tech and will do so myself. I just meant that I've done stuff before where more than two third of the page views are from me updating it.

Bushido

I share most of the tech I find, someone's going to read it and benefit from it after all. I used to seek recognition for it, but not anymore. Just to help people in the community. You never know, the newbie who stumbles upon your guide or combo video could be the one to win a major some day with your character.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Fuck that, I want recognition and admiration for discovering new tech. If you were in my shoes, you can only tolerate so many years of being labeled a nobody who will never measure up to anything.

Yaguar

Fuck that, I want recognition and admiration for discovering new tech. If you were in my shoes, you can only tolerate so many years of being labeled a nobody who will never measure up to anything.

I don't think anyone has shared more about Christie's arse than you, sir. Worthy of an award ceremony!

PureYeti

I will definitely share tech if I found any and see what other people think about it. Recognition is not what I'm aiming for. I find it silly to copyright it or name it after yourself.

Argentus

I will definitely share tech if I found any and see what other people think about it. Recognition is not what I'm aiming for. I find it silly to copyright it or name it after yourself.

I still find it idiotic when I hear people say "the daigo parry". It's not some secret tech he invented, he just parried a super. Hard, yes, and a cool super, but hardly an act worth naming after him.

Tenryuga

I've mixed feelings about it. I share all tech that I find but dislike it if I'm the only one looking for things. It's supposed to be a team effort for those able to do it. I'm not expecting groundbreaking discoveries from everybody because not everyone is at a level where they can find tech or know how to go about doing it.

There are some people that sit on tech they find and I don't support that. At the very least share it with your fellow players that use the character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD