Community Should Crimson and Danger Zone Be Banned?

Should Crimson and Danger Zone be banned because of current game layout?

• Yes... the stages should be banned at least until the community is able to find a way around this.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No... a premium console comes to premium advantages.

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboJoe

Ban Danger Zone, keep Crimson. There's nothing special about Crimson that you can't practice on other stages, but Danger Zone is a whole other story. I don't want to go to a tournament and be severely gimped because random select picked a stage where I get insta-killed but can't do the same to my opponent, not because of character choice or skill, but because I didn't want to spend $500-$700 to practice one stage.

just_me

Standard Donor
You're saying the other stages didn't?

No... this is not about if other Stages have Death Combos or not, or if the stuff is hard to pull off. If the new stages should have heavy stage interaction unique to that stage, it's OK to ban them, since they are not available to everyone, if they do not it's fine (pretty sure no one wants to ban a tag stage for instance).
This obviously does not apply to all current stages, as everyone has access... if you can't do your stuff, it's your fault.

If it's too OP that char X can do Y on stage Z and thus Z should be banned, is a different question... and not the subject of this thread as far as I'm aware.

Intelligent Alpha

No... this is not about if other Stages have Death Combos or not, or if the stuff is hard to pull off. If the new stages should have heavy stage interaction unique to that stage, it's OK to ban them, since they are not available to everyone, if they do not it's fine (pretty sure no one wants to ban a tag stage for instance).
This obviously does not apply to all current stages, as everyone has access... if you can't do your stuff, it's your fault.

If it's too OP that char X can do Y on stage Z and thus Z should be banned, is a different question... and not the subject of this thread as far as I'm aware.

Well, I'm sure it'll get there! Dojo anybody? I would like you to answer it though it is a different question. (ie: Ryu's Izuna Drop off Lost World)

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
In the meantime, I'm going to be incredibly pissed off that this situation is even a situation in the first place. This was a dumb business decision.
This!! x1000

No matter what decision is reached then someone in the community is going to get fucked. With that said I think a 6 month ban on the new stages is probably the best possible outcome for the last gen people to get the new systems and upgrade/adjust to the new controllers.

Now on the subject of banning a stage because its too good for certain characters all I have to say is FUCK THAT!! I don't want DOA to turn into smash where they ban everything in the (false)interest of fairness. You never have a fair fight so nut up, learn your match ups and don't die.

just_me

Standard Donor
Well, I'm sure it'll get there! Dojo anybody? I would like you to answer it though it is a different question. (ie: Ryu's Izuna Drop off Lost World)

What about Cliff Izunas? It simply adds the fall damage to the Izuna Drop, doesn't even scale... nothing wrong with that... and you have to be fairly close to the edge to even get it.

Don't really have an opinion on stage balance (nor character balance)... so I do not care if Home, Dojo or whatever is banned, or not. And I certainly would not cast my vote when the US players make their decision as it's not my business.

Intelligent Alpha

What about Cliff Izunas? It simply adds the fall damage to the Izuna Drop, doesn't even scale... nothing wrong with that... and you have to be fairly close to the edge to even get it.

Don't really have an opinion on stage balance (nor character balance)... so I do not care if Home, Dojo or whatever is banned, or not. And I certainly would not cast my vote when the US players make their decision as it's not my business.

Let me rephrase: most tourneys state this as a rule:

2 out of 3
60 seconds
Normal Health
Random Stage (unless both agree)
Dojo is banned - The no-walls thing, but the floor in DZ appears more damaging and players will either mop the floor or paint the walls. I'm all for environmental use, but what happens when you have 60secs, but fights are over in 6?

Last edited:

Madian

XBoner/PS4 holiday sales = $350
Last Round = $40

- Versus -

Hotel per night = $20-100 (varies with roomates) x number of days (varies depending on event schedule)
Tournament registration = $40+ and $5-10 per game
+Travel arrangements
+Lost time at work
+food and beverage

Who are these players that can't afford a next gen console but can afford to go to a regional tournament? Local venues just mean you don't have to buy a hotel or expensive meals but you still have to consider the other factors. This isn't a rhetorical question either so if you are in fact one of these people I want to know so I can get an idea how many of you there are.

I honestly feel like this conversation is really one between stream monsters who don't make any offline appearances and true competitors who understand the price of their chosen hobbies in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3v

David Gregg

Considering that I don't go to offline tournaments I didn't vote in the poll since it's more important to find out from players who actually do. However just out of my own curiosity, are you guys planning on using current gen for the offline scene?

just_me

Standard Donor
Let me rephrase: most tourneys state this as a rule:

Dojo is banned - The no-walls thing, but the floor in DZ appears more damaging and players will either mop the floor or paint the walls. I'm all for environmental use, but what happens when you have 60secs, but fights are over in 6?

So you basically want to know, if I think it's unfair that Dojo is banned (cuz one of the more common reasons is that Alphas can run away to their hearts content), but not Home and DZ? (which give certain chars an advantage, or is (possibly) nuts to begin with)
As I said... I don't really care, nor does that decision affect me at all.
But to give you some sort of answer... I don't think Dojo adds anything to the game, while Home etc. actually do... so if you want to ban a stage, let it be Dojo, since it's a boring stage with the highest chance to see boring fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD