Should DOA6 go back to being console exclusive?

Which consoles(s) should DOA6 be on?

• PS4 + PC

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Xbone + PC

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • WiiU + PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 35 76.1%

• Total voters

akhi216

Standard Donor
I was just thinking about how LR will be on 5 different consoles... on the one hand it's great for Tecmo since they make more money, but on the other hand the already small community is divided into 5 even smaller communities.

If DOA6 is on PS4/Xbone/PC, the fanbase is still split 3 ways since cross play is impossible when both MS and Sony are involved. But if they do what Capcom is doing with SF5 (PS4/PC with cross play) then everyone is essentially in one place with no real barrier for entry unless your PC is a toaster. What do you people think
I miss the days where publishers would make their top games available for every platform. My opinion is that they should absolutely not make DOA6 a platform exclusive. The only benefit that can be gained from platform exclusivity is more swelled ego for fangals, who's heads are usually already bloated and gelatinous. As far as the community being split up goes the same was said when DOA5 was being released for the PS3 but that turned out rather nicely in a general sense. Regarding the politics of Team Ninja's wallets the vast majority of income they get from DOA is from DLC outfits so more people having access to the game means more money for them.

tl:dr: Absolutely not.

Last edited:

31gma

No. In fact, they should allow cross-platform compatibility if they want to build more synergy for the community to grow. Unfortunately, Microsoft and Sony won't allow it.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
When it comes to console exclusives, it should be limited to first party titles and that's it. For third party titles, especially fighting games, no gamer should be left out unless the third party developer chooses to make the game on the console based off where that specific franchise sells the most. And people seem to forget that if a game is also on PC, then it's not an exclusive anymore. I like how people spout SFV is PS4 exclusive, but you can also get it on PC. It seems like when it's Xbox + PC, then it's not exclusive, but if it's PlayStation + PC, then it's exclusive. Long story short, if anything, DOA6 should be multiplatform on both PS4 and XB1, and provided Last Round does well on Steam, PC as well. The PS4 (albeit, SLIGHTLY more powerful) and XB1 pretty much are similar in specs, so I don't see how putting the game on both platforms would hinder anything.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Gonna throw this out there. If LR were to be console exclusive out would have been on PS4. Game was optimized for it and ported out from there which is probably why XBone is having more issues at the moment (apart from other reasons).

Otherwise I really don't care about the exclusivity.

Kasumi

I don't think any console manufacturer will be interested on getting DOA6 in exclusive, the franchise is not that "hot" or profitable. And I don't see what can they gain releasing the game in only one platform if they don't get a bag of money, and if they go for it, it will be a PS4 exclusive, releasing it only on X1 will kill a lot of sales in Japan and a Japanese company will not want that.

d3v

For a game with a developing community like DOA, console exclusivity carries alot more risk than something as big as Street Fighter. If it goes to the "wrong" console, then that's it for the community's growth. With the FGC's majors swinging towards one standard console (PS4), if it goes to the other one, then that greatly limits the game's ability to be played at tournaments.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Dead or Alive from the beginning started off with Arcade releases before consoles which was Saturn, Playstation, Dreamcast, & PS2 before DOA3 began the Xbox Exclusive deal between Itagaki & Microsoft (after Sega went third party discontinue the Dreamcast & Arcades have began decreasing due to the rise of console market) which some people liked the idea that DOA was on Xbox consoles, while others dislike the idea of it being exclusive to Xbox would've prefer if DOA was available to other consoles as well.

DOA has eventually return to the Playstation brand with DOA Paradise, and a fighting game release of DOA has returned with DOA Dimensions on the 3DS which eventually lead to DOA5 appearing both PS3 & 360 (plus PS Vita, Arcade, PS4, Xbox One, & PC). For DOA being console exclusive, I feel like DOA should be available for every console brand from Playstation, Xbox, & even Nintendo along with Arcades & now PC (considering people would want to see fighting games on PC, especially DOA5). If DOA has to be exclusive (for whatever reason), I would recommend on consoles that has better chances of selling mainly Playstation (maybe even Nintendo) since Xbox players from Western countries are more likely not that interested with DOA, while certain DOA fans & Japanese players have stopped playing DOA on Xbox systems when DOA5 was also available to Playstation systems (even the sales of games in Japan for Xbox is low compare to the Playstation sales). Itagaki's decision on making DOA exclusive to Xbox in a way wasn't the best choice since it can divide players, and I also think DOA (like others said) isn't as popular compare to the other fighting games that majority of players are playing.

My vote is on all releases, rather console exclusive.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD