Show me some videos highlighting how to properly play this character.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I initially picked up Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown in the summer with the intention of learning to play against the cameo characters in DOA5. As it turns out, I ended up liking VF5FS a lot and DOA5 very little. While I'm very terrible at VF5FS, I tried applied what I knew to DOA5 Akira when I got the chance and... it just felt off. So how is DOA5 Akira supposed to be played? Show me some footage.

Ghosty-J

Our very own Zeo is a great player to visually reference:

Likewise for Dragonsoul1490

And I'm the same way about VF5FS. Didn't look like one of those games I'd be all fanboying over, then I realized it's one of the greatest fighters I've ever played in my life XP

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hmmm, it seems very useful against people who over guards. It it safe to spam it?
it's 17 frames, so it is mildly slow. On normal hit, you're at a disadvantage, CH you're +2. I don't suggest spamming it, rather use it in situations where the opponent will most likely to be blocking. If you look under the character wiki, I put a combo video up there. One of the sections in the video is the GBoD (Guard Break of Doom) set ups.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD