SkullGirls

d3v

Defeats the purpose of IPS really.
Technically, IPS was supposed to stop braindead loops/infinites. I isn't supposed to stop people from being creative and finding ways to keep extending combos outside of true infinites.

DR2K

Technically, IPS was supposed to stop braindead loops/infinites. I isn't supposed to stop people from being creative and finding ways to keep extending combos outside of true infinites.

1 hit kill seems pretty brain dead to me.

Infinite Prevention System.

d3v

1 hit kill seems pretty brain dead to me.
You fail to consider that:

A) High damage/TOD actually places more emphasis on succeeding in the neutral game.

B) It takes more practice and execution to actually pull off a non-infinite TOD. Especially with all the other restrictions that the engine has.

DR2K

You fail to consider that:

A) High damage/TOD actually places more emphasis on succeeding in the neutral game.

B) It takes more practice and execution to actually pull off a non-infinite TOD. Especially with all the other restrictions that the engine has.

I'm okay with high damage, resets, etc. . , I'm not okay with a match being turned into a combo movie. It's obvious that the game was not meant for a 1v1 format.

d3v

umm are they ever going to patch the 360 version?
Ask Microsoft as the hold up is with them.

That said, Mike confirmed that if the patch doesn't come out before Squigly does, then the data for the patch will come with Squigly's update.

d3v

Linux port confirmed.

Also new reward for the Indiegogo campaign - animation cells!

Ghosty-J

Saw the cash count at 813k two hours away from the deadline. I come in the next morning and find it boosted up to a whopping 829k! Yup, consider Skullgirls BOUGHT........ after I kick my Darkstalkers binge :V

Been meaning to buy Skullgirls since forever now, but VF5FS distracted me. After I play Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge next week, I'm picking this game up immediately now that it's reassured there will be more content coming up. Think I'll make some fanart of Ms. Fortune and Valentine while I'm at it. Perhaps Squiggly too : P

Squigly is now completely funded, right down to her story mode.
squiglybooty.gif

Now we need to work towards that Big Band!

I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing this gif @_@

*the proper music*

Reactions: d3v

Ghosty-J

That's creepy. :confused:

And that's why I like it so much :U
But the creepier part is how loyal the fanbase is enough to pour out hundreds of thousands of dollars in such a short amount of time to help make the game grow. Talk about dedication.

EDIT:
I just realized the most creepiest part of all. The final result of the fund raising ended at exactly $829,829!!!
Seriously, that's just something you'd see out of this world o_o I'm expecting to see jokes and references in this game regarding Double 829. It's like Lab Zero's lucky number or something XD

synce

Holy shit 5 new characters with stories and a bunch more stuff... for as a little as a dollar or even free. Then we have Tecmo charging $20 to give the entire cast a Santa outfit :/ Indie is THE FUTURE.

Who's everyone voting for? Feng and Venus for me... I'd like Stanley in there too though, and I won't be surprised if Panzer gets in

Ghosty-J

I haven't donated squat unfortunately. But if I did, I would have voted for Isaac and Stanley. Big Black Doctor Who and Labcoat Street Shark has to be the coolest character ideas ever conceived : D

DR2K

Holy shit 5 new characters with stories and a bunch more stuff... for as a little as a dollar or even free. Then we have Tecmo charging $20 to give the entire cast a Santa outfit :/ Indie is THE FUTURE.

Who's everyone voting for? Feng and Venus for me... I'd like Stanley in there too though, and I won't be surprised if Panzer gets in

Well lets crowdfund all their DLC so everyone gets it free for a few months. AKA it's not free, it has a cost to it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD