So Sidestepping..

INFAMESS

So there are apparently two ways to sidestep via the other options menu. I was wondering whether or not my choice effects both players or just one?

Darrell

The SS in this game works very well. I would even go as far as to say it works about as good as VF's. Doesn't work online though. Too much laggy

NightAntilli

I've seen people sidestepping grabs. Not only on YouTube videos but it even happened once at the IPL tournament yesterday. Makes me wonder how that works. Maybe the transition into attack is fast enough for the grab to be beat out by the attack from the sidestep.

Jenks3

As I'm kind of new to DoA on a stick, I'm using 22 or 88. I have a fear that I'll hit all 3 accidentally when trying to just shit P+K or H+K. But that will change with practice.

Darrell

gif I made of me SS 3 consecutive delayed attacks. I was like "Wooo!!"
Tek 2.gif

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
As I'm kind of new to DoA on a stick, I'm using 22 or 88. I have a fear that I'll hit all 3 accidentally when trying to just shit P+K or H+K. But that will change with practice.

You don't fear that doing a 33 motion will accidentally be read as 6226? ditto for 11 and 4224 as that's what caused a lot of players to start favoring the 2H+P+K method.

synce

This is odd. I was playing against someone in ranked and I couldn't sidestep the way I set it (fpk). I was forced to use 88 or 22, it really threw my game off. Not sure if it was a glitch or what

NinjaDucky

The game appears to be monumentally bad at saving quite a lot of options. I have to set up certain things pretty much every time I load the game, could be that this is one of them?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No, it's not that because after it happened to me I saw that it still had me set to the 2h+p+k input. I honestly believe it's picking up the settings from my Player 2 controller config, and since I haven't set those then they're set to default or 22_88 input.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The sidestep input glitch happens to me randomly in just about every mode. Haven't figured out a reason for it as of yet.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking of movement, did you guys notice that you dont get high counter strike for hitting a back dashing opponent. It is Counter strike, and you no longer get the default stun you did in the past. The stun you get varies on the attack used. I like it!!!

TakedaZX

Doesn't like every move retrack anyway? I'm not really seeing a great need for this sidestep except the fact that it ducks a little bit...

synce

Ivr gotten great use out of it. You can ss someone mid combo then go on the offensive. With counters so weakened its a good alternative

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
TakedaZX said:
Doesn't like every move retrack anyway? I'm not really seeing a great need for this sidestep except the fact that it ducks a little bit...
-You can ss multiple times. So if the follow up attack still hits after the evade, just evade again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD