So which version is everyone all getting

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That depends on your definition of "online experience". The 360 has the better UI, but the PS3 has had superior netcode in quite a few games.

It depends on the player base as a lot of games are p2p anyways.

For example, I've had numerous times where people said they had a better experience on PS3's netcode than 360's. Personally, I've always had a better experience on 360 - when not in a party chat, and met a few who agree but there are also others with opposite results.

DrDogg

It depends on the player base as a lot of games are p2p anyways.

For example, I've had numerous times where people said they had a better experience on PS3's netcode than 360's. Personally, I've always had a better experience on 360 - when not in a party chat, and met a few who agree but there are also others with opposite results.

Depends on the game. For example, Tekken 6 and MK9 are significantly better on PS3 than they are on 360. I don't party chat and rarely chat at all on 360.

Blazeincarnated

That depends on your definition of "online experience". The 360 has the better UI, but the PS3 has had superior netcode in quite a few games.
360 has better overall...especially when you have perfect connection, which I have at ALL times.. Not to mention I have had my 360 since 2007 (around when a lot of people shit started dying)..

d3v

Connection quality in a fighting game is oftentimes down to how many players you have on the same console in you area. For example, since we have more PS3 users here in the far east, we get better connections and batter matchmaking on PS3 (it doesn't help that most people pirate their shit on XBox).

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Never once had a RROD. I must be the luckiest man alive.
You must be. I'm on like my 15th Xbox 360.

Had a great experience with Xbox Support too:
AknZ8yCCIAAOAac.jpg

Allan Paris

Damn, that's ridiculous. I've had one to act up on me. I'd quit buying them before I was 15 consoles in.The Xbox online experience is not worth it. You must really like Microsoft, Grap3.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I never had an RROD when I lived in Saudi. And I have to deal with desert heat.
I move to the UK and get a new xbox.... 6 months later, RROD. Tried to get it fixed, RRODed again a week after.

I threw it away n bought a new one... Havent had trouble since. The funny part is that the one in Saudi still works like a charm LOL.

d3v

One important question that needs to be asked, which is the lead console for this game.

R4712-VR88

How do you go through so many consoles, especially by the time 2009 gets here when the consoles stopped RROD? I just don't believe it's entirely the consoles fault for its failure.

Blazeincarnated

How do you go through so many consoles, especially by the time 2009 gets here when the consoles stopped RROD? I just don't believe it's entirely the consoles fault for its failure.
This is what I did (mind you I have had mine since 2007) It caught the RROD So I took the power box (this might sound crazy) and I took the plug and unhooked both cords, and let it sit for 20 minutes.... after that it was like magic. It also did it again a year ago right around when I got MK9. And I repeated the same process, and its been working ever since this day. (I call it my baby, because it lasted for so long, lol)

PhoenixVFIRE

I've only ever had the RROD twice, but each time I sent it to Microsoft to be fixed. I think my warranty is up now though :/

jaiwhite205

PS3. I only own a playstation cuz the 360 broke. TBH Im kinda on the fence about the online play. Online play may be the only way i get competition around here, and recently I have deferred from playing online. There isnt a big scene for DOA here so the only time I might get competition is when I go to majors. Next year I'm looking at going to at least 3 majors. :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD