SOCAL DOA 5 TOURNAMENT WITH SPECIAL GUEST - THE VOICE OF KASUMI

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
About the SoCal Tournament earlier tonight. Just going to set something straight about myself. Tonight was "the first time since NorCal Regionals" that I touched an Xbox360 controller. So, I was adjusting to the pad throughout the tournament because I've become adept at using the PS Vita to play. So that resulted in me playing pretty sloppy (66KK4's being 6KK, kept getting BT9 flips, etc). So I just made due with it. And for the record, I lost to Harribel because the pad's down button on the dpad was screwed up, which resulted in a lot of general back n forth movement for everything being tarnished.

Regardless, I still did fine, took out Air Gear (it was a great set with him) and won. And to all of you stream monsters and haters like Lokki, FUCK YOU and get off your couches and go play offline somewhere. You will never have my respect as a player for disrespecting me.

To everyone that showed up, great games and it was nice meeting everyone and seeing some friends again. And I'd also like to thank Jennifer for hosting the tournament for SoCal tonight. The Lounge crew are all awesome, and it was really great meeting Lauren, she's really cool. Tonight was a great night and I had a lot of fun.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Congrats Hajin. I wish I could have been there. I've been waiting to participate in another SoCal tournament. Maybe next time.

Berzerk!

This looks like it was great. Why was this supercool tournament night not promoted on the front page?

Any footage or photos of proceedings? I can't find the stream archive on the page yet

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
There are no archives yet, I believe. But, my friend (and apprentice) Aelivia recorded Grand Finals (although it has no audio). She'll post links to Grand Finals once she's done uploading them to Youtube.

Gill Hustle

I lost to Harribel because the pad's down button on the dpad was screwed up, which resulted in a lot of general back n forth movement for everything.

^^^This.

Tenryuga and I were in chat like WTF is up with this day one Ayane?! Lol, but it's all good you brought it back and you and Air Gear had some dope matches.

You might wanna invest in a PS3 to 360 convertor though.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Glad the tourney worked out so well. Great stuff AG and Hajin! Awesome footage.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
About 10 I think, also I lefted out "being tarnished" at the end of that sentence you quoted, Gill LOL.

ikodomo

Ggs to Hajin, Shuns Fury, Dii Bell, Snakz. Thanks to all who tuned in to watch the tournament. I hope you all enjoyed your time.

1337LoungeJen

-To the mods: Thanks for merging the posts and keeping things organized!
-To the players who attended: Thank you so much; we had SO much fun and it was excellent getting perspective on the state of the DOA5 community.
-Sorry about the confusion with the tourney rules. I had pasted them over from the rules from SoCal Regionals and didn't bother reading through them! You'd be surprised how little time there is for that kind of detail-work when you're programming a 24/7 celebrity arcade stream! Thanks to those who overlooked the oversight and came out to play.

Hope it was fun! I learned a lot -- next time we run a DOA5 event in the Lounge, we'll have a great commentator on hand. The gameplay was fierce and deserves the extra attention. THANKS AGAIN!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Last night was an awesome night. Everyone had a great time, I know I sure as hell did. Everyone in the Lounge hyped up the tournament and on stream. Grand Finals had me pumped, that was my probably one of the better sets I've ever had with Air Gear (our offline casuals are usually always good anyway). Playing my own friend AND teammate in finals is crazy stuff, which is why I would not have felt horrible if I lost to him because Air Gear is a very good player that can play 3 characters really solid. Grand Finals could have gone either way, to be honest. But I am glad I won. Anyone thinking Air Gear is not a mountain to climb needs to play the guy offline, that goes for myself as well.

Grand Finals is when I finally adjusted to the 360 pad, although I still made some errors (66KK4's being 6KK, random flips, etc) but there was no room or time to let it bother me. Just had to play through it and pick up the pace.

Thank you Air Gear for driving Harribel and myself down to the tournament with you, we really appreciate it bro. Also, thank you Harribel for letting me stay at your place for the night, appreciate it.

Thank you, Jennifer, for hosting the event and welcoming us all. You, Lauren and the rest of the lounge crew were an awesome bunch and are a lot of fun. It would be pretty awesome to do something like this again in the future.

Good games to Air Gear, Harribel, Snakz, Shuns Fury and everyone else that participated, and thanks to everyone who came by to watch the stream (except for the haters in DOA but they aren't relevant anyway).

Dat arcade machine doe... *______*

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD