Some new DOA5U info (costumes tag etc)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I dunno about you guys but ever since i got the fighting shorts for the male characters thats all ive been using lol.

Im quite happy with the selection. Baymans green berret and the retirn of leons turban are great plusses for me.

As for the bounty thing.. should be interesting.. maybe they will make online costumes or titles or gamer pics that can only be purchased through this.. bounty system.. looks like fun: )

WebHead

ranked tag? i hope u can tag up with a partner and search and plz bring back ranked points to lobby systems

UpSideDownGRUNT

Most of the other characters have some decent fan service, however I can understand where Brute is coming from. Hayabusa in DoA5 has no good costumes at all, apart from the Santa and Fighter packs they're all rips from Ninja Gaiden 3/Razor's Edge and the white costume from Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma.

The only new costume so far in DoA5U for Hayabusa is yet ANOTHER costume from Ninja Gaiden 3 only with a long ponytail and without the Grip Of Murder, I can imagine that Brute, along with myself and many other Busa fans just want more traditional style/awesome ninja costumes like Hayabusa had in DoA2U including the throwback(DoA2 C1/DoA2U/4 C2) instead of the same lame Ninja Gaiden costumes over and over.

UpSideDownGRUNT

They're not that diverse though, because it's always the Legendary Black Falcon(which I can't stand), the Classic Blue from the NES games and the Dragon Muscle suit, I'd rather have more diverse traditional style costumes like he had in DoA1, DoA2/2U, DoA3 and DoAD's C2 than just swaps from Ninja Gaiden they're too boring. I literally don't like ANY of Hayabusa's costumes in DoA5 except for Classic Blue and 2 of the DLC costumes and I like the Spirit of the Fighter in 5U.

I'd just like more classic/new DoA inspired costumes instead of just swaps from Ninja Gaiden otherwise DoA2U will literally be the only DoA game where is costumes are actually diverse and cool.

anyway I'm going offtopic.... apart from the lame Ninja Gaiden swaps and nerfs for Hayabusa, I like everything I see in 5U so far and I'm interested in the bounty

Brute

Standard Donor
While I agree that he could use some classic outfits, you can't deny that Epigognos ryu looks awesome.
Oh yes I can. Damn thing looks awful, and not in a cool way, either. Bad texture quality awkward lighting and just uninspired design makes the thing atrocious, and knowing it was probably just model-imported from RE doesn't help either. It's literally my worst favorite Hayabusa costume in any game he's been in thus far. And yes, that includes the Santa suit.

If they wanted to make a silly "corrupted" Ryu they could have at least gone with the Fiend Ryu from NG2. That thing at least looks menacing. Not that we need another one after the Ashtar outfit, but still, billion times better than the Epigonos.

I'm not quite as opposed to his options as UpSideDown is, but I do agree that I want more than all these masked NG imports.
C1 Legendary Black Falcon: I can understand why it's in there, but I've never been a big fan of the suit.
C2 Blue Ryukenden: Probably my favorite Ryu outfit in DOA5, tho that's not saying much.
C3 Joe's "Armor": It's sorta cool to see the NG2 headcrest back and get that nostalgia, but doesn't feel very "Ryu" to me
C4 Ashtar: Dem painted nails... anyway, I can see why they wanted it in, but I personally don't like it at all.
C5 Epigonos: Worst favorite piece of shit ever.
C6 Santa: No comment.
C7 Fighter: Finally get his hair. Still not his face 'cause fuck us. Oh, and he's naked. Obviously I wanted to be naked.
C8 Training suit: Something he should never wear. This is Ayane's get-up, not Ryu's.
C9 Spirit of the Fighter: A lazy re-skin of Hayate's no shirt costume with the damn mask added back.

SilverForte

Oh yes I can. Damn thing looks awful, and not in a cool way, either. Bad texture quality awkward lighting and just uninspired design makes the thing atrocious, and knowing it was probably just model-imported from RE doesn't help either. It's literally my worst favorite Hayabusa costume in any game he's been in thus far. And yes, that includes the Santa suit.

If they wanted to make a silly "corrupted" Ryu they could have at least gone with the Fiend Ryu from NG2. That thing at least looks menacing. Not that we need another one after the Ashtar outfit, but still, billion times better than the Epigonos.

I'm not quite as opposed to his options as UpSideDown is, but I do agree that I want more than all these masked NG imports.
C1 Legendary Black Falcon: I can understand why it's in there, but I've never been a big fan of the suit.
C2 Blue Ryukenden: Probably my favorite Ryu outfit in DOA5, tho that's not saying much.
C3 Joe's "Armor": It's sorta cool to see the NG2 headcrest back and get that nostalgia, but doesn't feel very "Ryu" to me
C4 Ashtar: Dem painted nails... anyway, I can see why they wanted it in, but I personally don't like it at all.
C5 Epigonos: Worst favorite piece of shit ever.
C6 Santa: No comment.
C7 Fighter: Finally get his hair. Still not his face 'cause fuck us. Oh, and he's naked. Obviously I wanted to be naked.
C8 Training suit: Something he should never wear. This is Ayane's get-up, not Ryu's.
C9 Spirit of the Fighter: A lazy re-skin of Hayate's no shirt costume with the damn mask added back.

Well that's fine, I just like it cause it looks like something out of doom. Like some flame hellspawn.

Dave

Speak for yourself. I've been dying for some co-op and hope this feature gets to be online.

WAAAAAIIIIIIT. I read it wrong. This was the last thing I wanted. I was in a rush. I thought he said one player controlling one tag team. I want this sooooo bad. Please let it happen.

Kronin

About Ryu's outfits, I agree that he has few new ones in DoA5 (but actually since DoA3 were really few the outfits not imported by the Ninja Gaiden series), but personally I consider his vestiary one of the best ones for the DoA5 males (together with Bayman's one).

Speak for yourself. I've been dying for some co-op and hope this feature gets to be online.

Well, I think that he means online ;) : the feature is already included in DoA5 offline (well, actually just for the versus mode).

synce

WAAAAAIIIIIIT. I read it wrong. This was the last thing I wanted. I was in a rush. I thought he said one player controlling one tag team. I want this sooooo bad. Please let it happen.

Well it's happening, and yes it's online. I'm just telling you what the poster said, not speculating.

Zeo

Yeah and I forgot to mention this but there seems to be a revamped ranking system based on individual characters. Ex: Your Ryu might be an A+ while your Hayate is C-. (That's just my example, there's no real details given)

By that logic every character will start off as an F? So most players will have B to S+ for like 2 characters and all the other characters will be around F-C.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD