Something I'd like people to start testing...

Zeo

Had a set with Rikuto on smallest life and I must say it's incredible. It feels like an entirely different game, but more importantly it made me realize how reckless I was being in matches and forced me to play a lot smarter and put a lot more thought into what I was doing in the match. It also forced me to play a lot more respectfully.

Like it's been said, every match is intense, mistakes lead to huge damage and a critical burst for the most part is gg and can turn the tide of a match in an instant. The experience was humbling and anyone looking to improve their game should play on small or smallest, I found myself playing smarter and winning a lot more on other games after the set.

As for my opinion on smallest, it's crazy but a little overkill. Small would probably be a better fit for real matches, give you a little more breathing room but at the same time you still have to think about your gameplan a lot more. I wouldn't change the standard to smallest but that's definitely what I would recommend as the average for those who want to improve their overall game, especially the defensive aspect which most people are sorely lacking.

MaxwellMouse

I played in that Lobby a bit earlier and enjoyed smallest health. I really had to respect Rikuto's Rig because one hit was leading into 65% damage combos. Yikes.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I played in that Lobby a bit earlier and enjoyed smallest health. I really had to respect Rikuto's Rig because one hit was leading into 65% damage combos. Yikes.

You can stagger escape to reduce my damage potential on that, by the way.

Holding isn't really an option though. Once I get that first sit down stun, im home free.

sorry for not being on rikuto.

It's fine. Just let me know if and when you're interested.

Gruff757

Standard Donor

Holding isn't really an option though. Once I get that first sit down stun, im home free.

Im interested now if youre free at the moment

NightAntilli

After playing there, I don't play that differently from how I usually play. I can just kill my opponent more quickly.. Lol. Grabs hurt a lot more too though, so holding is discouraged. But people don't expect the high risk unsafe moves, so using them is actually more useful.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Im interested now if youre free at the moment

Well, I was hanging around on PSN for like an hour and nobody was there, so I finally switched over to XBL when I saw Sorwah's stream going. Sadly I've now been up about 24 hours and my gameplay is clearly suffering for it. At this point, if I got on I would basically just be a practice dummy, and you need actual useful feedback... so its just not a good idea at this moment.

Now, my bed -- there's a winning strategy. I should be going there.

Are you available at any time before noon tomorrow or late tonight (midnightish)?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Well, I was hanging around on PSN for like an hour and nobody was there, so I finally switched over to XBL when I saw Sorwah's stream going. Sadly I've now been up about 24 hours and my gameplay is clearly suffering for it. At this point, if I got on I would basically just be a practice dummy, and you need actual useful feedback... so its just not a good idea at this moment.

Now, my bed -- there's a winning strategy. I should be going there.

Are you available at any time before noon tomorrow or late tonight (midnightish)?

no class tomorrow so yup pretty much.

MaxwellMouse

Nice to know. I have basically no experience against Rig so I was unsure how to defend it.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
After playing there, I don't play that differently from how I usually play. I can just kill my opponent more quickly.. Lol. Grabs hurt a lot more too though, so holding is discouraged. But people don't expect the high risk unsafe moves, so using them is actually more useful.

Honestly, a lot of that has to do with the amount you can get from her hold game specifically.

From range I can't play footsies effectively (especially in that connection), because any number of your evasive moves are going to make me whiff completely and then hit me in the face. There's just no way I can compensate for it. I couldn't really react to your sabaki transition and punish it properly either, and that seems to be the key to shutting her down... but the window is too short and the delay is too long. That gave you a LOT of offensive pressure I simply couldn't deal with in a logical manner.

I pretty much had to let you just start up and hope whatever you were going for didn't work, then work into my own game of classic infighting and try not to get parried to death.

Basically, it was a really.... annoying situation. lol.

But as said, I'm tired. Perhaps a solution will dawn on me when I wake up that doesn't involve gambling.

When I finally did throw everything logical out the window and just rush you down, it worked because I'm good at that. I don't want that to be my solution to every situation like this though.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Rikuto when did you make the room? I pretty much haven't been sleep since God knows when. I don't remember finding your room(assuming it was public) on psn.

NightAntilli

Honestly, a lot of that has to do with the amount you can get from her hold game specifically.

From range I can't play footsies effectively (especially in that connection), because any number of your evasive moves are going to make me whiff completely and then hit me in the face. There's just no way I can compensate for it. I couldn't really react to your sabaki transition and punish it properly either, and that seems to be the key to shutting her down... but the window is too short and the delay is too long. That gave you a LOT of offensive pressure I simply couldn't deal with in a logical manner.

I pretty much had to let you just start up and hope whatever you were going for didn't work, then work into my own game of classic infighting and try not to get parried to death.

Basically, it was a really.... annoying situation. lol.

But as said, I'm tired. Perhaps a solution will dawn on me when I wake up that doesn't involve gambling.

When I finally did throw everything logical out the window and just rush you down, it worked because I'm good at that. I don't want that to be my solution to every situation like this though.
Yeah I know it's from her specifically. I've been in the mindset of using her tools to the fullest. Which is why I now kind of suck with Kokoro (and everyone else) because she's so different. Stopping the Sabaki transition would be a way to stop her from pressuring so much, but, she still has her parries, offensive holds and her evasive moves.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Me and Emperor Cow had an offline session with Smallest and Small health. He didn't feel comfortable with Smallest, though I thought it made the game more fun. We did agree that small was a decent balance. I need to test this with more people to see what their opinions are.

Perfect Legend

LBSH we all know why the new normal is the old largest life. There a select few people who play this game who like largest life.

Anyway its pointless to even argue or dabble with this. Like I said in the tier list thread it doesn't matter till people start going to tournaments on a frequent basis like SF type locals and majors.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD