Something Is Missing

I recently started playing with Rig, remembering some of the matches I saw of him in the pre-release tournaments. I clearly remember him having a move where he held you up and then slams you down with his leg.

I went through his entire movelist in training mode and did not come across it. Did this move get removed from the final game or something? Seemed like a really good move too.

dawnbringer

It's there. It is done from Bending stance with :6::H+K: (if I remember correctly) on midair opponent in juggled state. Search for this move in move list.

dawnbringer

Huh, weird, I wonder why Command Training didn't bring it up.

Command training does not show all the moves. In particular, it never shows:
  • holds against jumping strikes;
  • back-turned moves if character doesn't have moves to get back-turned (Akira);
  • throws against midair opponents (your case);
  • ground throws that require positioning (e.g. from a side);
  • special wake-up attacks;
  • some other moves for no reason (e.g. Kokoro's hit throws).

Now if I could just find a practical application for this move. I can't get into Bending Stance fast enough after a launcher to get the move to work.

Brute

Standard Donor
Try 9PP, 9K, 6H+K, K

^Not the best set-up as it relies on 3 consecutive high strikes and really only launches high enough for one juggle combo, but it's useful for testing the timing and input for the (Bending) 6H+KK aerial juggle.

That works pretty good Brute, risky, but I got it on my first try. I'll look into alternative setups and juggles where I could use it as a finisher.

milechaser

Once you get into bending stance (whichever way you choose to) you can do 6H+K, 6H+KK. 6H+K launches opponents on critical stun which will let you catch them with the air juggle.
Another one is :4: :1: :2: :3: :6:T~9K, 6H+K, 6H+KK.

Also, if you manage to interrupt certain people's moves with 6H+K it'll get them airborne as well. If you'd like I'd be more than willing to do some training with you. Just add me on PSN.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD