Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want Pyrrha to come back too. It was really fun just using her front crotch kick to counter opponents and have them crumple to the ground, and just follow up with desperate impale to troll your way to victory .♡_♡

Jadeinchains

I suspect Phyrra will come back since she had such an important role in the story of SCV. Maybe her story would focus on getting revenge on Tira and growing stronger as a character since Tira is really the person who destroyed her family. Her brother Parasol or whatever his name was can die though between games or something I don't know. Maybe that's to harsh he can just be doing something else far away from the story. I'd want from the Alexandra family Phyrra and Cassandra. I don't think Phyrra would play as big of a role in the story of SC6 though. I actually really liked Natsu and wouldn't mind having her back as well.

In fact I don't really hate or dislike any of the new characters besides a slight dislike for Xiba. I just didn't like that they replaced the old characters. and the new characters have such similar fighting styles that it would be hard to have them together in the same game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
cdeb1a4b63896d52c136f09610a96280418e130abb53c3e27175c3f55e60ecb9.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So I picked up SC2HD, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I hope in the process of waiting for SC6 info, we get word of a SC3HD or something.

I'd be down for a Soul Calibur 3 remake (not just a HD port) with all new graphics! SC3 had the most varied and beautiful stages of the series so that would be a feast for the eyes. *__*

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want all games up to SC3 to be remade, they'd look beautiful with how far SC has came in terms of graphics and stage design. I honestly want SC3 to be remade most, their Cas mode was the biggest and had the most content, and I miss the custom male and female face 01s I always used. And the Chronicles of the sword and tales of of souls mode were great past times, I literally spent hours just playing those modes. XD

Jadeinchains

I want all games up to SC3 to be remade, they'd look beautiful with how far SC has came in terms of graphics and stage design. I honestly want SC3 to be remade most, their Cas mode was the biggest and had the most content, and I miss the custom male and female face 01s I always used. And the Chronicles of the sword and tales of of souls mode were great past times, I literally spent hours just playing those modes. XD

Was chronicles of the sword that mode that was kind of like a strategy game? If so then yeah I'd like that back since I love it when fighting games have side things to do. I've said it before but I loved how crazy Mortal Kombat Armageddon's go kart mini game was! XD

This would probably never happen but if Soul Calibur 6 somehow had all those modes and an amazing customization mode and stages from past games it would be insane! That's like a pipe dream though so I just think it would be cool to see a past game get remade. ( as a side project so it doesn't interfere with the development of SC6 )

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Let's hope with EVERY fiber of our being that this delay is all the content they're putting in. It'll also probably look even better since that PS4.5 is coming soon. I hope they do more of that Tekken DLC stuff and crossover packs, it was fun dressing my male Cas as Jin Kazama and seeing how the Tekken gear looks with SC gloss.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I...I'm sorry @Tyaren! But honestly, that is inevitably what will probably end up happening. Project soul is known for having top of the line graphics, and 4.5 will gladly sate them to create better visuals than the vanilla PS4. And the stages will be able to have even more glorious design AND more effects and stuff. I get a euphoric feeling just thinking about it!☆

Jadeinchains

Well so long as its on PS4 and they make it as breath taking as possible then I'll be okay! :)

No exclusive content, just better graphical quality.

Edit: Also to make sure this thread doesn't slide off topic I also hope viola returns in the form of Amy and that at some point in the story her memory will be returned.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I...I'm sorry @Tyaren! But honestly, that is inevitably what will probably end up happening. Project soul is known for having top of the line graphics, and 4.5 will gladly sate them to create better visuals than the vanilla PS4. And the stages will be able to have even more glorious design AND more effects and stuff. I get a euphoric feeling just thinking about it!☆

First of all, you do realize that the vanilla PS4 hasn't even been fully tapped into yet because graphic engines are hardly optimized for it anymore? More and more games look and run shitty on it when PS4 exclusives however, like The Order 1886 or Uncharted 4, look absolutely gorgeous. They even look better than most PC games, even though current gaming PCs are multiple times as powerful as the PS4. The PS4Neo is just a little over 1 time as powerful as the regular PS4... It's really about optimization not sheer technical power.
Secondly, you do also realize that this lack of optimization will become even more apparent with more and more platforms to develop for? Soon there will be the PS4, PS4Neo, Xbone, Xbone II, Nintendo NX, PC and various VR platforms. All platforms will suffer under worse and worse optimization because of this and developers already said they are very annoyed by the PS4Neo and similar mid-generation console upgrades. It costs them time and money and if something costs the developers too much time and money...they get sloppy. You can instantly scratch your "more glorious design". ;)

Jadeinchains

Yeah I actually saw something about that somewhere that the upgrade from PS4 to PS4neo isn't even that grand and that the ps4 will continue to look better has its tapped into anyway. I also like hearing that developers are annoyed by it also so it isn't just consumers, though I'm not actually that bothered.

Anyway since its a thread about Soul Calibur I've forgotten if anyones ever mentioned their favourite character/main for each game So mine are -

SC3 - Ivy

SC4 - Ivy/Amy

SC5 - Ivy/Natsu

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's mine:
*SC2: Sophitia, Seung mina, Xianghua
*SC3: Sophitia, Ninja Cas class, Monk Cas class, Amy, Cassandra
*SC4: Amy/Scheherazade, Sophitia, Nightmare/Kamikurimusi, Seung Mina/Angol Fear, Cassandra,
*SC5: Pyrrah-sama, Nightmare, Leixia

Lol, I like a lot of characters, but Amy, Sophitia, and Scheherazade will always be my top three favorites, Kamikurimusi is a close 4th. I would say Nightmare since he's my third strongest character, but I dislike his character, so I opt to use my pretty boy Cas Kouhei over him in SC5, it makes his style seem more likeable.

Jadeinchains

Lol yeah I do that as well, When I dislike a character I just create my own character with their fighting style and basically replace them. Great that the games have that ability though since there's other fighting games where I like a style but can't stand the character!

And yeah I probably listed less characters than I should have. In reality I really just mess around and play as every character ( well female character anyway ) the ones I listed are just the ones I tried to make an effort to get good at. I'm still not that great though.

The best I ever got in a fighting game was with Lili in TTT2, I could actually win consistently in that game.
I was also pretty good with Jade and Sonya in MK9.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Same! Lili was my strongest in Tekken, winning with her is actually really easy once you get past her slow speed and predictability. I use Amy because she's a dance type fighter like Lili, and she's actually rushdown and very versatile to the point of being broken, same with Nightmare, and they're both straightforward. Sophitia and Pyrrah I chose because they're awesome against counter hits and so simple to use, and I love motherly women and apologetic strikers XD. I also liked Scheherazade because she was so bitchy and loud, and I think she had longer reach than Amy did, but with a bigger hitbox. Seung Mina was just a "for fun" pocket character, she was WAY too nerfed and slow in SC4 to make her a consistent winner. :-( She was definitely much better in SC2 where she was fast and had her attacks untouched.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah I actually saw something about that somewhere that the upgrade from PS4 to PS4neo isn't even that grand and that the ps4 will continue to look better has its tapped into anyway. I also like hearing that developers are annoyed by it also so it isn't just consumers, though I'm not actually that bothered.

Anyway since its a thread about Soul Calibur I've forgotten if anyones ever mentioned their favourite character/main for each game So mine are -

SC3 - Ivy

SC4 - Ivy/Amy

SC5 - Ivy/Natsu

SC2 - Link (because it is Link! *__*), Kilik (easy to use and kinda OP) and Yunseong (liked his character and he's also quick and agile).

SC3 - Never had a PS2 although I would have loved to play that part. :( The design is probably the most beautiful in the whole series.

SC4 - Talim (she was so cute in this part so I finally had to try her out and happened to like her style), also Kilik and Yunseong.

SC5 - Maxi after Kilik, Yunseong and Talim were gone. :( Maxi was much easier to controll than in previous titles.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD