Stage DLC in DOA6

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Damn...watching that DOA2 stages video shows how much of a certificate of poverty the DOA5 and DOA6 stages really are. D: I miss so much being able to look far into the distance, seeing snow capped mountain ranges, endlessly winding river valleys, colorful coral reefs, or beautiful medievil cites stretching out before you. Any detail outside the stage boundaries is entirely missing in DOA6.

KwonJigglypuff

My wishlist (there is no such thing as being greedy).

1552333766-doa6-stages.jpg

- I left Fireworks, Home, Azuchi, Lorelei, Lost World: even though they are really amazing, that would be too much of DOA5's identity. I wouldn't mind any of them returning of course! And I'm pretty sure TN already know we love these stages...
- If we are realistic, the fusion between certain stages should cut some part of it (for instance the Demon Church would only have the top, the stained glass danger zone and the Forest surrounding the church would not be as big).
- I tried to make sure the fusioned stages respect the location (for instance Demon Church and The Forest are based in Germany and would perfectly fit Ein's DLC: that's where he was rescued by Hitomi and where he remembered his Hayate persona).

candynarwhal

I also thought about fusing stages - here's a few more ideas:

Koku An (DOA2U) + Ninja Hideout (DOA4) + Shrine (DOA2U) - Basically the Koku An stage with the shōji doors from Ninja Hideout, and a hidden door in the back that lets you out onto the balcony from Shrine, fireworks in the distance and all. In a nod to Sky City Tokyo from DOA5, there could be a fireworks danger zone at the back of the lower balcony that sends the opponent flying...

Spiral (DOA2) + Tritower Heliport (DOA4) - Self-explanatory, just the infinite spiral but with the heliport in the middle, should you get knocked off into its center. I think it could look pretty cool.

Azuchi (DOA3) + Yozakura (DOA2U) - depending on which side you're knocked out of the central pagoda, you'd end up either in the Azuchi courtyard or the Yozakura one.

Burai Zenin (DOA2U) + Tao (DOA3) - again, kind of self-explanatory, the Tao part of the stage would just overlook the rest, or I guess replace the bottom part of Burai Zenin.

I like White Storm + Ice Cave, Temple of the Dragon + Kyoto in Bloom and L's Castle + Temple on the Mountain from your wishlist, too.

I'd even add bits of DOATEC Great Hall to the Freedom Survivor + Aquarium fusion, maybe make the ballroom mezzanine resemble it more.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

1552333766-doa6-stages.jpg

- I left Fireworks, Home, Azuchi, Lorelei, Lost World: even though they are really amazing, that would be too much of DOA5's identity. I wouldn't mind any of them returning of course! And I'm pretty sure TN already know we love these stages...
- If we are realistic, the fusion between certain stages should cut some part of it (for instance the Demon Church would only have the top, the stained glass danger zone and the Forest surrounding the church would not be as big).
- I tried to make sure the fusioned stages respect the location (for instance Demon Church and The Forest are based in Germany and would perfectly fit Ein's DLC: that's where he was rescued by Hitomi and where he remembered his Hayate persona).

Great proposals. :)
I had no idea Demon's Church was based in Germany. Now that you mentioned it, it could indeed be inspired Freiburg Cathedral, which is located in the Black Forest where Hitomi found Ein.
The DOA3 forest stage I am sure, and I just checked a wiki article, is located in Japan though. But I'd love to have a Black Forest stage. It could be dimly lit and spooky.

spooky_woods.jpg

KwonJigglypuff

Great proposals. :)
I had no idea Demon's Church was based in Germany. Now that you mentioned it, it could indeed be inspired Freiburg Cathedral, which is located in the Black Forest where Hitomi found Ein.
The DOA3 forest stage I am sure, and I just checked a wiki article, is located in Japan though. But I'd love to have a Black Forest stage. It could be dimly lit and spooky.

spooky_woods.jpg

I always though the Forest stage in DOA was actually the forest Ein was found! Thanks for the precision.

I also thought about fusing stages - here's a few more ideas:
Azuchi (DOA3) + Yozakura (DOA2U) - depending on which side you're knocked out of the central pagoda, you'd end up either in the Azuchi courtyard or the Yozakura one.

Love all these ideas, they make sense.
Do you have a picture of Yozakura, I can't find it ? Looks neat.

I also had a farfetched idea.
Okay so Fireworks is on Zack Island, which is supposed to be mysterious, I know.
But it would be cool if The Shrine was connected to it nevertheless. Actually, it is based on the real-world Itsukushima Shrine in Miyajima, which is located near the sea. Maybe just add a shrine in the water, and this would be the perfect stage for one of my favourite DLC costumes (Summer Festival). Plus, Team Ninja love their particles...

fdfdf.jpg

Craziest thing is that, in our real world, there are some palm trees behind that shrine...

Last edited:

zoo

Yeah DOA2U undoubtedly has the best stages.
5's roster and mechanics fused with the beauty/environments of 2 is like my dream DOA

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Crazy how some of these stages did not age AT ALL and look better than some of DOA5/DOA6's stages.

That's what great art tends to do. It stands the test of time. But to be fair, Team Ninja was back then also technically on top of the game and ahead of the time. The modelling quality, texturing and effects they were using back then on Xbox and Xbox360 were second to none on console. I mean, the male characters had musculature defined by polygons instead of faking it with texture mapping, Jann Lee had actual polygonal veins running down his arms, not even now in DOA6 they actually spend polygons on that, it's just a texture tricking you to think it is. Things like deforming snow, sand and water surfaces were hardly seen in console games before. No traces of that in DOA5 or DOA6, lol.

TOBMAST3R

It is true - DOA6 stages are really fun and enjoyable, but "got old" really fast.
We need more variety. The amount of stages should climb up really soon.

Please new stages with weather effects like rain, thunderstorm, snow, fog, rainbow, northern lights.

If Team Ninja is able to create stages with sand and snow, please consider "footprints" you did back in past DOA games. (DOA2U / DOA3 / DOA4)

Last edited:

legibifou

I can't imagine only one second that TN won't give us free stages in DLC.

I mean, it's pretty obvious they know how weak is the stage selection in the game; 12 stages, it's already little, and inside them, they put zero and sweat...
Oh by the way, do you know that the "sweat" stage is not even listed on the official website !? We can see here how unsignificant it is even for the Team... and how much love they have for their stages :-/ I don't think they could ever forget to add a character in their website. Anyway.

I think I lost all faith in the fact that TN can create some new interesting stages. Since DOA5, they seem to have lost and can't understand the core of old stages. As long as they will act like "we have to create an arena, so let's choose a circle or a square and let's put something all around" instead of "Let's choose the most wonderful place we know in the world, recreate it and just put our fighters inside", we can never find again the magic we used to have in old stages in a new one. So I definitely prefer we get old stages back. (IF they don't recreate them the ugly way they did in DOA5LR)
In fact, I think, at this point, that my dream would be to have some kind of remaster of DOA2U with its 22 wonderful stages and the graphics update for characters + the DOA6 gameplay, lol

What I can imagine: 2 free stages in 2019, then a "big" paid update of the game (ultimate ? ) with more stages next year.

P2p1mbs

I think an easy way to get more fanservice stages in the game would be to just make "expansions" for Unforgettable - which is such a cool stage in theory, but I would've taken the Hot Zone and Taylor's Bar out, and replaced them with Aqua Palace (DOA3) and DOATEC Germany (DOA2U) exhibits.

This is the easiest way for them to reintroduce old stages without making full remakes. I noticed that there was no "set" that remade a DOA3 stage but the main hallways did kind of resemble DOATEC HK.

As for full stage remakes I would want to see:
From 3:
Tao
Lost World
Azuchi - bottom stage could be a set for a "Unforgettable 2" stage

From 2 ultimate:
Great Wall
Koku An - I love that snowman :)
Prairie
From 4:
Crash Club - could be a set for a "Unforgettable 2" stage
Kyoto in Bloom
Waterfall Valley

From dimensions:
Danger Zone (the version set outdoors where you can see the Freedom Survivor in the background with fireworks as an alternative stage for Survival mode)
Freedom Survivor
Frozen Peaks - the snowman :D !

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

How simple It would be to make Burai Zenin, literally small stage with no extra layers, just add some rain and thunder zzz, I want it :(

...Again with Burai Zenin :rolleyes:. What is it about that stage that some people even like???

Seriously, as you just pointed out; it is JUST a small, closed stage with a little rain and slippery floor.

There is nothing special about it other than the light rain. There are many other, more interesting stages that can be remade with such a simple gimmick. That's exactly why they wont remake it; its too simplistic to be worth bringing back.

SaihateDYNAMO

...Again with Burai Zenin :rolleyes:. What is it about that stage that some people even like???

Seriously, as you just pointed out; it is JUST a small, closed stage with a little rain and slippery floor.

There is nothing special about it other than the light rain. There are many other, more interesting stages that can be remade with such a simple gimmick. That's exactly why they wont remake it; its too simplistic to be worth bringing back.
The version in 2HC was much bigger. There was a section with a staircase and courtyard at the bottom. Dunno why they got rid of that in Ultimate.

P2p1mbs

The version in 2HC was much bigger. There was a section with a staircase and courtyard at the bottom. Dunno why they got rid of that in Ultimate.

I read about this before but it doesn't change the fact that it is just a basic stage whose ONLY unique feature is a little rain and slippery floor.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD