Battle Royal Summer Jam X Results

Congrats are in order to @XcaliburBladeZ for not only winning Summer Jam X; but also for winning yet another chapter in the 2016 Team NINJA Battle Royal. If you missed SJX live why not stream it right now via Team Sp00ky's Channel? The event starts 3h15m into the video link provided.

Top 8 started exactly how I wanted it: no Kasumi, no Phase 4 -- and no Christie. In the refreshing startup matchup we see @Jaegar and his seasoned Rig take on the mid-boss himself @Rikuto. I think the community needed to see a match-up like this because many don't get to see a Bayman perform to this calibur, and Jaegar is a player that's very good at maximizing his damage against heavy fighters.

This had to have been a very interesting Summer Jam experience for long-time player @Blackburry because not only did an unfortunate reset bury his momentum in a fight he was largely in control of, but before he even got to that he had to get through a very feisty and ready @LordXav1er matching the personality of his character Hitomi to a tee.

Despite seeing the Kasumi and Phase 4 matchup a lot... the community was incredibly impressed with the match between Shade and Kwiggle. They showed the importance of keeping the stage alive with incredible environmental awareness. As Matt Ponton said on commentary, you have to always keep the level in mind just as much as your opponent and chosen character. Despite not going to as many tournaments as usual, Shade impressed me showing no nerves, and good control of his main.

Grand Finals was good, but I've come to expect this Christie and Eliot matchup a lot at offline tournaments. I was hoping to see something new and exciting from Kwiggles and Bladez, but they took the safe route for this tournament and BladeZ won and also avoided a reset from Kwiggle. Though I am not saying the event was a let-down -- there were fantastic matches, a few Attack on Titan stage appearances and also some really good commentary from community manager Matt Ponton, and @Rojikku.

1st: UGS XcaliburBladeZ
2nd: MC Kwiggle
3rd: FSD Rikuto
4th: SYN|RM Blackburry
5th: Jaegar
5th: UGS Black Moon Rising X
6th: HSG Lord Xav1er
6th: Shade Swifteye

Last edited by a moderator:
nice games and congrats, i noticed a lot of people using xbox360/ps4 controllers which surprised me a little

Last edited:
What exactly was wrong with the Christie vs. Eliot match-up? Who do you expect Kwiggle & Xcalibur Bladez to play? They play with whoever they think they'll win with. It is a tournament after all.

What exactly was wrong with the Christie vs. Eliot match-up? Who do you expect Kwiggle & Xcalibur Bladez to play? They play with whoever they think they'll win with. It is a tournament after all.
giphy.gif

If you read the story I believe I said that it's tiresome and boring to me that's why... and it's also my opinion which I am allowed to share from time to time... obviously I'm not an idiot, never downplay these players and realize it's a tournament. It just would have been nice to see something new like Eliot was two years ago instead of this matchup yet again at the same time. Nod that @Project Bokuho

If you read the story I believe I said that it's tiresome and boring to me that's why... and it's also my opinion which I am allowed to share from time to time... obviously I'm not an idiot, never downplay these players and realize it's a tournament. It just would have been nice to see something new like Eliot was two years ago instead of this matchup yet again at the same time. Nod that @Project Bokuho
So basically these players should play someone different every time? Well if anything it did start out as Phase-4 vs. Eliot, two "low-tier" characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD