Supposedly LR is rebalancing the AI

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
A section taken from Game informer for "4 reasons to get DOA5 LR" or something like that mentioned that the AI was being rebalanced to act more realistic. as to how realistic remains to be seen.

Balanced A.I.

For Last Round, Team Ninja rebalanced the A.I. to react to the player in more realistic ways. This also allows for new players to have an easier time as they get their bearings, while more experienced players can expect more of a challenge coming from the A.I. fighters.

The A.I. now reacts to players more like an human opponent would – acting more adaptive to player behavior in a fight and giving new life to the single-player modes. It remains to be seen just how deep this re-balancing goes, but from my time with Last Round, the A.I. was reactive and smart.

also a clear definition of what the soft engine is meant to do was given for those that were confused.

“Softer” Graphics

A large part of the Dead or Alive trademark is in how the character models look. From the bulky male characters to the unrealistically-proportioned female fighters, fans of the series have come to experience a certain style from the cast of fighters.

With Last Round, characters have received facelifts through Koei Tecmo’s Soft Engine, which was designed with the intention of adding a new layer of realism to character appearances. The Soft Engine is designed with the notion of adding warmth and softness to a character’s body. This is most noticeable during the up-close sequences before and after fights, where the skin of the onscreen character is at the forefront. Given the series’ pedigree, it makes sense that Team Ninja wanted to showcase this new engine in the Dead or Alive series.

This is neither revolutionary nor that important but dammit it's the only info we've gotten about this game in months outside of costumes :/

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Im happy about the new AI. Legend difficulty was getting too easy, but now I'll have more of a challenge

JKT

Happy to hear TN is paying attention to the actual gameplay as well as cosmetic enhancements ^^! Definitely a plus for those of us that like a challenge against the AI, like myself ^^.

Yurlungur

I'm just happy tina isn't going to be a stupid cunt anymore, fucking randomly 2ping her in stun and getting held

Intelligent Alpha

I don't know what to say. First the AI was too hard. Ask for leniency. Get leniency, shit's too easy! The AI acts like a human? Really? Just play humans, fcol! Yet, ironically, most (humans) wanna play like Legend AI pre-patch .01.

Besides, we already have adaptive AI in training. Do the same garbage enough times and see it they don't react accordingly!

Which is better? PvP or PvE? (That's the AI in all games) The day they make PvE so it's like PvP ... get real! Most keep saying play actual people to get better and in a recent post I read, it's of humble opinion that playing the AI is a mistake because once a human gets behind the AI opponent you face (and how AI simulation is done out the ass after you face the human opponent

Just how are they going to pull this off - which I doubt is possible, but the fact that people asked for the AI to be dumbed down to begin with is not surprisingly at all.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Only certain characters with Level 8 AI give me a hard time, but I can easily face them now because each character AI has certain ticks. For example, Kasumi seems to always throw out holds, Tina can hold everything, etc. I think it'll be interesting to test out the new AI for Last Round, since that's what I mostly play against anyway.

KwonJigglypuff

From what I've watch, it seems that the 2 main issues I had with the A.I are still here :
- Tina still randomly crounching (and guarding) for no reason during a match for 3 seconds
- Helena still using 1KK as a combo ender after any launcher when it never connects

Intelligent Alpha

From what I've watch, it seems that the 2 main issues I had with the A.I are still here :
- Tina still randomly crounching (and guarding) for no reason during a match for 3 seconds
- Helena still using 1KK as a combo ender after any launcher when it never connects

Ein has an issue where he'll "spaz" low holds. I don't know if this is just against Alpha - though I haven't noticed it with Helena (my team in survival tag matches). I won't say it's a glitch, but it does happen quite often.

ErickBello

Actually now, the AI doesn't always go for the CB at critical stun lvl. 3. Mix up a lot more and the characters doesn't do random stuff like Tina crouching for random seconds. The downside is that YOU need to mix up a lot because, the AI reacts better to your attacks.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Actually now, the AI doesn't always go for the CB at critical stun lvl. 3. Mix up a lot more and the characters doesn't do random stuff like Tina crouching for random seconds. The downside is that YOU need to mix up a lot because, the AI reacts better to your attacks.
That's what I want. So you can say that fighting with the AI is more person-like?

Saber

It's definitely a lot more "human-like". I really enjoy fighting against AI Hayabusa. Plenty of whiff punishment, advanced holding WUKs, even throw punishment in some cases.It also starts out the match with 334K a lot (oh the things they get from Manny, but no Manny special here).

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The Level 8 AI is actually enjoyable and kind of challenging to fight against this time around. Some characters still have their ticks, such as Ein and Hayate throwing out holds every 3 seconds. Lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD