News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Kronin

To be fair though, the DOA4 one was more fitting of Ein than Eliot. Ein is TOTALLY the type of guy to wear chainmail over a tanktop.

I've to agree, that outfit it's always appeared to me like a sort of civilian ninja outfit: the chainmail is just able to give to me that idea (even because already appearing on some shinobi outfits of the series, as Ryu's C1 from DoA3, or Ayane's NG1 outfit), so I thought that wasn't a coincidence that Ein was wearing casual ordinary outfits (tanktop and jeans) in addition to a chainmail or a "rosary" that instead seemed to recall his original past as ninja.

I was really amazed when I discovered that originally that idea was for Eliot, but I've to say that make really sense to have given it to Ein rather than to the British boy (even if I thought that would have been easily Eliot' most loved outfit).

Rawbietussin

Ein's (or should I say "originally" Eliot's lol) DOA4 chainmail costume really reminded me a lot of Batsu Ichimonji (specifically his Burning Batsu form) from Rival Schools/Project Justice except he wears it as an undershirt to his school uniform.

171073-150745-batsu.jpg

I swear I really can't play this game without getting a boner from all of these hot-blooded schoolboys.

Brute

Standard Donor
Was it really chainmail? Looked like rope to me.

Like Ein got caught in a fishnet. Like a hooker.

Addictrian

Ein's (or should I say "originally" Eliot's lol) DOA4 chainmail costume really reminded me a lot of Batsu Ichimonji (specifically his Burning Batsu form) from Rival Schools/Project Justice except he wears it as an undershirt to his school uniform.

171073-150745-batsu.jpg

I swear I really can't play this game without getting a boner from all of these hot-blooded schoolboys.
Really Sexy :)

nothingtosee

Surprisingly people on Twitter like this Kasumi costume more than the Kimono one, I would even tell a lot more... interesting.
View attachment 5598
I guess thats because some of the votes were gathered thanks to publicity and friends/family (nothing against that considering its a popularity contest). I wish that costume could become a real one since its pretty original and casual and doesnt use a color scheme we're pretty tired to see on kasumi.

TOBMAST3R

If this is the list of definitive DLCs, that would be so satisfying (minus Blue Hair Mila and Red Rose Marie-Rose).

Well, that would be so great. Like you said - it´s "satisfying". I mean - WE did choose the outfits, we created them. How crazy would it be, to play with our created outfits?? Isn´t it a WIN-WIN-Situation for the Fans and Team Ninja??

I do really hope, that every costume (the winners + the recently featured ones on Twitter) are becoming DLC!! =)

It´s just wishful thinking, but who knows.

Blash

The thing you have to remember as well, is that by submitting your entry you are waving any right to direct ownership of the concept. Its stated in the rules small print, as it is in all/most competitions of this kind.

Team Ninja essentially "own" all submitted designs, and are free to do with them as they wish. They could end up using all the ideas over the coming years. We could see Bananakira in Super Dead or Alive 18-Alpha-Max-EX+

(Thats what they will call it if Capcom ever get hold of the rights to the game)
:D

Rawbietussin

The Top 10 does not necessarily mean a guarantee for game inclusion though (unless your entry was the blue kimono + dental floss Kasumi which happens to be both Hayashi's personal favorite and one of the Top 10 overall entries).

Everyone's entry pretty much got all the same chances. I thought all of my 4 entries were a lost case but all of the sudden, one of them somehow sparked interest on TN's Chief Designer for it to be picked as their personal favorite regardless of its mere 13 votes.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Everyone's entry pretty much got all the same chances. I thought all of my 4 entries were a lost case but all of the sudden, one of them somehow sparked interest on TN's Chief Designer for it to be picked as their personal favorite regardless of its mere 13 votes.
I remember hearing about Christie being his favorite character around the time of her debut trailer, your design is really good, and suits her very well, it definitely deserved the recognition and I would love to see it in the game ^o^

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD