Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

Argentus

Also, please a twig or toothpick in her mouth's corner. XD
Doubt tn would put that on her model but I can try lol.

I don't know katakana or any Japanese so I may just put a dragon...no a bee tattoo on her abs somewhere.

I'm thinking bit up I'll try some sketches of that later today. Idea sketches for rowdy mila lol

Argentus

Here is my idea :):

Crext_A3_Presentation_DOATEC_Cyber_Christi.jpg
Broken link

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well, guess I failed then. Oh well, was fun making it anyways.

I actually thought they meant naked literally, lol.

Works fine here though.

Just paint over her head too. ;) No one will know, there's a CG model underneath it all.

Crext

Standard Donor
Just paint over her head too. ;) No one will know, there's a CG model underneath it all.

Well, I already turned it in, so I suspect the ship has sailed.
Maybe I'll try cheap shot them, not like her face is hard to draw.

However, it makes me curious. Why do they put such a restriction on it? I mean it has to be easier both for them and us to be able to use parts of their models when submitting ideas, cause well, that is what they are. They own the old models, and they'll own what we supply, it is just strange.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
What? Crext didn't use a "nude model" it looks like he painted over her official render art :confused:

CommanderWiggles

Hmm... I look back at mine, and the skirt is really bothering me.
It looks scale-y.

Do agree- I should have just made an icicle tutu?
I think that would have been better than a tattered cloth.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What? Crext didn't use a "nude model" it looks like he painted over her official render art :confused:

The official render art is a CG model. And I'm pretty sure, with "naked CG model", they meant a CG model as the base, which is then dressed by the designer.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well, I already turned it in, so I suspect the ship has sailed.
Maybe I'll try cheap shot them, not like her face is hard to draw.

However, it makes me curious. Why do they put such a restriction on it? I mean it has to be easier both for them and us to be able to use parts of their models when submitting ideas, cause well, that is what they are. They own the old models, and they'll own what we supply, it is just strange.

Maybe they want the people to put a little more effort in the designs? In the last contest they were against the use of CG models too, I remember, though it wasn't stated in the rules. This time they made sure to put this restriction in the rules. So it's definitely something they care for.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
The official render art is a CG model. And I'm pretty sure, with "naked CG model", they meant a CG model as the base, which is then dressed by the designer.
I don't think that's what they meant. the only way to get the character models nude is to import them into XNA Lara or something. painting over a screenshot or official stuff shouldn't be an issue. That's how I interpreted it at least.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I don't think that's what they meant. the only way to get the character models nude is to import them into XNA Lara or something. painting over a screenshot or official stuff shouldn't be an issue. That's how I interpreted it at least.
Here the whole context of the rule:

There are no restrictions on what tools can be used for the designs, and can be hand drawn, 3D renders,
  2D digital images, etc. However, designs must be original works and not copies of existing designs.
  Please don’t use naked CG models to design your costume.
I interprete this as everything is allowed (3D/CG models too) but don't dress the existing DOA CG models or models that aren't your's.
Makes the most sense to me... Because, if CG is allowed, why isn't it allowed to use naked CG models as the base? XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD