Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Do we know what it's gonna look like/how it will function? DOA4 online was one of the best online experiences I've ever had.
It's supposed to I think allow multiple matches happen at once or something which probably explains why it took so long but idk how smooth that would run. The least im expecting is how it looked when PC players could cause a bug for their lobbies before TN patched it.

If we can do multiple matches in a single lobby so everyone can fight that would be neat tho so it's not just two people fighting and everyone else just watching and spectating

Onryoki

Standard Donor
multi match means multi match. By multi they mean that if you have a lobby of 4 people, all 4 people are able to fight so nobody has to wait. If tag mode was added they would’ve said tag. Tag is definitely returning but for now they future update for lobbies is text chat and being able to have multiple matches at the same time.

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor

added new lobby features

multi match play? tag mode?

or 2 different match in the same lobby at the same time?
I don't think it'll be a tag mode but from what people said in the Twitter comments it seems like a feature that allows multiple matches in one lobby like KOFXIV and Dragon ball has which is cool imo. And I think it's kinda lame we won't have text chat day one but eh it'll be patched in soon enough anyway, I'm just happy for lobbies now at least xD

Akumasama

multi match means multi match. By multi they mean that if you have a lobby of 4 people, all 4 people are able to fight so nobody has to wait. If tag mode was added they would’ve said tag. Tag is definitely returning but for now they future update for lobbies is text chat and being able to have multiple matches at the same time.
I think they're gonna have to add special Arenas (well, it was the case even in the past) and/or apply some reductions to the models.

Previous DoA games since DoA2 had this streamline technology that allowed to load multiple models in the memory (only in certain stages that took less of that memory) to allow for Tag Team.
That technology was also used in Team Battle and, partially, in Survival Mode.
You can already see how Survival mode atm is pretty sloppy, which means they clarly decided to use a completely different technology/approach to allow (I assume?) for better, more detailed, more powerful models/effects in the non-tag modes.

Supposing my theory is correct, adding Tag Mode the way we know it, and as seamless as it has always been is certainly a possible feature (what is NOT possible these days, after all?) but it wouldn't be an easy task.
I wouldn't expect it anytime soon honestly.

As for the other features mentioned the multi-fight is exactely what you said.
The Text Chat is what it hints, the ability to type things into lobbies (atm there is no text chat in lobbies, which is preposterous, just voice chat)
These features are not yet available and will be released in the future.
(makes you wonder why they delayed the Lobbies so much though, especially considered through a glitch they were already "available" on PC, showing they didn't really need that much work after all, did they?)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
How would they implement tag when it does come back now that the button used for tag is now being used for :s:? I'm sure they will find a way though (maybe map it to a trigger or thumbstick click?).
236S/214S could be used for tag.

GarryJaune

QQ截图20190410162109.png

froms KT China,seems like they gonna release a unfinished lobby mode(no text chat&no mutiple match,which is like KOF14 lobby,players can play seperately),but whatever,better than nothing tho

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD