Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I found a stream of someone watching a stream with english live translating, but the guy watching keeps talking over it because he only seems to care about announcements. I want to hear their convo!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I like how Harada put up a picture of Hayashi lel.

They are both good friends, they both met on the last round table. Mochi-A is the savior btw. Support Mochi.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Found the one with english live translating, it's a twitch stream from bandainamco -

As soon I started listening they were talking about.... Hayashi? o_O lol

I hope i can watch this all again with more accurate subtitles

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
iagagki.JPG

human013

KT looked so out of place there it was a bit hard to watch. It was like a pity invitation for them. And lol at how surprised people were when DOA was said to be still growing. What Shimbori said about creating characters is spot on though so that's a plus in my book.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I'm just glad KT was there for the banter with everyone else (Harada), lol. It was fun to watch. I wish I understood everything though as I want to know what everyone said in regards to the questions. KT just ended DOA6's updates, of course they would have nothing new to show. If anything, just the fact they paricipated in this is at least hopeful they aren't killing the franchise altogether (I mean the fighting game side of it, no way they're gonna kill the Xtreme golden goose). I was hoping Harada would ask Shimbori directly about what's going on with DOA6 ending it's updates... or maybe he did and I just didn't know.

I actually saw someone watching the stream who doesn't play DOA say he wants to support DOA now, so.. exposure, I guess that's something.. lol (you can argue whither DOA6 should even get more exposure at this point, but oh well).

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm just glad KT was there for the banter with everyone else (Harada), lol. It was fun to watch. I wish I understood everything though as I want to know what everyone said in regards to the questions. KT just ended DOA6's updates, of course they would have nothing new to show. If anything, just the fact they paricipated in this is at least hopeful they aren't killing the franchise altogether (I mean the fighting game side of it, no way they're gonna kill the Xtreme golden goose). I was hoping Harada would ask Shimbori directly about what's going on with DOA6 ending it's updates... or maybe he did and I just didn't know.

I actually saw someone watching the stream who doesn't play DOA say he wants to support DOA now, so.. exposure, I guess that's something.. lol (you can argue whither DOA6 should even get more exposure at this point, but oh well).

I mean on the fair side, the gathering table main purpose was to gather developers from all sorts of fighting games to discuss topics on how to keep the fighting game genre relevant. Announcements was merely treats on top of it or as a thank you for watching it, but people seem to expect announcements 100% on it (which I can't blame anyone for it, especially for DOA), though it's mostly a second priority on gatherings like that. The last time they did something like this was a similar situation but I agree yeah.

No surprise from TN with zero announcements, though I have to cut TN some very minor slack on that one considering they accepted the invitation to gather and talk about the games. Meetups like that need to happen more often hopefully. If fighting game developers from all companies support each other more, everyone wins.

Last edited:

inochinagi

Standard Donor
@DestructionBomb That's why I actually expressed some disappointment when Namco Bandai confirmed they'd be using the opportunity to announce new things. I mean, great I love new announcements too, but I was hoping they would keep this focused on the Q&A and leave announcements for another moment... maybe then this could have been 2 hours rather than dedicating 1h to announcements, which made it seem like everyone else scrambled to put something together to show too, like "oh damn, NamDai is coming with announcements? Quick, uh, put up a sale, that'll be our announcement... and announce that we have announcements coming!". I guess not having Evo for announcements also didn't help, as people saw this as the place where announcements would be made in place of Evo (which turned out basically to be the case for NamDai and ArcSys).

But I can see what you mean about having announcements as an incentive to watch... but then those people would probably ignore the other talk and just check in at the end anyways.

Last edited:

marussya

It will be safe to wait until the end of the year. Then they will be free from Nioh, and there will be no excuses. I don't remember they are doing something except Nioh support

Jadeinchains

I mean on the fair side, the gathering table main purpose was to gather developers from all sorts of fighting games to discuss topics on how to keep the fighting game genre relevant. Announcements was merely treats on top of it or as a thank you for watching it, but people seem to expect announcements 100% on it (which I can't blame anyone for it, especially for DOA). The last time they did something like this was a similar situation but I agree yeah.

No surprise from TN with zero announcements, though I have to cut TN some very minor slack on that one considering they accepted the invitation to gather and talk about the games. Meetups like that need to happen more often hopefully. If fighting game developers from all companies support each other more, everyone wins.

Yeah, Overall it is good TN was there at the table to rep doa even without an announcement, And same I didn't think Tn would have one And so wasn't very shocked or so disappointed when they didn't, There was that part of me that thought "I wonder maybe if they do?" but I didn't get my hopes up for that really since it just didn't seem super likely and potentially end up disappointed.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I wonder what Itagaki thinks of Harada's "shoutout" lol

...and I wonder if anyone still thinks Harada and Itagaki or anyone from Team Ninja are sworn enemies after this. If that wasn't over already, it should be now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD