Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

inochinagi

Standard Donor
There doesn't seem to be anything DOA related other than Wanted Dead by previous TN staff, though only saying it as "take it with a grain of salt" (unless you meant DOAVV which makes sense). Otherwise if there is DOA FG related, you'd see TN present members there. I see Yu Suzuki also mentioned there at the bottom which is interesting.

I like surprises so maybe there may/may not be, but i'm definitely not going to the KT stream just to find out lol, I'll be on Square and Namco's stream. But hey, least it's not Itagaki.

Saw this translation attempt on Twitter:

243755342_3790443391058857_3764367909794591304_n.jpg

No itagaki, but they mention Igarashi (Castlevania and Bloodstained director) ohh, that's interesting...

marussya

I think we should wait for the FF origin bussiness to settle next year for any glimmer of hope
In interview that was released in June they said that their next titles will be completely new. I don't know what does it mean exactly, because Dead or Alive 7 is completely new title too

DyByHands

Going back to “team who made doa and ng” or whatever, there was a weird smash bros type game on the wii with TMNT and when that came out if was said to be from some doa team but wasnt team ninja or itagakis new group. I think they say that even if its like one dude who worked on doa lol

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Going back to “team who made doa and ng” or whatever, there was a weird smash bros type game on the wii with TMNT and when that came out if was said to be from some doa team but wasnt team ninja or itagakis new group. I think they say that even if its like one dude who worked on doa lol

That was TMNT: Smash Up. I don't think at that time it was a team, I think they just joined up with Game Arts to work on it. But maybe those are the same people who went on to start Soleil.

This is the team that isn't Team Ninja but are former TN devs who left and made their own studio:

As you'd expect from ppl who worked on some of the best games ever with TN, Soleil's work as been good too.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I did not think I was ever going to see Yu Suzuki tell us that it's funny when someone farts if they're trying to be serious. Anyways, I'm guessing he's working on 110's racing game but so far there's no direct indication of that.

But ok, so, wow:

Yoshifuru Okamoto, the producer (I think?) of Ninja Gaiden 2, is the producer for Wanted: Dead
Hiroaki Matsui, the director of Dead or Alive 3, is the director for Wanted: Dead

It looks like this publisher had the money to go to Soleil, knowing they were made up of former Team Ninja devs with proven talent, and gave them the money they needed to make the game they wanted to. Matsui even said in the developers video that he wants this game to really get the story right this time. The actress of the MC actually described the script as being really big.

Seems really early right now though, I need to see more, but I like the concept (even though I'm a little sad it didn't turn out to be Ninjas vs Cowboys like I speculated, lol). The scifi Hong Kong setting with a female protagonist is reminding me a lot of Ghost in the Shell, which is always a wonderful thing in my book.

Also, I don't know whither to laugh or be impressed at how in the trailer they prominently mentioned being the creators of Dead or Alive Xtreme next to NG and DoA, lol.

(btw, I think this no longer qualifies as being a discussion for Team Ninja DOA6 social media news, if it ever did, right..? lol)

Female ryu hayabusa lol, doesn't look AAA though

I'm not really seeing her as a female hayabusa at all so far. They're intending this to be a shooter/slasher. Even though she can use a sword I don't see her being as acrobatic with it as all, especially lugging around a gun at the same time. She's a lot slower compared to him.

I guess her name is Hannah? That's what it sounded like from the actress. Which is another thing... I'm not a fan of real actors being used as models for game characters. I know it was inevitable to become a normal thing in video games eventually, I'm not saying game developers shouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. At least this is a new character and not an established character being remade in someone else's image, though.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'll be that person but, Wanted: Dead looks awful lol.

Though going to give the benefit of the doubt that it's some sort of Alpha build as an example of what the game initially looked in development. I'm more interested in the news of Castlevania returning I keep hearing about.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD