Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Xhominid The Demon Within

There is honestly too many good choices, which is ultimately bound to upset people if it isn't the one they want to see.

But I honestly believe we are getting one more guest character as there seems to be 3 slots open rather than just two...
I wonder who the 3rd character will be.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There is honestly too many good choices, which is ultimately bound to upset people if it isn't the one they want to see.

But I honestly believe we are getting one more guest character as there seems to be 3 slots open rather than just two...
I hope it's not a guest tbh(Besides Naotora but I doubt she'll return xD), I'm ok with 2 but the third character should be either someone new or an older character people want, and let them be a male since a full 3 girl season pass would be overkill imo, we need at least one male

Onryoki

Standard Donor

It’s probably gonna be Momiji.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
That's not what they said at all… they said no guests on release (which is true), but that they are open for collaborations.
I was about to say that, people seem to misinterpret the sentence “DOA6 won’t have guests at release”.

Reactions: YEH

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I was about to say that, people seem to misinterpret the sentence “DOA6 won’t have guests at release”.

For me it's because he was stupid enough to say that Momiji and Rachel were Ninja Gaiden characters... which made them guests and why they wouldn't be in. Oh but here comes Mai... a character that should NOT replace Leon, Ein or Genfu either. And the image they used to show her in the banner... god Team NINJA sucks sometimes.

This stupid shit didn't happen with Itagaki interviews. I am fairly confident in one interview he said no guests and in another he said no guests on release. I will look and try to prove myself right again....

Onryoki

Standard Donor
For me it's because he was stupid enough to say that Momiji and Rachel were Ninja Gaiden characters... which made them guests and why they wouldn't be in. Oh but here comes Mai... a character that should NOT replace Leon, Ein or Genfu either. And the image they used to show her in the banner... god Team NINJA sucks sometimes.

This stupid shit didn't happen with Itagaki interviews.
Well... aren’t Momiji and Rachel NG characters then? Momiji and Rachel are also DOA characters but they just don’t play a role in the story, therefore they’re not added to the base roster. He also said Leon’s is considered as a guest so that’s why he’s not in as well. As for Ein and Gen fu, it makes sense they’re not in, Gen fu had no purpose and Ein doesn’t exist canonically anymore. Mai is back because of a contract with SNK and because she’s very popular. Mai doesn’t replace those characters, Mai isn’t a replacement for anyone. She’s a guest appearance for the second time SNK clearly liked her enough in DOA to offer to bring her back. I don’t get why people are suddenly so fussy about Mai returning, it’s not SNK’s or TN’s fault for y’alls decision to main guest characters. Mai returning was planned months ago. I think TN should focus on a NG4 where Momiji and Rachel are playable and Sega should focus on a VF so their characters don’t need other games to keep the series relevant.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well... aren’t Momiji and Rachel NG characters then? Momiji and Rachel are also DOA characters but they just don’t play a role in the story, therefore they’re not added to the base roster. He also said Leon’s is considered as a guest so that’s why he’s not in as well. As for Ein and Gen fu, it makes sense they’re not in, Gen fu had no purpose and Ein doesn’t exist canonically anymore. Mai is back because of a contract with SNK and because she’s very popular. Mai doesn’t replace those characters, Mai isn’t a replacement for anyone. She’s a guest appearance for the second time SNK clearly liked her enough in DOA to offer to bring her back. I don’t get why people are suddenly so fussy about Mai returning, it’s not SNK’s or TN’s fault for y’alls decision to main guest characters. Mai returning was planned months ago. I think TN should focus on a NG4 where Momiji and Rachel are playable and Sega should focus on a VF so their characters don’t need other games to keep the series relevant.

They were playable in DOA5 like you said...

I know it was planned months ago, it's why it seems strange. People began the Rachel/Momiji bandwagon before the game was announced. Proof that Shimbori hears what he wants to hear, responds to what people want like a clueless asshole, and then half-ass cherry picks as his main method of interview delivery and expects it to work.

Team NINJA... over here. I would do a better job at interviews than Hayashi... have him doing what he's supposed to be doing; behind the computer working on the game and then maybe it will not be delayed. I'm done blaming KT for all of Team NINJA's faults... at some point they should stand up for themselves and not let the big boys push them around.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They were playable in DOA5 like you said...

I know it was planned months ago, it's why it seems strange. People began the Rachel/Momiji bandwagon before the game was announced. Proof that Shimbori hears what he wants to hear, responds to what people want like a clueless asshole, and then half-ass cherry picks as his main method of interview delivery and expects it to work.

Team NINJA... over here. I would do a better job at interviews than Hayashi... have him doing what he's supposed to be doing; behind the computer working on the game and then maybe it will not be delayed. I'm done blaming KT for all of Team NINJA's faults... at some point they should stand up for themselves and not let the big boys push them around.
Mai is more popular than Momiji and Rachel combined.Gameplay wise (even though I love Momiji to death) Mai was better than Momiji, Momiji and Rachel were good but also felt incredibly unfinished compared to Mai. I understand it’s not fun for you losing your characters but we already know for months that they wouldn’t be in the base roster, no need to stay salty about it. Accept it and move on like I did, in the end they’re all fictional characters. Also, everyone that requested for Momiji and Rachel have overall been very rude and annoying these past few months. If I was Shimbori I wouldn’t have added them as well if I see how annoying the Momiji and Rachel stans are. Shimbori should’ve done a Harada by wearing a “ don’t ask me for shit T-shirt”.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
He also said Leon’s is considered as a guest.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? - He most definitely did not say that. You sure you are not mistaking Leon from Resident Evil?

I mean, I know Leon is a badass with his strength that transcends time and space, other games should be glad to include him in whatever fighter / action game they had planned, but i'm pretty sure Leon wasn't a guest. That man was introduced in DOA2 and had his own story. Not sure but some of your posts just oozes stuff made up with a bit of bias here and there, no offense of course.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? - He most definitely did not say that. You sure you are not mistaking Leon from Resident Evil?

I mean, I know Leon is a badass with his strength that transcends time and space, other games should be glad to include him in whatever fighter / action game they had planned, but Leon wasn't a guest. That man was introduced in DOA2 and had his own story. Not sure but some of your posts just oozes stuff made up with intense favoritism, no offense.
He actually did say that:
“As for Leon, his fight is over, so when he appears, it’s more as a guest than anything else. Personally, I would’ve liked Leon as a character, but, dot dot dot…”
It’s from this interview: http://kayane.fr/2019/01/16/interview-with-yohei-shimbori-producer-on-dead-or-alive-6/

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
He actually did say that:
“As for Leon, his fight is over, so when he appears, it’s more as a guest than anything else. Personally, I would’ve liked Leon as a character, but, dot dot dot…”
It’s from this interview: http://kayane.fr/2019/01/16/interview-with-yohei-shimbori-producer-on-dead-or-alive-6/

For correction, he never called him a guest. He'll make guest "appearances" (which is actually interesting) but he was never labeled as a true guest, he was never even from another game. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson makes guest appearances in wrestling but yet The Rock made himself a story there. Not the same here. This is another one of Shimbori's terrible moments.

Regardless, some of the bits you made form the post is heavily scaled on the fun bias factor. Mai only got in because TN "still" had their contract up and played the obvious favoritism of the tits and thighs that they seem to develop a boner every time they see her. Should of just picked another guest with tits and thighs so not sure why they thought this was a solid move. I guess it's "cheaper costs to reuse the same guest character" so maybe that's why (?) who knows.

Again, my Mai issue is because she didn't get replaced for another SNK female character (which they should of. Equality entry, equality boot). It would of been "2" new guests instead of one but it is what it is. Never hated Mai (which you so believed), but more or less disappointed considering most of you don't even play that character and even some of the competitive players are tired of her in Japan. It's like "woa, let's add a character who's not even #1 in the poll of SNK's top popular characters but #1 on TN's list of high end boner". But hey, she's in the game so it is what it is.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Honestly, I'm wondering why people here don't really understand why is Mai even back here again in DOA6...
Don't misunderstand, I get when people don't want her back because they feel it's a disservice to the other past DLC characters(@DestructionBomb), But I also feel some didn't really understand the very reason and the point.

Mai Shiranui is back because of 2 very important reasons(Get heads out of the gutter):
1) SNK's contract with Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo did not expire unlike how it did with Virtua Fighter(which is potentially the reason they didn't return or have new VF characters taking over instead.
2) Mai was either popular enough for SNK to allow her back and/or she must have also been successful enough for SNK to add in ANOTHER character on top of that.

This was obviously a business decision that TN/KT and SNK both reached a consensus on and I wouldn't be surprised if SNK felt that making Mai a guest on DOA was the right decision for them enough that they wanted her back in and added another character on top of it(they could have very well refused to continue it and let the collab die).
In terms of pure business, this must have been a massive success for them to even do this, thus why Mai is the very rare guest from a different franchise altogether to make an immediate return to the next game.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Mai is more popular than Momiji and Rachel combined.Gameplay wise (even though I love Momiji to death) Mai was better than Momiji, Momiji and Rachel were good but also felt incredibly unfinished compared to Mai. I understand it’s not fun for you losing your characters but we already know for months that they wouldn’t be in the base roster, no need to stay salty about it. Accept it and move on like I did, in the end they’re all fictional characters. Also, everyone that requested for Momiji and Rachel have overall been very rude and annoying these past few months. If I was Shimbori I wouldn’t have added them as well if I see how annoying the Momiji and Rachel stans are. Shimbori should’ve done a Harada by wearing a “ don’t ask me for shit T-shirt”.

Nah... Rachel felt waaaay more complete than Mai. Rachel was actually used and won tournaments.

I don't think people have been rude requesting the characters. I think people have been rude to people that have requested the characters though. I think persistent would be a better word to define such people.

People have gotten rude at the result of individuals like you claiming they are crazy. You know how Republicans call democrats (voters for christ sake) terrorists on the basis of... nothing?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Oh good. Now we're not even hiding the politics. This thread lmfao

Congratulations on taking a comparison out of context and going completely off-topic with it in the process. Don't read into it so much that you do it, because at the end of the day posts like these IMO are what get some threads closed.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Congratulations on taking a comparison out of context and going completely off-topic with it in the process. Don't read into it so much that you do it, because at the end of the day posts like these IMO are what get some threads closed.
Probably. Just trying to put a stop to an extremely tired and worn out conversation that's been had countless times before now. This dog has been dead y'all I'm just saying it's time to move on lmao. Rachel and Momiji are going to wind up DLC if they make it back at all, and there isn't anything anyone can do or say to change that fact whether it makes people angry or not.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Nah... Rachel felt waaaay more complete than Mai. Rachel was actually used and won tournaments.

Mai has won tournaments as well (two in Japan in fact). Though winning tournaments isn't a guaranteed placement of character returns, but to leave a mark on history for a character on it's viability and seeing if the character was worth the money to play as. Mai has already made her contribution and yet people are severely optimistic or just shallow tolerate it on her return because it's what keeps their pipes activated. TN made a smart move in a business standpoint, but yet that also could of been applied for picking another female guest who's "new" and not reused with similar popularity scale.

It's like "Screw logic. Mai is in DB because i'm severely so assumed by Mai that every time I'm around her i feel so pure! DB why can't you understand that?" because finding comprehension within it is like finding magic unicorns.

Regardless, I've checked some of these posts and I already got my own hints on Mai's return as well as the users that are apparently excited for her return so eh, it's cool.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD