Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

P2p1mbs

I was already expecting they would still charge for the colour change so I am not too surprised or upset just yet. I'll save that for when they show just how much it will cost per hairstyle.

I'm sure they will still find a way to make the feature worse and act like they're doing us a huge favor.

I do wonder how people would have reacted if this was how the colour change was from the start.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I’m tired at this point to fight for this sinking ship called DOA6. I mean the complaints about KT/TN being lazy dates all the way back to 5U/LR. They’re clearly not changing, so why are we trying to fight a fight that’s already has been decided? All we can do is hope that the people who go over DOA6 get a reality check from higher above and get replaced with people that actually do care about the game.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

All we can do is hope that the people who go over DOA6 get touched by the Holy Spirit, realize their greed and go on a spiritual retreat in the desert so that new creative competent people that actually do care about the game arrive, add Leon and save the franchise.

Fixed. :')

@P2p1mbs good question : I would still be pissed and feel disgusted because we've been asking for a color pallet since forever and that would still be an insulting joke...

Speaking of the bath DLC in DOA5, remember how terrible Helena's was (that glitchy sexy sanitary pad...) ?

ddd.jpg

Last edited:
When is the enabling going to stop? In DOA 5 when there were copy and paste costumes, there were excuses for that. When the female characters were getting the only costumes, there were excuses for that. When people joked about having towels and pajamas for DLC, there was also a group of people arguing that would never happen...then it did, then all of a sudden it was ok because, "the towels looked high quality OMG!!!". And now because of all of this enabling for 9+ years, we're at this point where buying different hair colors is considered ok. Not only that, but the game as a whole wasn't even polished on release, and there were STILL excuses. Like, I just don't get it, what is it going to take to figure out KT is playing us like suckers and don't have ANY respect for the DOA fanbase? Can people not restrain themselves and not buy overpriced stuff for JUST a couple of months?
You’re right.

Maybe things would be a little different if people weren’t mindlessly spending away at overpriced and pointless DLC. The problem is that there will always be some moron wasting their money on stuff like this, when they could just play a different game and wait to see how the producers respond. It’s apparent these whales have no self-control.

KwonJigglypuff

We don't have to insult or threaten them, but I trully believe putting Tecmo Koei's reputation to shame is the best strategy to wake them up.
Please let's do it all together ? :oops:

Honestly... I ALSO feel ashamed for buying some of this content back then. :(
I was blind by my nostalgia for the franchise, by my love for my main and by the genuine motivation to support Team Ninja.
Now I'm sick and feel betrayed. Things need to change (either rise from the dead or die forever).

We don't have to insult or threaten them, but I trully believe putting Tecmo Koei's reputation to shame is the best strategy to wake them up.
Please let's do it all together ? :oops:

Honestly... I ALSO feel ashamed for buying some of this content back then. :(
I was blind by my nostalgia for the franchise, by my love for my main and by the genuine motivation to support Team Ninja.
Now I'm sick and feel betrayed. Things need to change (either rise from the dead or die forever).
This is why I don't post much since I come out harsher than I mean to. I'm better explaining my points in person. I'm not blaming you or anyone specifically for what's happening right now, it's more frustration on seeing the build up of it happening. Posters smarter/nicer than me have been saying how cutting corners wouldn't be beneficial to the series for years, and there was always a debate on whether those complaints were legitimate or not. It just sucks that no matter what happens, it just seems like nothing is going to change.

KwonJigglypuff

Did they really just have Helena's entire ass and coochie just hang out like that...

Yes.

Yet, nobody complained back then. So they never fixed it. Everytime she goes into teishitsu or "low" technics (236P+K, 214P+K, BT_4PK...)
Also, since these kind of DLC were never used competitively anyway, nobody could really see the atrocity of it.

RetroMe91

I hated the towel dlc. Dumbest set ever... I really hope something changes as far as DOA is concerned because it’s not looking good.

RayBellion

Are there any sales numbers available about how many of each of the season passes were sold or how much money each of the new chars and costume sets made? It would be extremely interesting for me to verify the assumption that is repeated over and over again that the customers are at fault for the situation. Would be great to see the development and how KT reacted to the sales numbers.

The problem is that there will always be some moron wasting their money on stuff like this, when they could just play a different game and wait to see how the producers respond. It’s apparent these whales have no self-control.

What a helpful comment. Damn the whales, those morons. That was easy. But come one, are they real or just an easy bogey man? For example, each time I see a soccer guy like Lionel Messi earning 60 mio dollars each year or more I hate that we all (and me included) must pay for his salary because we buy products that have sunken advertising money in that sport or watching a TV channel that paid for the broadcasting rights. Sports salaries suck big time, but I don't see a way back to the good ol'days. It's the rotten system that allows the organizers to milk the people.

Looking at FGs again, they now all have season passes, costumes, hair colours etc. and have started to charge you for every sh*t. On my old SNES my beloved Street Fighter 2 game had no DLC whatsoever. Nowadays you can spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for each installment of the series. Again and again. MK, Tekken, even the new Granblue Fantasy Versus, each one comes with tons of purchasable DLC in the pipeline. It's the system that the vendors have created to milk their customers. As long as you do not need to buy any costumes (characters are a different matter), I do not see the situation as dire as with those cash-soaken soccer or football players.

KT is probably way more greedy (or "progressive"? lol) than over vendors. But I really doubt we will ever go back to a less greedy system. And I doubt it's a handful of whales that are causing this. It's a mass phenomen, created by online connectivity, PS store etc. And by a mass of customers, not a handful idiots.

Anura

Looking at FGs again, they now all have season passes, costumes, hair colours etc. and have started to charge you for every sh*t. On my old SNES my beloved Street Fighter 2 game had no DLC whatsoever. Nowadays you can spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for each installment of the series. Again and again. MK, Tekken, even the new Granblue Fantasy Versus, each one comes with tons of purchasable DLC in the pipeline. It's the system that the vendors have created to milk their customers. As long as you do not need to buy any costumes (characters are a different matter), I do not see the situation as dire as with those cash-soaken soccer or football players.

I think selling additional characters as paid DLC is OK.

Here is an article from 2013 when the developers of Skullgirls released some numbers

• $48,000: Staff Salaries – 8 people for 10 weeks
  • $30,000: Animation and Clean-up Contracting
  • $4,000: Voice recording
  • $2,000: Hit-box Contracting
  • $5,000: Audio Implementation Contracting
  • $20,000: QA Testing
  • $10,000: 1st Party Certification
  • $10,500: IndieGoGo and Payment Processing Fees
  • $20,500: Manufacturing and Shipping Physical Rewards

That's for Squigly which was on the cheap side due to their production pipeline.

Costs differ depending on the developer, and whether the game is 2D or 3D, Bartholow replied, but added: “We’ve heard rumors that Street Fighter IV characters cost more than $1M each.”

He elaborated: “For comparison, though, the core Skullgirls characters cost between $200-250k to create, and we have it on pretty good authority that is actually quite cheap, especially for the amount of animation we put into our characters. Seth Killian isn’t with Capcom any more, but if you reach out to him he should confirm that $150k (especially when you consider that 2/5 of that cost is bureaucratic) is insanely cheap.”

Even charging 1 USD per hair style is much harder to justify by comparison.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
All it takes is a glance at their annual business report to affirm they don't give a single fuck.

They are sipping on probably the world's most expensive wine while we are shaken and stirred in a mixer. They don't need to do the hair thing to be financially stable. I want to write another article on one hand, but on the other whom hasn't written this game off in one way or another? Why should we keep the interest going for them, regurgitating the same BS when they are not going to do jack shit to make this better?

Not only is it sad and despicable but it reflects poorly on us when it took something as dumb as hair rentals to get attention from other communities & mainstream press; not the effort put into tournaments or stunning gameplay.

It takes a lot of money to look this cheap.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
All it takes is a glance at their annual business report to affirm they don't give a single fuck.

They are sipping on probably the world's most expensive wine while we are shaken and stirred in a mixer. They don't need to do the hair thing to be financially stable. I want to write another article on one hand, but on the other whom hasn't written this game off in one way or another? Why should we keep the interest going for them, regurgitating the same BS when they are not going to do jack shit to make this better?

Not only is it sad and despicable but it reflects poorly on us when it took something as dumb as hair rentals to get attention from other communities & mainstream press; not the effort put into tournaments or stunning gameplay.

It takes a lot of money to look this cheap.

Deathoftheninja actually used the blueprint I left at the table to sneak into their HQ and captured documents while avoided all the booby traps tactically lmao.

+1 deathoftheninja, you got it before people were able to tell you "Godspeed" when you jumped in there. I would imagine that you left a bucket of water on top of the CEO's doorstep as the mission planned, that'll show him to mess with tactical espionage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD