DOA5LR Team NINJA Tutorial - Get Ready Fight! #2

In this episode of Team NINJA's official tutorial the player is taught the importance of directional inputs, and that mashing single buttons mindlessly, and with little strategy will often result in a loss. This new tutorial series caters to the newer players of Dead or Alive 5 and perhaps fighting games in general. Subscribe to Team NINJA's official Youtube for more updates, and future tutorials in their GRF series.

That's cute. It's starting to grow on me, I want to see the next episodes! :)

I still don't like the black/white filter and unwelcoming atmosphere though, but I like the two players and their attitude. I've never realized how hard it could be for people who aren't familiar with fighting games in general. It's a good initiative, some of my friends - even those who like video games in general - are afraid of them, because they think it requires a lot of dedication and too much patience.

Good thing with DOA is that you can start at your own pace and after a few hours, you can already start to perform some crazy flashy combos. They should do an episode showing how to choose your main. It's a vast question and not so easy. Here again, imo, you have to "be curious".

I should keep an eye on this series. judging from the comments it is actually helping some people. However They usually have more questions that I can help answer.

I should keep an eye on this series. judging from the comments it is actually helping some people. However They usually have more questions that I can help answer.
So far it's done well. My gripe with it thus far is that TN/KT should have done something along these lines when DoA5 vanilla was coming out. I just hope that it's not a case of "too little, too late".

Last edited:
I found this on YT - one of the pics immediately made me think of DOA, but I found myself agreeing with most if not all of it:

I'm think if TN had presented doa as the video explains to begin with, but who knows maybe we'll get something that is accessible in DOA6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD