Team Ninja Twitter

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
alright, earliest possible stages of alpha.

but it's still pretty damn early. And lots of demos have online play.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Pre-alpha was pretty much the version to be used for green lighting the project. Alpha is nice because it means it had been greenlit.

Summary: Don't pay attention to version semantics, even the developers don't really follow set terminology.

DrDogg

alright, earliest possible stages of alpha.

but it's still pretty damn early. And lots of demos have online play.

How many demos do you know of that release a year before the game and still have online play (aside from MMOs)? Of those, how many were fighting games? In fact, how many fighting games have had any kind of demo? I can only think of a handful.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
And out of that handful, I believe all of them were to specifically test the netcode.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Experimental playground and that dumb samus stage already desync like crazy with all the moving stuff.

Can't say im looking forward to a player untested netcode for DOA 5.

DrDogg

Who says there won't be another demo later this year? I really think this demo is more to promote NG3 rather than to give people a proper demo of DOA5.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well the good thing about it being digital is that the time frame for system additions in link with the base build is narrower. If it were a hard disc it would have to go through the NG3 processing time to manufacture a disc (~1 month).

DrDogg

Well the good thing about it being digital is that the time frame for system additions in link with the base build is narrower. If it were a hard disc it would have to go through the NG3 processing time to manufacture a disc (~1 month).

Yes, but as a digital download, it still has to go through the XBL and PSN queue. That's almost as long as the CRT process for a disc.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
it's half the time depending on the developer. If you're platinum status it's a matter of days.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm pretty sure we're not getting the latest build of the game come March. It seems like we're getting the build that the press tried out last month, which has minimal system changes and, of course, is still alpha.

MeanMrMustard

Well hopefully we can at least see how the stage changes and other things work in practice, and maybe see what direction they are heading with this game. It'll all still be very early though so I don't know exactly how much we will get from this. For me personally, it will be nice to play a new DOA, even if it still is in development.

DrDogg

Well hopefully we can at least see how the stage changes and other things work in practice, and maybe see what direction they are heading with this game. It'll all still be very early though so I don't know exactly how much we will get from this. For me personally, it will be nice to play a new DOA, even if it still is in development.

Says the person who's main character is in the demo... *glare*

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD