Team Ninja wants ideas for next patch!

SilverKhaos

.... read your post and right an essay on whats wrong with it. i expect it by friday.

To clarify,

1) Big slow strong attacks traditionally, and actually, have a lot more power behind them, so there's no reason why they shouldn't be powering through jabs or a lesser version of said attack. In most fighters you'd dodge or block a big attack, because they'd overpower any lesser attack. The downside is supposed to be their speed.

2) The game is still really buggy, but the lack of players is mostly due to zero marketing.

Stikku

To clarify,

1) Big slow strong attacks traditionally, and actually, have a lot more power behind them, so there's no reason why they shouldn't be powering through jabs or a lesser version of said attack. In most fighters you'd dodge or block a big attack, because they'd overpower any lesser attack. The downside is supposed to be their speed.

2) The game is still really buggy, but the lack of players is mostly due to zero marketing.
1. Technically, it's not even an attack. It's a grab. Traditionally, most throws start up incredibly fast but have limited range and can't connect if the opponent is in the middle of an attack. However, OH (Offensive Hold) throws are much slower to start up, have extended range, and can connect even if the opponent is in the middle of an attack. OH throws should be universal for many reasons, the best of which are:
A) Balance
B) DOA4 was the best DOA.

2. There was a rather large amount of marketing for this game, but poorly directed towards getting good "professional reviews" from places like IGN and Famitsu. Other than that, ye - My friends didn't even know DOA5 came out until I mentioned it 2 days after launch.

Doug Nguyen

Gameplay:

1. Reduce the stun from wake up kicks.
2. Add a few more recovery frames to holds, especially low holds.
3. Make it harder to escape sit down stuns and stagger back stuns.
4. More moves should force tech opponents on the ground

Kasumi
1. :3::3::F::+::P: should be an offensive hold. It's a 17 frames (same as her OH in DOAD). She even does the same animation. Such a slow throw.
2. :4::P::+::K: should guard break without charge like in DOA4.

Modes:

1. Team Battle
2. Tag Challenge (DOAD). It was a fun single player mode but it could be a fun versus mode as well. It would also let you do 1 player vs. 2 players.
The only use see for that grab is punishing counter spammers. Or doing her 3P+K then F+P since most try to counter her after 3P+K. But it takes a hell a lot of damage so, making it an offensive hold might be too strong, kinda like what the grapplers have. I kinda miss the DOA4 animation of that move too.

DR2K

Having a slow, high damage throw that can be beat by a punch or normal non-retarded throw really is a legitimate flaw.

Also stop pointing out that I don't play the game. A lot of people don't. Maybe not a lot of people on this forum, but overall - the game hasn't sold very well and has only been popular among neets with fetishes. As a fighting game, it's still buggy and silly.

Every move has their "flaw", if they didn't then it would be broken. A relativley large damage throw for that type of character makes sense.

A lot of people don't pretend to know more than they do.

Stikku

Every move has their "flaw", if they didn't then it would be broken. A relativley large damage throw for that type of character makes sense.

A lot of people don't pretend to know more than they do.
You seem to be overlooking the fact that the throw in question has been an OH throw in the past - and the only difference now based on Keylay's post is that it is still a traditionally slow-startup OH throw, but missing the OH properties.

Stop being a fucking prick and attacking me, jesus - I'm just trying to make the game better.

DR2K

You seem to be overlooking the fact that the throw in question has been an OH throw in the past - and the only difference now based on Keylay's post is that it is still a traditionally slow-startup OH throw, but missing the OH properties.

Stop being a fucking prick and attacking me, jesus - I'm just trying to make the game fucking better.

It shouldn't have been an OH in that past and it shouldn't now, it does more damage if I recall correctly. A lot of throws don't have the same start up either.

Which is impossible without having played it.

Stikku

It shouldn't have been an OH in that past and it shouldn't now, it does more damage if I recall correctly. A lot of throws don't have the same start up either.

Which is impossible without having played it.

YouSeemDiscontent.png

>something original
>persists and stays the same
>you argue it shouldn't have been like that in the first place
Your argument is entirely seated in the fact that you're not familiar with DOA as a series, which severely outweighs my unfamiliarity with only DOA5.

DR2K

Seems like our resident troll has had his daily fill.

I'm really worried about them taking balance suggestions form the average fan. We might be seeing things go much closer to DOA4 as a result. . . thankfully they've still got a few glitches to fix before that happens.

Doug Nguyen

Seems like our resident troll has had his daily fill.

I'm really worried about them taking balance suggestions form the average fan. We might be seeing things go much closer to DOA4 as a result. . . thankfully they've still got a few glitches to fix before that happens.
Oh no, i hope not. Just have them listen to Dr. Dogg, he seems to know what DOA5 should be.

WebHead

All you guys asking for character buffs sound like little children writing to Santa. Be men. I'm a low tier warrior, I don't rely on my character for anything, I rely on myself, my brain, my way.

You wanna play with characters, play tekken, im the BASS MASTER, ILL CRUSH ANYONE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. My daughter TINA is back up, you can choose which one to fight, doesnt matter ill bulldoze right through you.

Stikku

You don't know low tier until you know Leon. You don't get to love low tier until you get to love Leon.

WebHead

I dont think bass is high tier because the bass's I fight online I know exactly when they have no frame advantage and its most of the time, so I end up demolishing these kids. I used bass in doa4 and he was considered low tier. But lets be real here, this isnt street fighter, this isnt tekken, this isnt mvc, this is DOA. Tier list doesnt mean jack shit, I could beat SS ninjas in doa4 with leon and he was considered like bottom 3 tier list. When you have the counter system, sidestepping and slow escaping to use with any character, tier list means FUCK ALL!

Mr. T

Ranked lobbies, I'd really like those (to add some weight to my non-existing argument this would improve the community = $$$ in the long run). Also, and this is probably not going to happen but after this recent patch it seems that when there's lag instead of slowing the game down or having stuttering the input lag is just horrendous and as a result if you run into a 1 bar connection the whole match is decided by whom ever can buffer up the most low strings as they are absolutely impossible to guard. I much preferred the old way of dealing with latency where the game would stutter and slow down, now if i run into a low ranking 1 bar I'm likely to lose as my main character lacks low strings while the newbies are attracted to the likes of kasumi, hitomi etc.

Also i like lee, was my main in doa4 but the frame advantage on dragongunner is, imo, to much.

//edit, OFT; i get the feeling that the frames required to crouch has increased since previous iterations? Any frame data on this?

Something-Unique

Ideas for next patch:

General Request:

1. Every single last request about buffs and nerfs to be completely ignored. Way to early for that.

Online Requests:

1. The option to see the connection of your opponent in ranked before your forced to play them. There is zero reason the online for this game should have been released this way.

2. Better matchmaking. The one currently in use is questionable.

3. General bug fixes such as the replay glitch.

Final Request:

1. Every single last request about buffs and nerfs to be completely ignored. Way to early for that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD