Tekken

WAZAAAAA

Oh, haha no big deal babe :cool:;):eek::cool::):mad::oops::):oops::mad::):oops::oops:

(Btw if you make any money from this i want at least 100%)
money in the FGC? what is this insanity that you speak of, FGC is the epitome of poverty
XYiySZR.jpg

WAZAAAAA

a beach volleyball game
u wot?? tekken ball was the shit man, never forget

my beef with tekken is how terribly clunky it is

like who the fuck thought that being able to input a quarter circle motion attack ONLY after the recovery of the previous move was a good idea?
why are there so many recovery animation frames in the game during which you can only block but not do anything else... ON TOP of additional IASA frames?
I don't like how the game limits me to do while rising/crouching/standing moves and not let me do whatever move I want instantly instead
0 frame data, 0 tutorials
jesus christ wall splats are unpredictable
holy shit why does EVERYTHING LAUNCH

I could go on but I can't deny I myself enjoyed some T3 T5 T7 in my life so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

like who the fuck thought that being able to input a quarter circle motion attack ONLY after the recovery of the previous move was a good idea?
why are there so many recovery animation frames in the game during which you can only block but not do anything else... ON TOP of additional IASA frames?
I don't like how the game limits me to do while rising/crouching/standing moves and not let me do whatever move I want instantly instead

I could go on but I can't deny I myself enjoyed some T3 T5 T7 in my life so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes!

I enjoy T7 and have enjoyed previous Tekkens like T3 & T5DR, but I always felt that Tekken's "difficulty" felt artificial. You can buffer inputs in T7, but the buffering of an input following the recovery of a previous move gets annoying, especially if you're trying to follow-up with a 66... err... I mean ff move (a lot of times you can get f~ instead, e.g. f4). The movement can feel annoying in the sense of either getting a crouch or a jump when you intend to sidestep, though I like the ability to forward dash or backdash into a sidestep. (The forward walk & back walk are very slow also but no biggie).

The wall splat game is a bit silly because I feel that there's too many potential wall heights which messes up combos more than it should. Although potential wall damage in T7 can be pretty ludicrous especially if your rage drive can complement it. The lack of frame data & lack of tutorials is obnoxious and Harada's reasoning for it is just plain stupid (basically wanting to make the game artificially more difficult by forcing you to have to figure it out your self)(and yes I know he claimed that people allegedly don't play tutorials).

The lack of a block button leads to much less interesting free cancel scenarios compared to DOA or VF, though it's not really a big deal because there's hardly any delay frames anyway. Everything launches because that's the way Tekken players like it. They just want to nail that i15 NH launcher or i11 CH Magic 4 and claim 40-50%+ in one combo without much thought.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
The very few things that I bother me about Tekken after having played several other 3D fighting games outside of it are the side wall splats. That shit really irks me to no end and it really causes problems for those who are trying to get as much damage as they can off of the combos. As such, the player may make a mistake and end up getting a side wall splat, causing the player's get all janked up. Other aspect that I also agree with @Force_of_Nature are the absence of frame data information and an actual tutorial (that "fight lab" from TTT2 was pure obnoxious drivel, nonsense, and atrocity). Because, a lot of high level concepts are usually taught from online tutorial from other players. There are resources available for the said players and there are many others who are more than willing to teach folks certain aspects of the game (because, you DO have players that are far too lazy/scrubby to try to do things right while trying to get better at the game).

Granted, little things such as BDC, wave dashing, or a more character-specific concept such as SS EWGF (my favorite method of blowing overly offensive/stringy characters up) are relatively easy. "Now..." For specific individuals who have been playing for years, years, years, and years. A player like Fergus had to take a hot minute to learn the games mechanics but god damn, he has done his best... now he is placing in tournaments with Asuka (his favorite character). The man was once a Street Fighter player (and he still is). But, what about the new player or a individual who is actually trying to invest time into the game to get better for whatever tournament scene they might have? Sure, the player has to practice, but game itself is not going to outright teach you how to do it on any consistent basis (the point being, it would be nice if Tekken 7 did have a game tutorial for helping players adjust to the game but it will be unwise to "hold the players hand" or anything of that nature).

UpSideDownGRUNT

Let me guess Fergus plays Sakura? I heard a video mention him during Sakura's reveal but wasn't sure if it was Asuka Fergus. Hmm interesting.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Yes, that is correct. Fergus is a Sakura player, ever since SFIV. He used to show up on SRK a lot. He is also a Mod on Tekkenzaibatsu (which is a cesspool of unfortunate souls who are either overly obsessed with the Tekken "story" concepts, having a flawed POV on how Tekken "should" be made, or a combination of both. This is also highly visible online as well. There is apparently a stigma against characters who come from a 2D background, such as Geese and Gouki respectively. Eliza is also a noteworthy example, even though she is actually from the Tekken series in of itself). Fergus has recently placed at a tournament with Asuka as well and he streams relatively often.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Lemme guess, if Fergus was to play hypothetically play DOA, he'd play Hitomi?
I recall Fergus stating that he likes the DOA series and plays it very occasionally, yet I have no clue who he plays. But, based on many of character choices in the other games, he is extremely likely to play Hitomi or a character that shares similar traits to her.

On Tekken, he is apparently good at playing Geese as well (partially because he is already highly familiarized with the said character from previous KOF games and FF).

petopia

u wot?? tekken ball was the shit man, never forget

Big difference dud we we need mini games, clothes popping off, waifuus only, gravure mode, vr harassment and then we will come to terms that we have something alike but tekken ball man really a mode that exists with in the game. Oh and dont forget we'll also have to have a gacha game on pc where theres no apparent gameplay too to break even.

WAZAAAAA

Big difference dud we we need mini games, clothes popping off, waifuus only, gravure mode, vr harassment and then we will come to terms that we have something alike but tekken ball man really a mode that exists with in the game. Oh and dont forget we'll also have to have a gacha game on pc where theres no apparent gameplay too to break even.
e9d.jpg

Mama

It'll be a good thing if in the next update for Tekken 7 had host transfer like DOA5 so the lobbies wouldn't be terminate when the host leaves.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It'll be a good thing if in the next update for Tekken 7 had host transfer like DOA5 so the lobbies wouldn't be terminate when the host leaves.

I don't care for playing DOA5LR online much since I cannot tolerate lag for extended periods of time, but it's ridiculous how much better DOA5LR's lobbies are than Tekken 7's. 16-player lobbies, spectator/fighter options, host transfer, being able to go in-and-out between the lobby and a match without waiting 2 years for the previous match to finish and sync up so I can actually watch something besides a 'wait for the match to finish, etc.' screen, and online dojos to boot. Tekken 7's online mode feels like something from, like, 5+ years ago. Such terrible presentation.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm honestly not sure if Harada and co. actually know how to make modern fighting games.

They have no idea how to do DLC in general, they still use a primitive block mechanic that feels like it doesn't work half the time, lobbies as you said are dated and Harada still to this day refuses to put in anything to help newcomers like tutorials, combo trials or even frame data...

I saw people on TZ praising Tag 2s pathetic attempt at a tutorial like, this is how Low bar the standard is lol

petopia

I'm honestly not sure if Harada and co. actually know how to make modern fighting games.

They have no idea how to do DLC in general, they still use a primitive block mechanic that feels like it doesn't work half the time, lobbies as you said are dated and Harada still to this day refuses to put in anything to help newcomers like tutorials, combo trials or even frame data...

I saw people on TZ praising Tag 2s pathetic attempt at a tutorial like, this is how Low bar the standard is lol
Maybe because since t6 they weren't fucking people over with $100 season passes with fetish dlc included.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD