Tekken

Awesmic

Standard Donor

TheHunterKiller692

Walk it back while you still can.
Walk what back? The opportunity to expose people for what they are? Hell no. In fact, I hate bottling up my laughter when it's all but impossible to contain. Good thing this site is mostly used by Western fans, because Japanese players would probably look at me and say "Yeah, he has a point.", especially with shit like this.

Derock

https://youtube.com/shorts/iCmXxkcbIvk

Make Tekken 4 great again! This shit is absolute peak gaming.

I really wish. But, unfortunately, the Tekken fans won't go back to 4.

On the side note, I recommend subscribing to MainaHighway's YouTube channel. The TAS videos are really entertaining, especially for the previous Tekken titles. I saw some interesting techs, reversals and counters I never seen before during regular gameplay.

• Star
Reactions: Rob

Radiance

Gameplay wise, wasn't Tekken 4 one of the worst in the iteration? They removed Korean back dash canceling; movement overall was horrible. Start rounds were similar to DoA where players could move before round start; people are not a fan of that ish outside of DoA. Honestly, many DoA players aren't either.

This is why I think T8 won't have the same success as Tekken 7 unless they improve back dash canceling. Tekken 8 is a very aggressive in your face type of game because of the nerfed movement. Harada needs to stop touching what fans love about their game. There's clearly some influence from DoA in Tekken 8, but not too much to the point where it's annoying.

T..J. Bernard

If Tekken 4 is being talked about...

I'd say it was mixed. I think this was the last of Tekken force (unless you count Jin's "devil within" & T6's story). The main plot was relatively dark. And this was probably the boldest Tekken. But some environment mechanics were broken & the movement was a chore to go through (the Sidewalk was decent though). Maybe casually it can have some benefits but idk about remastering T4, even with the benefits. Tekken force and the story can only go so far with the gameplay & balancing stuff.

Gameplay wise, wasn't Tekken 4 one of the worst in the iteration? They removed Korean back dash canceling; movement overall was horrible. Start rounds were similar to DoA where players could move before round start; people are not a fan of that ish outside of DoA. Honestly, many DoA players aren't either.

This is why I think T8 won't have the same success as Tekken 7 unless they improve back dash canceling. Tekken 8 is a very aggressive in your face type of game because of the nerfed movement. Harada needs to stop touching what fans love about their game. There's clearly some influence from DoA in Tekken 8, but not too much to the point where it's annoying.

I predict T8 will likely go through what Tekken 6 did from Tekken 5's success. I hear mixed things about the backlash but good things about the sidestep so movement might be decent, hopefully to counter the heat system stuff. My big concern, outside the online stuff & overall balancing, is the offline stuff. I think that was a big critique (outside the season 3 shenanigans) for Tekken 7. But if T8's offline stuff is as engaging as I'm seeing, especially with the ghost stuff, T8 should be fine.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
T8 in a year or two is probably going to be a different game anyway. Atleast in terms of how they adjust the Heat system.

UpSideDownGRUNT

My big concern, outside the online stuff & overall balancing, is the offline stuff. I think that was a big critique (outside the season 3 shenanigans) for Tekken 7. But if T8's offline stuff is as engaging as I'm seeing, especially with the ghost stuff, T8 should be fine.
So far from what I can tell via looking at the different modes in Tekken 8 DEMO, Tekken 8 is actually gonna have a decent amount of offline content this time around.
Outside of the the main story mode about Jin and Kazuya, you also have the Arcade Quest story mode thing and the character episodes which all have 5 fights each and a proper CG ending for each of the 32 characters in the game. Tekken Ball is also available offline via a menu vs CPU so I assume the Tekken lobby Tekken Ball room is mostly for playing online, Super Ghost battle which is really fun and for the first time in the whole series if you just want a quick few rounds Tekken 8 has CPU in vs mode now and a 7 stage standard arcade mode (big upgrade to the 4-5 stage arcade mode in 7)

So yeah, Tekken 8 has more than enough offline content I feel,
definitely a significant upgrade to Tekken 7 which only had Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Treasure Battle and Tekken Bowl and that's literally it lol

Last edited:

Radiance

Who's everyone playing?

I've been playing the demo (cracked) on P.C since it dropped. Alot of characters have some crazy but good changes. A few inputs for Xiaoyu's moves have changed, and she has a good amount of + on block moves to keep her pressure going. Shaheen is no longer boring. He's really glowed up with new combo enders, options from his stance, conversions and his jump cancel. They did a pretty good job at making Jun and Asuka not feel like clones; Asuka's install is very unique. She also has newer + frames on block.

My sights are set on Jun and Raven. Raven really glowed up, he's not in the demo and I didn't play him in the beta but watched a lot of footage of him. I like his shadow clones and new stances. I was a bit bored with Jun at first but after going through her move set in the demo, I think she's going to be a top tier or upper tier character. Her wall damage is dumb, her stance cancels and mix-ups make her feel a lot like the Helena of Tekken. She's a complex character (gameplay wise) but that's what makes her unique. I could be completely wrong, and she ends up being low tier lol but will still play her. She seems to have a full tool kit; good normals/pokes, good punishment, good tracking - Landing some of her tracking moves gives her +13 on hit which set ups her for guaranteed moves that go into heat, a lot of 50/50's, good handful of + on block moves, good sidestep (but not Lili sidestep tier), and a good backdash.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lili, she's basically like the Ayane now with her changes. I haven't used the practice mode crack yet since I'm afraid of a stealth or sudden update where they'll brick the patch and any attempt to play the normal demo if they detect it, but at the worst they'll try to patch out the characters we can use by maybe manipulating the menu and removing everyone but the intended 4 from the menu

Lili tho overall seems strong which I like, alot more mix ups(that still feel almost hard to remember since I'm still stuck in her T7 BTED game so I forget about back facing d2 frequently), her pressure is better since she's safer now and I love her safe on block ff4 now if you finish in Mirror Image. Her 3+4 is gonna be easy to throw out from long range and I like her ability to Dew Glide from her ws 1,2 now and her double Feisty rabbit is definitely gonna be annoying.

I dislike her new back facing d4, her old generic one was better but they nerfed the speed and frame advantage with the new animation and its really weak. Don't like how they removed her old back facing 1,2 , 3+4,2 , and I feel her heat mechanic benefits amongst the most basic since it just augments her Feisty Rabbit stance follow ups which are both pretty easy to beat with a quick mid but it does enhance her 50/50 mix up since you guess between a + mid or a tracking low with small combo benefits. Her input change to her rafflesia throw is definitely gonna make it a go to after Dew Glide xD

Idc much about the others besides Claudio but their changes seem fair to contend with what Lili is working with.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I am an Asuka main forever no matter how much BAMCO completely gut her to the ground to get more people to play Jun.

Subs will probably be a mix of Jin and Jun I like Tekken 8 Jun more than Tag 2 Jun but man she's really not the same character she used to be but then again if she came back in T8 with her old moves she would just be a 1:1 Asuka clone (as Asuka has her old Tag 1 moveset)

I am interested in trying out Reina too though just like literally everyone and their mother's cat

T..J. Bernard

Mainly Jin, Kazuya, & Diablo Jin. I'd also dabble with Jun, Reina, Lars, Hwoarang, Steve & such. But one character I would want to add to my arsenal would be Lee. My last time playing Tekken, I enjoyed Lee (once I finally was able to execute some of his gameplay). It'd be interesting to see how everyone plays from T7 to T8 considering some of the changes and adjustments...

But that'll be when I get back to gaming. I've been on break for some time (for school & other things) & I'm interested more from a spectators perspective for now (outside my Roblox time XD).

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
1. Reina
2. Jun
3. Xiayou
4. Azucena
5. Zafina
6. Nina
7. Lili
8. Kazuya
9. Feng
10. Dragunov
11. Victor

In that order. I don't care about Alisa and as much as I love Asuka there are other females I'm more interested in playing.

Top 3 are probably the characters I'll play the most although Zafina is fun af.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD