Tekken

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hoping they'll have more legacy costumes up for purchase and that the 4 from Jun and Kazuya and Jin and Xiaoyu are just previews since only those 4 is kinda disappointing. I'll probably hold off buying until Lili has some stuff shown

Derock

Uh, who wanted Tag in a normal Tekken game? This franchise is not DOA. They can wait for that after 9, IF the team can get there in the next possible decade. Team Battle should be brought back offline first then to be considered for online.
I'm shocked no one requesting other stuff for Tekken Lounge, for example, there's a bowling alley in the outside area suggesting that Tekken Bowl maybe returning and also Arcade Quests has retro games like Tekken 1- Tag 1, Pac-Man and Dig Dug in the Gong area. If they want to follow Capcom's successes with Street Fighter 6, Bamco should take those assets and elevate it.

I'm guessing Namco's been saving those currently unused interactions for future patches but yeah, I saw some Hwoarang fans wanting his T6-TTT2 1P outfit or any of his T4 ones added to the shop but whatever, I would gladly take either his T6-TTT2 1P outfit or his T4 2P military outfit for sure.

Either way, I still wanna see the Asuka vs Jin (I need to see Asuka make that non-canon Tetsuman manga reference towards her cousin please!), Reina vs. Kuma, and Lee vs. ??? (We already know it's Anna since he had interest in her in past games) special interactions be added and that's all I need. Also, possible Eddy vs. Kazuya interactions as well, since Kazuya was behind the murder of Eddy's dad back in T3? :3

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

Uh, who wanted Tag in a normal Tekken game? This franchise is not DOA.
I'd take a shot in the dark and say that only Harada, Shimbori and fans of their previous work would approve. I think this is only reinforcing them wanting competition to see if people like Tekken better.
I still wanna see Asuka make that non-canon Tetsuman manga reference towards her cousin!
Do you think they could do it in the story mode?

Do you think they could do it in the story mode?
Dunno but I would like it if they would add it to Asuka's story DLC (seeing that Jin basically also started WW3 during T6). That would be cool also. Also, gimme the Jun vs. King II one for Jun's as well. She needs more interactions outside of Kazuya and her own son.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

I would like it if they would add it to Asuka's story DLC. Also, gimme the Jun vs. King II one for Jun's, as well. She needs more interactions outside of Kazuya and her own son.
I'd expect it to just be more character episodes in an update, but yeah. I agree with this. I meant to say this earlier, but MK11's Aftermath DLC was a set of deleted scenes from the main story. I like to think Harada'd be able to approach it in a similar manner.

Lorenzo Buti

Looks like I found Shimbori's X, Y, and Z alongside with his own customization of himself on Feng Wei! He also has Alisa Bosconovitch cosplaying as NiCO and of course Lili Rochefort wearing Asuka Kazama's default. :p

Shimbori_X Avatar in Tekken 8.png
Shimbori_X in Tekken 8 Regular.png

Shimbori_Y and Shimbori_Z Avatars in Tekken 8.png

Shimbori_Y and Shimbori_Z in Tekken 8 Regular.png

Didn't Xiao have a custom hair option that made her look like one of her besties Miharu in past games such as T6 and T7? I wanna see that added so bad so that other players will be confused if it's really her or Xiao. That would be such a troll move. xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wonder how they'll execute the photo mode if they implement it? I personally don't think PC needs it since there's already the Unreal Engine 5 Unlocker you can use to take pics but it'll be good for console users so they won't be stuck with the same boring screen caps of the characters in their intros and win pose. I hope Shimbori puts them on game so it can be like DOA6's photography in the replay modes

I would love a tag mode tbh, I think it could easily be implemented much later down the line of Tekken 8 but it's too early now, that'll require alot of rebalancing since the system is very much not suited atm for a tag match set up atm.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
God when Harada talks I can barely stomach it. His recent tweet defending his crap DLC is the dumbest thing I’ve read and he starts off with “development costs are ten times that of Tekken 7.”

So are the profits, stupid! This is the same jackoff that sold people frame data!

Then he proceeds to insult the fan that has been playing and supporting his games since the old days.

Fuck that piece of shit. Itagaki > Harada the sellout

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think it's weird he mentioned development costs, I think thats a cop put since newer games always have a higher development cost on new gen consoles, especially since T7 was never updated graphically after FR and ran on vanilla ps4 since 2017. He acts like they're not gonna see that profit back, but Tekken 8 isn't SCVI.

I just hope they'll have more to offer when the Tekken shop launches besides the 4 costumes we've seen, I think Xiaoyu is the only one I like since she gets a new hairstyle too. I just need a solid date since I like to know exactly when things drop rather than estimates

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
God when Harada talks I can barely stomach it. His recent tweet defending his crap DLC is the dumbest thing I’ve read and he starts off with “development costs are ten times that of Tekken 7.”

So are the profits, stupid! This is the same jackoff that sold people frame data!

Then he proceeds to insult the fan that has been playing and supporting his games since the old days.

Oh man Harada was full on damage control during that last stream about selling legacy outfits for money. Timestamped:

https://www.youtube.com/live/UQLlZHjQNvs?si=t9XxOOPhDBOpvElt&t=3410

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I agree DOAN, it is insulting to those who have stuck with the series so long they have to spend money for classic outfits. If you're gonna force people to spend something, make it the fighting coins you receive during regular play in the game. I got like 30 million and nothing to spend it on.

Besides these legacy outfits look like shit. WTF is up with Kazuya's?

Modders are doing a better job than Bamco is.

Yup. Been calling out on Harada's BS ever since he opened his damn mouth about anything, including lying about DLC characters not being paid or locking frame data behind DLC for T7. I feel really bad for the actually dev team behind the Tekken compared to Harada. -_-

Also, Hayashi and Itagaki >>> Harada

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
And I do think Harada from the creative end is a genius. He certainly knows his job and he’s a master of creating a fan base for the fgc not just for Tekken but for himself as well. He’s probably second or third to Hideo Kojima.

But good glory he has sold his morals to the corporate end and his excuses… lol. This is probably his worst yet. And to rage on an old fan saying he played one of my old games. I don’t know whether to say he’s a savage or just a complete dick.

Yup, Exactly. Once you start building a huge ego and start spreading misinformation about certain things related to your own franchise then that's where I draw the line. This all started with Harada way back before T6's console release spewing nonsense about how 'unlockables were a thing of the past' and since then I never took anything he said with face value ever again. It really sucks but that's what being famous and success does to you in the long term. :/

The only recent things that I ever accepted from him was a tweet about Jun being bad at cooking since Lars' TTT2 ending was basically him dreaming about him eating with his family and that Heihachi was officially dead for good (We already knew that before he even said it). That's it.

By the way, can we please get Miharu's hairstyle for her bestie and classmate Xiaoyu in T8 as well please? That would be great for trolling other players in general. :D

EDIT: Just dug up some past tweets from Harada from last summer regardless past costumes being added to T8 and, as usual, he was still full of shit since that we're now getting them in the Tekken Shop already.

1000000180.jpg
1000000181.jpg
1000000182.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD