Texture Editing (PC)

mralex

Hi everyone, I'm new in this page, and make 2 skins of kasumi and hitomi

Kasumi suit from DOA 4
Hitomi as Claire Redfield from Resident evil Code Veronica, behind on her back has the "let me live" logo

Attachments

• as.png
    as.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 621
  • Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 633

Brute

Standard Donor
Strawmen are dangerous. You don't know whats hidden inside those things. I certainly wouldn't want one thrown at me.
They weren't being thrown at me. They were just being thrown about mindlessly.

Note the recurring theme of thought deficiency.

One interesting thing is the image maps do not have match the original size. I have been testing 4096x4096 resolution textures without any crashes or serious issues. Of course there's no magic way of turning 512x512 textures into 4k, ones you have to remake the entire thing from scratch and asset production for such high resolution is difficult.
3FD1A8B7A751E86BEBCE2B3912A91CAD2F78B633
The bump texture really makes the collar stick out. Heheh.

Storm

Super simple edit for Ein- going to do some work on the pants and the wraps as well. Probably refine the shirt texture as well.So excited we can do all this already! Now if only we can port stages in from other DOA's...

It's a bit tricky as his shirt was mesh so determining where it begins/ends is something I am working on for now..

Attachments

• game 2015-04-03 02-56-56-575.jpg
    game 2015-04-03 02-56-56-575.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Super simple edit for Ein- going to do some work on the pants and the wraps as well. Probably refine the shirt texture as well.So excited we can do all this already! Now if only we can port stages in from other DOA's...

It's a bit tricky as his shirt was mesh so determining where it begins/ends is something I am working on for now..
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You literally just made that costume 100x better than that eyesore yellow that it is normally....
It actually looks pretty damned cool now.

pro tip:
when you attach file you can actually insert them into your post so we dont have to click the thumbnails each time just make sure you insert a spoiler tag and your good.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I never said I didn't like it, I still use it regularly now when I play, I just wasn't so hot on the colour scheme which has been aptly fixed.

The only I would change is the bandages back to white because otherwise it just looks like he wrapped duct tape to his arm lol

If only I had a good PC to run this version :(

The Enforcer

My one problem is the actual sweat that drips from the opponent's head. I'm trying to get the color to thick red blood. Haven't had any luck. Any help would be really appreciative if someone can thicken the color red (and even update it), as I'm not too experienced yet. Here are the files of the sweat drip and I included image of the problem:

I believe the animated sweat comes from a file in the common.bin and not the character one, plus it likely be hard to detect black and white image. It'll be a matter of trial and error in finding it or waiting until we can use the decrypted files.

Got the normal map on, but I think the low poly model still has some reference to the name plate.

Two other things to check. Any lingering detail in the other layers for the diffuse texture. Also the specular file may also have some detail needing to be removed.

Blash

Bit late to the game, but that blood is awesome!
Excellent idea, makes it look like a 2004 WWE match when blading was insane. GJ!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Great, the guys at Gamefaqs had to go and ruin a good thing. I lliked the Selena Gomez gifs...:(

One of the funnier and cooler running jokes/memes going on in here. :( Didn't particularly like or get the Doge and Salad memes...

And I'm not so sure, how I feel about the bleeding... o__O

Chapstick

'*falls in water* *gets up covered in blood*' watch out for sharks on Zack Island
One interesting thing is the image maps do not have match the original size. I have been testing 4096x4096 resolution textures without any crashes or serious issues. Of course there's no magic way of turning 512x512 textures into 4k, ones you have to remake the entire thing from scratch and asset production for such high resolution is difficult.
Wow, looks like she's wearing a real shirt. I'd love to see an entire stage this high quality.

TheRealCoxinator

'*falls in water* *gets up covered in blood*' watch out for sharks on Zack Island

Wow, looks like she's wearing a real shirt. I'd love to see an entire stage this high quality.
Imagine if you could change all the water on all stages to actually be blood. Holy shit. Maybe people will respect the game lol.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Please what effect and filter are you using? It looks amazing.

Seconded. Although I've noticed Ayane tends to look the best in the PC's default lighting.

Please what effect and filter are you using? It looks amazing.
Sorry not possible, I just threw an uncompressed screenshot into my usual colour grading process I use for my DSLR. I might have a look at the colour grading people are using later. I don't know if I can get them working as well as I think the program I used shifts hue and saturation based on each RGB channel and intensity of each pixel.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I like the idea of the blood, but I'm not sure I like the amount of it.

We're throwing people off of buildings in this game. I don't think any amount of blood is unreasonable.

That said, it's still technically water. What are the triggers for generating sweat, anyhow? It's not anything I ever really paid much attention to. And I get the feeling if you knocked someone into water they'd end up covered in blood immediately, which would seem weird.

Unless of course, the water was actually pools of blood in some kind of messed up alternate nightmare texture set.

Hmmm....

TheRealCoxinator

We're throwing people off of buildings in this game. I don't think any amount of blood is unreasonable.

That said, it's still technically water. What are the triggers for generating sweat, anyhow? It's not anything I ever really paid much attention to. And I get the feeling if you knocked someone into water they'd end up covered in blood immediately, which would seem weird.

Unless of course, the water was actually pools of blood in some kind of messed up alternate nightmare texture set.

Hmmm....
I said it first lol. I think sweat just happens over time.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
And I get the feeling if you knocked someone into water they'd end up covered in blood immediately, which would seem weird.

Nah, the water clothing effect is all just a separate texture, it's actually not related to the sweat system.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD