Texture Editing (PC)

Rezzco9

Had to give this a go it is my first ever attempt so it is pretty bad but i tried^.^
pic1:
15hcpyo.jpg

Pic2:

16gaes8.jpg

Pic3:

2q3c8w1.jpg

Download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=65201793958455048629

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=65201793958455048629

Godwin

@Godwin
You are doing my same mistake when I attempted to use a mod for the first time: the dds files have to be added (through a simple drag and drop) from the folder to the blank area of the uMod window called "game":

Very likely for getting that message error you are trying to drag and drop them in the first section called "uMod".

Did you get the "game" screen? If not, this means that you haven't associated the exe of DoA5LR to the uMod software.
Thanks a lot for helping me out, but what you are saying is exactly what I am doing.. The game screen opens when I start DOA, so I assume it's correctly associated.
Is there any other solution?

Baal bal

Tried to make a few skirts transparent but no luck, they just turn white. My software options are limited though, I don't have PS on this laptop and Gimp refuses to start :/
There are two ways to make "remove the skirt" (hehe yes I see what you want to do, you pantsu perv XP)
One : Make it transparent
two : remove it totally.

I don't know how the second method work on PC, but it's different from adding transparency. I guess you have to put "00" on the right files of the texture.
I think a modder already did that on Gamevixen. Go check the thread "Kasumi mini skirt".
(Won't make a link as this site is not safe for work)

Freenk

Thanks for the tutorial, but for some reason when I drag a file to Umod, it gives the following error:

>> Could not find hash, maybe file is not named as *_HASH.dds <<

(of course adding that to the filename didn't help)

I am using GIMP to edit, and exporting the files to .dds directly.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

seems something is corrupted.

- if you have a zip-file with images and content.txt included, just drag'n'drop the zip file to uMod/game (the content.txt associates file-name with HASH)
- do NOT unzip and drag'n'drop the images if images are NOT named: *_0X***HASH***.dds

Godwin

Ok just tried it again from step 1, same thing still.
This is my .dds file: http://www.filedropper.com/christieredhair
It makes Christie's hair red.

For some reason after exporting it's 4 MB while the source file is 1.3-ish MB and I just altered some colors, but I guess that's not the problem?
After I was done I select export and export to a dds file, using the plugin for GIMP. (Using GIMP 2 by the way).

If anyone can help me it's greatly appreciated, thanks advance! :)

Godwin

seems something is corrupted.

- if you have a zip-file with images and content.txt included, just drag'n'drop the zip file to uMod/game (the content.txt associates file-name with HASH)
- do NOT unzip and drag'n'drop the images if images are NOT named: *_0X***HASH***.dds
Ah thanks Freenk, not sure what you mean with zip-file? I wanted to start easy so I just modified a single .dds

Freenk

oh okay, thought you want to use a downloaded package.
if you are modifying the texture yourself, make sure they are named 100% like the orignal exported texture!

little more hint, maybe it's a "gimp dds-export problem"...

- alter your image
- save as 32bit tga with alpha, 24bit tga without alpha
- open tga with paint.net
- save as DDS DXT5 with alpha, DXT1 without alpha

doing this with my photoshop edits, and worked with every dds so far.
just make sure, you keep the original filename!!!

synce

There are two ways to make "remove the skirt" (hehe yes I see what you want to do, you pantsu perv XP)
One : Make it transparent
two : remove it totally.

I don't know how the second method work on PC, but it's different from adding transparency. I guess you have to put "00" on the right files of the texture.
I think a modder already did that on Gamevixen. Go check the thread "Kasumi mini skirt".
(Won't make a link as this site is not safe for work)

Oh cool thanks. This actually works on Kasumi's sailorfuku for some reason, but not Ayane's :confused:

Last edited:

Freenk

yep, I see, there is another texture to change this... maybe its the face-texture, because this one has hairs painted on the head

Kronin

@Tina2040_ Great job with your Smackdown mod, everything works pretty fine! The only "problem" that I can make notice is that applying the mod even the lights on the first floor of the Scramble stage appear now blue (not sure if this happened even in other levels), however nothing so bad =)
2015-04-06_00003.jpg

So happy I can finally give P4 the hair I always wanted ;_;

View attachment 9785

Storm from X-men is here! xD

Storm

So I like the WWE mod but as you stated it wreaks havoc with my game when using sweetfx/enb. How does one uninstall it?

synce

Couple observations... I finally managed to turn the sweat white, but it still looks like sweat so it's basically impossible to make it white. Closest I got was yellow lol

yellow.jpg

And I tried turning Bass into Al Snow but that's also impossible since he only has half a forehead texture :/

AlSnow_1.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD