Texture Editing (PC)

Icarus

Little request here, for anyone that wishes to do it.

Lee´s DOA2/U C5 (black suit, black shoes, red shirt and grey tie)
74px-0,97,0,167-DOA2U_Jann_C5.png

Should be simple since it would just be a recolor of his C6 :)

I'll do it. I didn't really like the one I made since it's not that big of a difference. I'll have to replace the white suit in the first pack though.

PX80

View attachment 10288 View attachment 10289 View attachment 10290 View attachment 10291
Here are the mods that I have made so far. You can download them from my OneDrive here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=bf9b584fdf30de3b!2183&authkey=!AOfhrd__5YNc_fI&ithint=folder%2c7z

There are also more screenshots of the mods there if you would like to look at them.
All screenshots were taken with SweetFX on so colors my slightly vary depending on your setup if you so choose to try them. As you can see there are 4 costume mods and 1 stage mod, feel free to give them a try if you want.

Here is how you install the mods.

1, Download and install GeDoSaTo. http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582
2, After you have installed GeDoSaTo put the Game/Override folder into Gedosato's Texture folder.
3, In GedoSaTo click on the User Whitelist button. Type in the word “game” (don't include quotation marks.) in the Whitelist and SAVE. (game is the name of DOA's executable.”
4, Click on the Edit Setting button and find the option “enableTextureOverride” and change false to true then save.

If you have other mods that use Umod, GeDoSaTo and Umod can run at the same time. Use Umod just as you normally would.

love helena in her new outfit! very well done

I was having a look at face textures today, they still confuse me a little though. They don't really seem to use normal maps on the faces but it's weird because I have seen the face normal maps, unless they made them but found it made the skin look too rough and never actually used them. People also make the assumption alpha = spec but on the skin shader I'm not so sure I kind of suspect it drives more skin related properties than just specularity.
65FAC20B7F0CA4C4B3822EE8B0F53D7B15336FE2

Is it possible to make high-res sweat ?
Technically it's easy. The problem is I have absolutely no idea how to get high resolution pictures of sweat running over skin. I don't feel it's possible paint convincing water streaks by hand. I think team ninja may have used softimages fluid simulations to generate them but I'm not 100% sure. It's possible they just threw liquids at a surface or actor and took lot's of photos with a DSLR.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I tried modeling Ayane a while ago. I wanted to see what she would look like with more realistic facial anatomy. But it became an endless task, I would change one minor feature and be unable to decide which version was better. The DoA5 models weren't that much different to the one I built in the end. It was only really the DoA5 jaws and noses that were much smaller than the realistic ones I made. I studied photos of japanese pop idols and pictures from japanese dentists to try and get a grasp of the anatomy.
M59aJEU.jpg

You actually made her face less realistic. It looks very artificial to me.

You actually made her face less realistic. It looks very artificial to me.
Yeah I know, I had the same feeling. I can never work out exactly why. I think it just triggers uncanny valley more and the closer you get to realistic shading the less your brain tolerates things like the lack of precise facial muscles. The cheeks and mouth are the worst, I haven't seen a good way of making those without mocap or complex muscle simulations. You could model the character with a specific facial expression but then you can never animate that model.

ChrisArmoun

I removed her eyeliner, can't decide if it suits her better.
ddcgW5t.jpg
I don't think it makes it any better or worse; just different. Personally I always love seeing a natural face on a woman. It's more appealing than layers of makeup, but it always comes down to preference. Did you hand paint the eyelid folds? If so are they on a separate layer?

Tina2040_

Lost World Arizona Beta Release

List of some changes:
  • No more plants / shrubbery
  • Absence of some fog and clouds
  • ALL GREENS removed - bushes, trees, the whole lot
  • Water removed from second level (Dry)
  • Harsh, warm desert textures
  • No more bright blue sky!
Please do test and enjoy! Feel free to take screens or videos.
Sorry for the lack of posting, university has caught up with me haha. Keep up the good work everyone!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/h7muzt

arizona.jpg

I don't think it makes it any better or worse; just different. Personally I always love seeing a natural face on a woman. It's more appealing than layers of makeup, but it always comes down to preference. Did you hand paint the eyelid folds? If so are they on a separate layer?
I built a high polygon face model, it's a pain to setup but once it's done you can paint anything you can think of in next to no time. You don't even need to paint skin folds by hand, you can just tell the 3d program to paint areas based on how concave or convex things are.

ChrisArmoun

I built a high polygon face model, it's a pain to setup but once it's done you can paint anything you can think of in next to no time. You don't even need to paint skin folds by hand, you can just tell the 3d program to paint areas based on how concave or convex things are.
If you did all that for this mod, you've really gonna above and beyond. I commend you on that. I plan to do some mesh mods but am still waiting for the game to be broken open. I'm just tooling ware on texture work as it stands

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD