Texture Editing (PC)

Kayseur

Not sure if it's been posted already? But I had a hard time finding them at first, so I thought I'd make a package with all of the discussed necessary tools to create custom DLC. Or at least it is from what I understood. I got them all working to extract everything, but I still don't quite get how to swap hair (Oh please Seppu, if you could explain... I've been craving for a long-haired Marie Rose for so long).

https://mega.co.nz/#!LcZ0WbDT!osFEFZzxoUkj7CMGLqOJNs-0rrPeK7JMVCvl4Qtw7tk

The one called "[TOOL] doa5pctools" is unecessary. I've already put it in Noesis's plugins but I left it there anyway.

And just because that's what I got after finally understanding what my problems were, here's my (unwanted) result.

GPNL6k7.jpg

mralex

Not sure if it's been posted already? But I had a hard time finding them at first, so I thought I'd make a package with all of the discussed necessary tools to create custom DLC. Or at least it is from what I understood. I got them all working to extract everything, but I still don't quite get how to swap hair (Oh please Seppu, if you could explain... I've been craving for a long-haired Marie Rose for so long).

The one called "[TOOL] doa5pctools" is unecessary. I've already put it in Noesis's plugins but I left it there anyway.

And just because that's what I got after finally understanding what my problems were, here's my (unwanted) result.

GPNL6k7.jpg

Ohhhhh great! So with this I can do phase 4 with alpha's movements ? Or phase 4 with kasumi costumes

Argentus

Autodesk is horrible, they bought up as much of the 3d industry as they could just so they could terminate development on as many competitors as possible. They bought softimage which team ninja and many japanese developers use and then killed it. 3dsmax is likely next on the Autodesk chopping block.
There's no point being emotional about 3d packages though, it's best to just use what ever is the best for each task at the time.
It sucks because Maya is a nightmare compared to Max. Maya is such a mess.

Xhominid The Demon Within

GPNL6k7.jpg

Well...
Marie Rose got chunky...but it still fits somehow...

Kayseur

It was late when I posted last night, so I went to bed right after. I'm going to answer a bit and do a tutorial-like thing, but no screenshot and you may have to guess some stuff.

Is it possible for character models to be increased or decreased in scale? Curious because of the chubby Marie rose :p
I guess we will be able to later. We can export models right now (though I haven't tried but Noesis allows it), we would have to convert them back to .tmc(l) files and it should work. Maybe we actually already can but I don't know how.

Ohhhhh great! So with this I can do phase 4 with alpha's movements ? Or phase 4 with kasumi costumes

Phase 4 with Kasumi, yes. Should work really well since they're clones. The easiest thing (or so I think) to do is give someone's costume to someone else. So you'd have to extract Kasumi's costumes from the DLC (still unsure how to extract from base costumes*) and give them to Phase 4. Phase with Alpha's (so Alpha with Phase appearance)? You need to extract the whole model and not just the costumes, but I guess it should be doable.
___

*Actually, I still haven't figured out how to extract anything that's not DLC costumes. Which means, no separate head and no separate hair. Seppu seems to have done it. Would be cool if you could tell us how?

Anyway, how to use all of that stuff.

- First, use DOA5LRArchivarius. You open the thing and click "open", choose a DLC.bin (like 354514.bin) from your DLC folders. You'll see a list. You can extract everything or just a couple, but everything is fine.
- Use Noesis to view .tmc files. That way you'll know which costumes you're actually meddling with. Optional if you want to go blind like me and end up with weird things.
- Texture Tool: similar to uMod in the sense that you extract... textures with it. Again, you extract them from the .tmc files of archivarius. You can mess with them and then swap them. Right click => swap and choose a .dds file *NOT TESTED yet but should work*
- Finally, use the DLC Tools to repack everything you've modified. Open it up, click "new", go to your DLC folder, put a name and save. (Don't create a folder, do it at the root or you'll have something like ./354514/354514/ instead of simply ./354514/ *that's where I got stuck for almost 30 minutes...)
- Add characters. If you can't see the add button, that's because the GUI is bad. Change your computer's res.
- Read the readme file. Everything's then explained inside.

Given how things work we should be able to share our custom mods really easily in the future, just sharing the DLC folder and adding them to steap_app.ini.

Edit:

@mralex

z9TBU0d.jpg

Last edited:

djlild7hina

Messed a bit. I didn't replace the models so there's a weird line on the neck so will have to properly replace the textures or figure out how to get rid of the line

Also DOA5LRArchivarius doesn't seem to extract everything correctly? some of them aren't labeled correctly or something so it's kind of hard to see what files they are. Tried to find Nyotengu's china dress in the newest dlc but could only found two of them. Will have to dig around some more.

6DT87w0.jpg

Seppu

Yo Seppa can you make a tutorial on how to use the DLC tool. Thanks
this is probably redundant now seeing as a tutorial is included with the tool that was posted, but here's the original post - http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=105162#p105162

as for swapping out hairs/faces, you can't pick and choose, but i found each character can have up to 9 nearby options (any more will crash the game). for example, brad's face 7 is bayman's, so you could also swap in a bayman costume if you wanted to play as a drunk bayman

most characters by default have their face and hair set to 1, the exceptions being rig, zack and raidou having hair 0, and hayabusa having face 0 and hair 0, this is because he doesn't have separate meshes for his face and hair as they are both included onto his body. bear in mind when swapping faces/bodies, it will still use the old characters bones, so you can get some nasty stretching or deformation in some cases

here are a few examples of things i've been messing around with:

alpha.png

lisa, hair 6 face 4

ein.png

tina, hair 8 face 6

hayabusa.png

brad, hair 0 face 0. as i mentioned before, hayabusa's head is included with his body, so this could be anyone

test.png

eliot, hair 0 face 0. every character has a test mesh like this

there are plenty of other combinations too, just mess with the numbers. rachel as jacky, hayabusa as gen fu, zack as jann lee, phase-4 as nyotengu, etc...

mralex

this is probably redundant now seeing as a tutorial is included with the tool that was posted, but here's the original post - http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=105162#p105162

as for swapping out hairs/faces, you can't pick and choose, but i found each character can have up to 9 nearby options (any more will crash the game). for example, brad's face 7 is bayman's, so you could also swap in a bayman costume if you wanted to play as a drunk bayman

most characters by default have their face and hair set to 1, the exceptions being rig, zack and raidou having hair 0, and hayabusa having face 0 and hair 0, this is because he doesn't have separate meshes for his face and hair as they are both included onto his body. bear in mind when swapping faces/bodies, it will still use the old characters bones, so you can get some nasty stretching or deformation in some cases

here are a few examples of things i've been messing around with:

View attachment 10432
lisa, hair 6 face 4

View attachment 10433
tina, hair 8 face 6

View attachment 10434
brad, hair 0 face 0. as i mentioned before, hayabusa's head is included with his body, so this could be anyone

View attachment 10435
eliot, hair 0 face 0. every character has a test mesh like this

there are plenty of other combinations too, just mess with the numbers. rachel as jacky, hayabusa as gen fu, zack as jann lee, phase-4 as nyotengu, etc...

So with that tool i can make the final phase 4 of the history with the original phase 4, would be "Dark Phase 4" (?

C3S4RFC

Is there a possibility that the effect of the blows of another color is not as transparent?

Attachments

• doa51.jpg
    doa51.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 391
  • doa52.jpg
    doa52.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 398

C3S4RFC

For people who love bubbies.. me included :) , a trick in the game

At the start, you have only 3 breast settings.( "Off", "Natural" and "DOA").
"Off" - breast not moving
"Natural" - moving like is real breast
"DOA" - Very strong breast moves

But, game have secret motion, "OMG" (or ULTRA).
You need open 10 girls' losing poses (in Menu EXTRAS/VIDEOS) to unlock breast motion option in the menu. And you get see, why it have name OMG.
"OMG" - breast moving like hurricane on girls and nobody know when it stop.

Thanks a Gidrophazatron for the trick

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD