Texture Editing (PC)

WisperG

DOA1_Kasumi_C6_Sat.png
DOAD_Kasumi_c3.jpg

I meant in that specific outfit, which he claimed was from DOA2.

synce

So uh... has anyone attempted to change out any of girls' bodies with Marie's? I'm wondering if there would be issues with the neck size and if there's any way to fix that

Icarus

No matter what I do, I can not swap anything with anything. I did manage to get as far as getting the box to appear in game, but it was an endless load. And when I tried to fix it, the box disappeared. I don't know what I'm doing. The tutorial is too bland for a large process. Does it matter if I make a new DLC, or do I need to modify an existing one? Other than viewing models, what's the point of extracting the contents of the bin files? Why does it say I can not swap anything when using the archive? They say use the DLC tool, but it doesn't work. I press new like they say to, name the file, I set everything up properly as far as I understand. I don't really get the adding files part. Do I have to rename them? Because I did. It says a minimum of 4 files. I don't have 4 files for what I want to swap out. What should the numbers in the hair/costume slot be? It says 5-9 works for males for the costume and from previous posts, depending on the character 0-1 is for hair. My game IS cracked. Someone please help.
90f0ff1571.png

Goshtic

You've just set the bar higher for Dead or Alive 6, thank you!

If TN can't make a better looking DoA6 than the modded version of DoA5LR, they'll be mocked at, bahaha!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Try using release r51. All the hiccups disappeared once I downgraded to it. I can now run uMod with all my mods at 4k with no hiccups or hitching at round startup. I can even run it in tandem with SweetFX and GemFX (r53 will frequently crash on startup if in windowed mode)

I'm running 51 due to those suggestions, it still causes hiccups.
"Any easy way to run texture mods? uMod seems to cause a hiccup every so often typically at the start of a fight for 2 seconds."

I had severe performance problems with the latest revision 53 so I went back to rev 49 which is the latest "featured" release. I get minor hiccups at character select on Hitomi because I am loading so many textures (48 so far just for Hitomi) but once in game I see no stutter. Also when I had the textures running from a SSD there was almost no stutter so I think its partially a loading issue. This could be VRAM dependent and overall hardware dependent in general.

In short, The 2 biggest helps for me were in order of effectiveness switching to rev49 and using a SSD.

Some more small texture improvements: stage texture (cleaned up and added canvas texture and some scratches), some beach textures (sand, rock wall and rock surfaces de-pixelated when up close for a clean look and some added stone detail but nothing drastic that would change the art direction)

I will have to try r49 then. Also, my textures (and uMod) are also on an SSD. Also, I imagine HD-ing all of the Male costumes you would still spend less time than you did on all of Hitomi's costumes.

mralex

Only i can change the kasumi's hair because the costume has the hair inclued, i "erase" her hair put 0 in the part of hairstyles

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 357
Some progress updates with Hitomi textures almost all out fits done, including a b c d variants, (I went back and reworked the denim and Karate Gi from my first versions) and I am working on an HD forest level, that keeps the autumn leaves.

You, sir, are a credit to the Master Race!!!

I personally recommend/request you take up Kasumi after Hitomi.

I so LOVE what you've done here.

mralex

That's just Marie with Kasumi's hair isn't it? I mean can you keep Kasumi's head but give her Marie's body :)

The hair varies from 1 to 9 , is random for each character, for example tina has random the jan lee's and ein's hair, Marie has the kasumi's hair and kasumi has the helena's hair

For now this is the only way to change hairstyles :/

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 357

Kayseur

No matter what I do, I can not swap anything with anything. I did manage to get as far as getting the box to appear in game, but it was an endless load. And when I tried to fix it, the box disappeared. I don't know what I'm doing. The tutorial is too bland for a large process. Does it matter if I make a new DLC, or do I need to modify an existing one? Other than viewing models, what's the point of extracting the contents of the bin files? Why does it say I can not swap anything when using the archive? They say use the DLC tool, but it doesn't work. I press new like they say to, name the file, I set everything up properly as far as I understand. I don't really get the adding files part. Do I have to rename them? Because I did. It says a minimum of 4 files. I don't have 4 files for what I want to swap out. What should the numbers in the hair/costume slot be? It says 5-9 works for males for the costume and from previous posts, depending on the character 0-1 is for hair. My game IS cracked. Someone please help.
90f0ff1571.png

From what I'm seeing, you almost did everything right.
The point of extracting .bin files is to get the TMC, C, P and TMCL files that are contained inside. The ones you use with the DLC tool.
BUT you *do* need 4 files. You said you got an endless load, I ran into that as well. That's because you lack the --c and --p file, and the reason for that is because you used a RTM model. This is a sub-character model.

Just use the --c and --p files from another of Genfu's costumes, the wrong icons will appear in game but it should work. That's what I did for Miyako.

Brute

Standard Donor
Need cracked exes to have model swaps? That's a bummer, since it basically sets you up to fail once online is (hopefully) implemented.

Need cracked exes to have model swaps? That's a bummer, since it basically sets you up to fail once online is (hopefully) implemented.
I swapped DLC ones without any trouble but I think I read the faces and non-dlc costumes have a checksum hardcoded into the exe that terminates the program if they don't match.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's actually easier to mod the uncracked steam version provided you bought at least 1 dlc pack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brute

Standard Donor
I swapped DLC ones without any trouble but I think I read the faces and non-dlc costumes have a checksum hardcoded into the exe that terminates the program if they don't match.
Oh hm. That is interesting, and not entirely efficient.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's actually easier to mod the uncracked steam version provided you bought at least 1 dlc pack.
Alas, that won't happen until KT gets their head out of their inflated ass and slap a somewhat reasonable price tag on them.

Sythion

Oh hm. That is interesting, and not entirely efficient.

Alas, that won't happen until KT gets their head out of their inflated ass and slap a somewhat reasonable price tag on them.

If you have the preorder DLC, then that will probably work too.

gamemaster14

I know in DOA3, Kasumi and Ayane had compatible face textures, has anyone tried swapping their heads to see if the neck size is the same?

Also, do these latest developments eliminate the need for umod? (IE: being able to directly inject character and stage textures and not needing to run a program to do it in real time)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD