Texture Editing (PC)

C3S4RFC

@gamemaster14 @The Enforcer

Gamemaster14 even if I don't use them I found the tools about you were talking on external forums, however I'm not completely sure if such files are allowed to be posted here: if the moderators think that such contents go against the rules of the forum be free to edit/delete the post.

I report the exact post:

DOA5LRARCHIVARIUS
Data unpacker for DOA5LR. Works for DLC and generic game files. Must install Python to use!
http://a.pomf.se/wgjkeb.7z

DLC TOOL
This is used for repacking extracted TMC etc. files into faux DLC packs. Needs .Net framework and the UI fucks up at higher monitor DPi so set it to normal if you can't see buttons like "Add"!
http://a.pomf.se/ubbjmz.7z

TEXTURE TOOL

Lets you swap textures or extract them for modding from TMC files.
http://a.pomf.se/jlyufk.7z

DOA5PCTOOLS
Plugin for Noesis, a program that will let you view the models from their TMC files. So you're not going in blind. It will also let you export to formats compatible with modeling programs!
http://a.pomf.se/bsrkug.7z

Also I don't know how to use them, so I've no tutorial only the download links.

EDIT: I just found a sort of tutorial, credit goes to the user bbb from zetaboards

I started off by running the doa5LRarchivarius. I clicked open bin/ink and chose the chara_common.bin file in doa's main directory. I then proceeded to extract her costume 9 files which is 011 by file name. I extracted all the files that were 011

QMaJqqi.jpg

I then ran the texture tool opening the HITOMI_COS_011.TMC file, and proceeded to extract, edit and re inject my textures, then clicked save. I repeated this again for another costume. I then renamed all the 011 files to 043 and 044.

3POt7BH.jpg

I then ran the DLC tool. I clicked the new button, and it asked me for a bcm file, i copied your swimwear folder and renamed it all to 420693 and chose the bcm from that. I then clicked the add button under characters and added hitomi twice. I then clicked the add button under hairstyles giving her up to D. I clicked on each hair style and typed a hair number for each of them giving her her main 3, plus the bandana hair. in character slot, I typed 38 for the first one, and 39 for the second one since in your swimwear pack, your hitomi ended with 37. Then under files, I clicked add and chose all the renamed files for both costumes and clicked save.

iG8MKgx.jpg

tlmKrvJ.jpg

that created a 420693 folder within the 420693 folder, so I just cut that folder, and pasted it in the DLC folder.

ran the game and it worked but was missing icons which is seen in the pictures robhal posted. I am assuming there is another file I am supposed to copy and add to the custom DLC, but having no luck finding it.

This is the final outcome:

6FUQiba.jpg

QQxcjA3.jpg

other issues I have encountered is that when I try to open the underwear options for the costumes, the save button is greyed out and unable to save my changes

DvO8fpa.jpg

also, despite adding in the underwear option files in the dlc, the detail is still crossed out in the select screen.

another issue I have encountered is an error trying to re inject something into chara_common.bin with doa5LRarchivarius. I wanted to change some hair colours, so I extracted the hair files, edited them and injected them with the texture tool, but when trying to inject it back in chara_common.bin with doa5LRarchivarius, I get this error message

0DSsrqw.jpg

I am uncertain which files its referring to. This error message only comes up with certain things in the chara_common.bin. the ones that don't get that message gives me the option to choose something to inject and gives me this pop up when choosing a file

Aiqfzs0.jpg

I cant locate the files its telling me to back up, but I just click yes anyways and the doa5LRarchivarius just closes without doing any change.

This last one isn't an issue, but a curiosity. since there were dlc characters for doau, would it be possible to add faux dlc characters? my original idea of my mod was not to have it as a hitomi costume, but as her own separate character in the select screen with her own hair styles and what not.

There a new version of Texture Tool (version 1.0), save now works for --h/--p files (underwear costumes / slot costume icon)
Download: http://rghost.net/private/7gLDNKRql/6dc537cda2f9deb21841e603ef1ea696

Last edited:

Blash

I did a bit of searching last night before sleep and found the following corresponding numbers for hairstyles:
789=21 567=55 678=166 456=200
Will update with more if I find them. Here's a few I found for Tina that I'll be including as an option in all my DLC options
View attachment 10722
Wow! Tina Really looses a lot of her visual character when you swap her hair that extremely. Interesting!

mralex

In a page, I find this list of compatibles hair:

hitomi - 1,2,4,5,(2 is bonus bandana)
kokoro - 1,2,3,4,5
helena - 1,2,4
lisa - 1,4
tina - 1,4
rachel - 1,2
momiji - 1,2
kasumi - 1,3,4,5,6
ayane - 1,3,4,5
mila - 1,4 (faces - 1 = normal, 2 = bandaid)
lei fang - 1,2,4,5,(6 is bonus red ribbon pigtails)
christie - 1,3,6
marie rose - 1,2,3
honoka - 1
phase 4 - 1,2,3
alpha 152 - 1,2
Nyotengu - 1,2,3,4,5
pai - 1,2
sarah 1

for hair swaps, here is a list (incomplete)

hitomi - (7 bayman - bad / 23 momiji short / 34 kasumi long)
kokoro - (8 ein - bad)
helena - (6,7 leon - bad / 9 bass - bad)
lisa - (9 brad - almost perfect / 6,7 kasumi - no texture)
tina - (8 ein / 6 jan - almost perfect)
rachel - (4 jacky / 6 marie- bad / 7 marie - bad / 8 marie - bad)
momiji - (4 rachel - bad / 5 rachel - bad / 7 jacky - bad / 9 - marie bad)
kasumi - (9 gen fu - bad / 12 helena / 34 leifang / 67 christie / 89 pai)
ayane - (9 eliot / 7,8 eliot - bad)
mila - (6 jann - almost perfect / 8 sarah - almost perfect)
lei fang - (8 ayane - almost perfect / 9 ayane - bad)
christie - (8 hitomi - bad / 9 hitomi - bad)
marie rose - (5 kasumi / 6 kasumi / 7 kasumi)
honoka - (4 zack head - bad / 6,7 christie head - bad / 9 jann head - bad)
phase 4 - (6 Nyotengu / 7 Nyotengu / 8 Nyotengu / 9 Nyotengu)
alpha 152 - (4,5 ein - crash / 6 helena - crash / 8,9 christie - crash)
Nyotengu - (8 honaka - bad)
pai - (4 momiji / 5 momiji / 7 rachel - bad / 8 rachel - almost perfect)

sarah - (3 pai / 4 pai / 6 momiji / 7 momiji / 9 rachel - bad)
Is possible swap Alpha 152? In DLC Tool doesn't appears :/

The Enforcer

Can any of these new costumes or costume swaps be made into an XPS file?

Probably not at the moment since there is no PC importer. If people converted the changes to 360 or something, it would be possible.

------

Was there a posted tutorial on the hair swap ordeal, or are people just trying random numbers?

I'm surprised that other numbers are working above the designated hairstyles for each character which are easily visible in archivarius.

xDevious

Standard Donor
Was there a posted tutorial on the hair swap ordeal, or are people just trying random numbers?

I think this might be what you're asking for.

In a page, I find this list of compatibles hair:

hitomi - 1,2,4,5,(2 is bonus bandana)
kokoro - 1,2,3,4,5
helena - 1,2,4
lisa - 1,4
tina - 1,4
rachel - 1,2
momiji - 1,2
kasumi - 1,3,4,5,6
ayane - 1,3,4,5
mila - 1,4 (faces - 1 = normal, 2 = bandaid)
lei fang - 1,2,4,5,(6 is bonus red ribbon pigtails)
christie - 1,3,6
marie rose - 1,2,3
honoka - 1
phase 4 - 1,2,3
alpha 152 - 1,2
Nyotengu - 1,2,3,4,5
pai - 1,2
sarah 1

for hair swaps, here is a list (incomplete)

hitomi - (7 bayman - bad / 23 momiji short / 34 kasumi long)
kokoro - (8 ein - bad)
helena - (6,7 leon - bad / 9 bass - bad)
lisa - (9 brad - almost perfect / 6,7 kasumi - no texture)
tina - (8 ein / 6 jan - almost perfect)
rachel - (4 jacky / 6 marie- bad / 7 marie - bad / 8 marie - bad)
momiji - (4 rachel - bad / 5 rachel - bad / 7 jacky - bad / 9 - marie bad)
kasumi - (9 gen fu - bad / 12 helena / 34 leifang / 67 christie / 89 pai)
ayane - (9 eliot / 7,8 eliot - bad)
mila - (6 jann - almost perfect / 8 sarah - almost perfect)
lei fang - (8 ayane - almost perfect / 9 ayane - bad)
christie - (8 hitomi - bad / 9 hitomi - bad)
marie rose - (5 kasumi / 6 kasumi / 7 kasumi)
honoka - (4 zack head - bad / 6,7 christie head - bad / 9 jann head - bad)
phase 4 - (6 Nyotengu / 7 Nyotengu / 8 Nyotengu / 9 Nyotengu)
alpha 152 - (4,5 ein - crash / 6 helena - crash / 8,9 christie - crash)
Nyotengu - (8 honaka - bad)
pai - (4 momiji / 5 momiji / 7 rachel - bad / 8 rachel - almost perfect)
sarah - (3 pai / 4 pai / 6 momiji / 7 momiji / 9 rachel - bad)

xDevious

Standard Donor
Thanks, no, I saw that. I was just wondering if I was misunderstanding the process... As in are people just trying values in the DLC Tool, or is that all there is?
Oh, okay, I misunderstood, then, lol. I'm pretty sure people just type in random values. If there is anyone with a tutorial, they have not shared it yet anyway.

mralex

Kasumi Mario is in the game!

Now i wanna do ayane like luigi

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 564

The Enforcer

There isn't much reason to bring drama from another forum into this one.

I find it interesting that people there are on the right track, but at the same time doing it the long way. XD I saw a script on xentax for what they're trying to do manually.

Icarus

There isn't much reason to bring drama from another forum into this one.

I find it interesting that people there are on the right track, but at the same time doing it the long way. XD I saw a script on xentax for what they're trying to do manually.

Bet. I would be on the right track, but I don't want to download a DOA5 ISO.

JonnyTwoDelta

Let's add a little drama to the equation. Every forum has them.
You do come across as a little difficult to like. It'd be easier to like you if you released mods that you say you're working on, instead of teasing us then spending the next few days posting pics and videos of stuff that's both unrelated to your project and unrelated to the thread. Please forgive me for being candid.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD