Texture Editing (PC)

Icarus

You do come across as a little difficult to like. It'd be easier to like you if you released mods that you say you're working on, instead of teasing us then spending the next few days posting pics and videos of stuff that's both unrelated to your project and unrelated to the thread. Please forgive me for being candid.

I'm not here for you to like me. I don't care if you like me or not. In the end, you're either going to approve or disapprove what I share.

"Make it easier to like you if you released mods"

Who are you kidding? Ask Naughty Dog to Release Uncharted 4 in December like they were going to originally. See how far you get. I bet they'll care if you like them or not persuading them to release it early.

Last edited:
I tried to make normal maps. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I have an alpha channel. How do I need to save it for it to look correct?
I believe normal maps are very sensitive to the compression type. I think DXT1 with no alpha is the correct one for DoA5. 3Dc seems to work as well but I think the engine perceives the extra data as a desaturated normal map though it might be useful for completely custom normal maps.

Lei-Fang

Indeed. I just put Kasumi's skin on Ayane's (that sounds weird, right ?).
That was easy as their faces are pretty much identical ;)

ChrisArmoun

I managed to remove the ribbons from Marie's C2!! Now I'm debating if I should redo the texture as I'll be included this as a separate costume slot in my dlc pack so you won't need uMod
MarieNoRibbon.jpg

Kronin

I managed to remove the ribbons from Marie's C2!! Now I'm debating if I should redo the texture as I'll be included this as a separate costume slot in my dlc pack so you won't need uMod
View attachment 10755

Honestly I loved the idea of Marie Rose as Asuka and so I would like an improvement for this outfit, btw I'm pretty sure that you made already a great effort for the DLC pack, so if you prefer to not care about it I think that no one can say something against =)

Punchdrunkpunx

I'm trying to find a way to edit the colours of the sweat textures. I saw someone had done it in post #207, but I cant access the .dds to edit from that persons mod after downloading it. I've tried converting the textures to .png and even tried simple .dds editing programs but nothing will work on the files.
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please

ChrisArmoun

I've decided to create a unique outfit to a few of the girls in this pack. Marie as Asuka has already been shown. Not all will be cosplay, many will just be unique textures or color schemes. Just depends on how many ideas I come up with and how long it takes me. Here's a a preview of one. Not sure who it is though...
Hmmm1.jpg

Jadeinchains

I've decided to create a unique outfit to a few of the girls in this pack. Marie as Asuka has already been shown. Not all will be cosplay, many will just be unique textures or color schemes. Just depends on how many ideas I come up with and how long it takes me. Here's a a preview of one. Not sure who it is though...
View attachment 10762

Looks like it could be Tifa.

Blash

View attachment 10762
Very Advent Children looking, AWESOME! :)

I'm trying to find a way to edit the colours of the sweat textures. I saw someone had done it in post #207, but I cant access the .dds to edit from that persons mod after downloading it. I've tried converting the textures to .png and even tried simple .dds editing programs but nothing will work on the files.
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please
They're not hard to edit but there's a couple of things to consider. The alpha channel controls how glossy it is, if your image editor displays alpha as transparency it's confusing and impossible to edit. Secondly I think it multiplies the texture over the skin base texture, anything you put in the sweat color texture will darken everything.

I find the sweat/liquid system very amusing. With a little scripting you could make the engine do all kinds of crazy dynamic liquid effects but the PS3 probably lacked the ram to store a bunch of specialized textures for level specific mud, water and rain etc.
455F091F6C92DE2DACBF35B6AFA75ED1C3B8A32F

A4C7348D656A1DCC6217A7539D7B405299FDD4A6

TheRealCoxinator

They're not hard to edit but there's a couple of things to consider. The alpha channel controls how glossy it is, if your image editor displays alpha as transparency it's confusing and impossible to edit. Secondly I think it multiplies the texture over the skin base texture, anything you put in the sweat color texture will darken everything.

I find the sweat/liquid system very amusing. With a little scripting you could make the engine do all kinds of crazy dynamic liquid effects but the PS3 probably lacked the ram to store a bunch of specialized textures for level specific mud, water and rain etc.
455F091F6C92DE2DACBF35B6AFA75ED1C3B8A32F

A4C7348D656A1DCC6217A7539D7B405299FDD4A6
I like the icecream effect but Kasumi looks like she just fell into a steamy shit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD