Texture Editing (PC)

Ooobe

"new layer from visible 8 or 9 times" I do the same thing for skin textures, so by reducing the visibility to 25% does this bring the skin back to it's original looking texture, because you know that when doing the "new layer from visible" process and using that texture only, no visibility reducing, the skin looks like plastic and shiny in game
That is correct. As I mentioned though, you should reduce visibility and then produce a new layer from that to export. If you export the layer with the visibility set to something less than 100, it will export the fully opaque layer without regard for the opacity setting. If you make a new layer from the partially transparent one, that will be considered 100% opaque, even though it's 75% transparent.

typing_wasted

Any quick pointers how to remove that fake face shadowing (in GIMP). I really suck at editing. Asking because I was just replacing Honoka's face texture with Nyotengu's and I personally like how it looks:

honten.jpg

except two probs: Nyotengu has the fake shadow on forehead & ears area that's apparent when you paste it to Honoka. There's also a slight skin color difference on the neck (of course) but I can live with that.

Or if someone is in the mood to help me (just maybe), here's the original texture (Honoka's too for reference)
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/aa126196e1/

C3S4RFC

hello.
i still did not solve the problem.

1. work
1-png.11260

2. work

2-png.11261

3. work
3-png.11262

4. work
4-png.11263

5. work
5-png.11264

6. work
6-png.11265

7. work
7-png.11266
i create a new layer and, i delete the skirt texture. (in alpha map)
if, i delete a texture from the layers, skirt is changed to black.
however, there was no change.
what is the problem? i was worried, but, i could not solve. help me. T 0 T)

ayane tmc file original
http://www.freestepdodge.com/attach...7/?temp_hash=53468fdc92b0807b65cb9ff9e6aa2b5f

ayane problem file.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/attach...8/?temp_hash=53468fdc92b0807b65cb9ff9e6aa2b5f

Thanks a @LSC tutorial about transparency, could solve this issue:

Captura1.JPG

Attachments

• AYANE less skirt.rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 324

C3S4RFC

oh! got! thank you! C3S4RFC!

I would like to know how. However, I do not know.

With hex editing you could change the transparency type of a object.
It let to use a DXT5 file (with alpha layer) instead of a DXT1 (without alpha layer)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 02.png
    02.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 314

ChrisArmoun

I'd like to do her face too but he only female with a full face UV is Mila and her fighting style doesn't fit. So far I'm experimenting on it with Momiji and Pai. No one can match Baiken's style but those two seem to match the appearance and flow of the outfit so far

Last edited:

Tina2040_

So is it possible to keep her hairstyle but just without the hat? Like that costume has a different hairstyle. Is it attached to the hat as a mesh or?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD