DOA5LR TGS interviews

Xhominid The Demon Within

I greatly appreciate translating that interview. Still, it leaves me... upset. Team Ninja has completely discarded "I'm a Fighter" and is back to "I'm a Pervert." And the fact that we're getting yet another girl we've never heard of doesn't make me very happy. Still, I'm glad there's at least one guy coming back we'll (hopefully) like.

You know, I wanted to say this for awhile...but fuck it, I'll just say it anyway:

That was just a marketing slogan, get the hell over it. There's a reason they never used that slogan after DOA5U launched and if anything, the people coming in STILL outweighs those who are that turned off by the fanservice to begin with. You are really like one of those people who whines and complains when games like TERA dare to continue on with fanservice outfits at their own pace rather than following what certain people states they want(mainly a few people or so act like the majority).

I'm not saying there should be only fanservice outfits or any such shit about it, I'm mainly saying that if you are gonna continue this fucking pity party, you might as well leave this game and play...well...Street Fighter...the females usually get shitty costumes whenever Capcom even makes them so there's that...

If this seems mean, I couldn't attend a Game Night with my friends on the 2 days Eve of my Birthday on account of my brother not being able to give me a ride for bullshit reasons...so I'm pretty venomous and will be for the next few days...

werewolfgold

That was just a marketing slogan, get the hell over it. There's a reason they never used that slogan after DOA5U launched
*cough*
10661894_585746404862782_4354447102961646358_o.png

Do I also need to mention what the game's Facebook profile picture is currently? There is no "was". It is still being actively used.

I'm not saying there should be only fanservice outfits or any such shit about it, I'm mainly saying that if you are gonna continue this fucking pity party, you might as well leave this game and play...well...Street Fighter...the females usually get shitty costumes whenever Capcom even makes them so there's that...
At this point..., yeah. That's what I'd tell people, too. Forget about the game. Play something else. You shouldn't have to, but...I don't think they're going to change or listen. They likely have no reason to. So..., stop giving them money. If they're not going to give you what you want, then stop supporting them. Depending on how lame/spectacular LR turns out to be, that might be where I'm headed. (I'll likely still stick around here because you all are greatly entertaining. ;))

Not all of the costumes released for SF4 have sucked though. lol

*cough*
10661894_585746404862782_4354447102961646358_o.png

Do I also need to mention what the game's Facebook profile picture is currently? There is no "was". It is still being actively used.

Just because they are still using it doesn't mean it still matters to those in the know. Them gearing with fanservice still for more cash is more of just making money, sure it's a sleazy way to do it, but if it's successful and allows them to actually MAKE characters like Marie Rose to begin with, alls fucking right with the world(Don't like, don't buy still applies with all DLC costumes).

At this point..., yeah. That's what I'd tell people, too. Forget about the game. Play something else. You shouldn't have to, but...I don't think they're going to change or listen. They likely have no reason to. So..., stop giving them money. If they're not going to give you what you want, then stop supporting them. Depending on how lame/spectacular LR turns out to be, that might be where I'm headed. (I'll likely still stick around here because you all are greatly entertaining. ;))

Not all of the costumes released for SF4 have sucked though. lol

I agree with your statement, the bitching is losing all meaning and I guess because of my disappointment over not hanging out with my friends is REALLY turning me jaded over people complaining about costumes and keep doing the same goddamned song and dance about it. Either don't buy them, continue telling TN to do something different or stop supporting them, none of that is so fucking hard to be frank(And I wouldn't have to subjected to this EVERY. DAMN. DLC. REVEAL!

And yeah, I know not all the costumes for SF4 are terrible, but you have to agree the grand majority is just plain shit.

Answers are in bold.

Kronin

^ According to wikipedia DOA5U had 230 costumes, so I guess they're bundling their 70 worst selling ones (ie, no bikinis etc)

The demo version at TGS showned all the outfits in 5U disc, + the missing ones from DoA5 and 5+ in the 81 outfits pack (so bikini included) + the basic ones for Marie Rose, Nyotengu and Phase-4, + Tyaren's and Axel's designs.

So far they are 334.

I read somewhere that they're considering offering an upgrade option to 5U owners. It was apparently said during the madcatz stream but I must've not heard it. Sometimes commentators were talking over TN

This would be pretty interesting.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
He's referring to tech roll the explosion, which is something that was always possible in the Danger Zone area of all DOA1 stages.
That's already in the game though; I have no issue with that. It's in the build that was playable at TGS. He specifically says they're considering "adding reversal element to it." Why would it be phrased like that if i's already possible to tech? I hope they're not adding some kind of counter-hold element to tech-rolling now...

---Can PS3 and PS4 play with each other?
Hayashi: Sorry, that kind of cross play cannot be done.
Except that other games can do it... but this is disappointing to hear nonetheless. Oh well.

Hopefully they'll at least get the netcode to be decent.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
while the phrasing is a bit odd do consider that's coming from a japanese interview and their language is so different from ours its difficult for perfect translations.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
That's already in the game though; I have no issue with that. It's in the build that was playable at TGS. He specifically says they're considering "adding reversal element to it." Why would it be phrased like that if i's already possible to tech? I hope they're not adding some kind of counter-hold element to tech-rolling now...

Except that other games can do it... but this is disappointing to hear nonetheless. Oh well.

Hopefully they'll at least get the netcode to be decent.

I'm assuming they're having trouble with crossplay due to performance consistency being different. Desync is an issue to consider.

Both 360 and PS3 versions have degrees of slowdown under certain circumstances. Xbone and PS4 on the other hand probably overkill the frame rate, even with the additional effects.

Leifang2000

= http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/tgs-interviews.4892/page-5#post-214895

while the phrasing is a bit odd do consider that's coming from a japanese interview and their language is so different from ours its difficult for perfect translations.

Yes, and I don't know why people consider my translation as what the exact wordings being said.
Plus as you pointed out already, the difficulty in translating, many wordings are not 100% the same meaning in English.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
He's referring to tech roll the explosion, which is something that was always possible in the Danger Zone area of all DOA1 stages.

The only difference I see between this stage and DOA1 is that Throws don't cause the opponent to pop back up if thrown into it, but that may just be move specific or a detail they haven't gotten around to setting up yet due to the early demo.

I do like the stage transition explosion and do not think that's techable.

Well, in case they do allow bounce on throws, based on DOA1, I know which throws cause bounce with Bass:

DOA1 :4::6::h: - DOA5 :4::h::+::P:
DOA1 TFBB
DOA1 BT Grizzly Launcher

Yeah, that would be funny after TFBB bounce.

synce

You know, I wanted to say this for awhile...but fuck it, I'll just say it anyway:

That was just a marketing slogan, get the hell over it. There's a reason they never used that slogan after DOA5U launched and if anything, the people coming in STILL outweighs those who are that turned off by the fanservice to begin with. You are really like one of those people who whines and complains when games like TERA dare to continue on with fanservice outfits at their own pace rather than following what certain people states they want(mainly a few people or so act like the majority).

If this seems mean, I couldn't attend a Game Night with my friends on the 2 days Eve of my Birthday on account of my brother not being able to give me a ride for bullshit reasons...so I'm pretty venomous and will be for the next few days...

Haha how can anyone insult SF's costumes? The game has 50 characters, each with unique body types and costumes that actually fit their personality, and the girls aren't treated like objects. Juri is not going to wear a maid costume in a fight because she's not there to please maid fetishists. Decapre's summer DLC isn't a thong because even a murderous clone has enough decency to leave something to the imagination. It's those kinds of design decisions that separate great characters from sex objects.

DOA today is like - want Kasumi to be a nurse for you? How about schoolgirl Tina? For $2 they're yours! It's basically a virtual whore house. The new TN just banks on impulse buys from horny teens, raking in millions with minimal effort and spending a few grand on publicity (eg. pot bonuses, the TFC thing, etc) pretending to care about the FGC. They are definitely very clever.

Anyway maybe it is pointless to keep ranting about this sort of stuff, as it's obvious Tecmo cares a lot about money. But it's disappointing that the new TN chose this path for DOA because series like Tekken, SF, MK, etc. have proven there are more legit ways to make money than banking on impulse buys from horny teens.

The one saving grace is that the path they chose has only one end, if you look at other examples like Idolmaster and Dream Club. Eventually the girls will be whored out so much that they're not making as much money from DLC, and it means they will have to introduce an entirely new cast. At that point they'll most likely go down the same path, but there's also a small chance things can turn around.

Haha how can anyone insult SF's costumes? The game has 50 characters, each with unique body types and costumes that actually fit their personality, and the girls aren't treated like objects. Juri is not going to wear a maid costume in a fight because she's not there to please maid fetishists. Decapre's summer DLC isn't a thong because even a murderous clone has enough decency to leave something to the imagination. It's those kinds of design decisions that separate great characters from sex objects.

That's a nice circlejerk there boss...why should costumes oh so suddenly matter and somehow make them sluts but SF's females somehow get away because? Fanservice exists in all games and SF is just as guilty as any other fighting game, whether they choose to indulge themselves with costumes or not.

DOA today is like - want Kasumi to be a nurse for you? How about schoolgirl Tina? For $2 they're yours! It's basically a virtual whore house. The new TN just banks on impulse buys from horny teens, raking in millions with minimal effort and spending a few grand on publicity (eg. pot bonuses, the TFC thing, etc) pretending to care about the FGC. They are definitely very clever
Yeah, Capcom doesn't do the same thing with plenty of ridiculous expansion pack sequels before DOA was even a thing even when it really didn't need to, nor nickel and diming with DLC you need to even have a damn ending, let alone things that are not actually on the freaking disc.
And the DLC costumes are just that, costumes. Trying to use them to force the identity on the characters is as stupid as me saying that Decapre wearing a bikini IS what Bison would let her wear or something she wants to wear(oh hey, I guess Decapre somehow finds that Gladiator outfit to somehow be efficient and Bison didn't give a shit)

Anyway maybe it is pointless to keep ranting about this sort of stuff, as it's obvious Tecmo cares a lot about money. But it's disappointing that the new TN chose this path for DOA because series like Tekken, SF, MK, etc. have proven there are more legit ways to make money than banking on impulse buys from horny teens
Yeah, there's plenty of expansion pack spam, sex appeal, locking content within the disc, blood and gore, nickel and diming with F2P games- oh wait.

The one saving grace is that the path they chose has only one end, if you look at other examples like Idolmaster and Dream Club. Eventually the girls will be whored out so much that they're not making as much money from DLC, and it means they will have to introduce an entirely new cast. At that point they'll most likely go down the same path, but there's also a small chance things can turn around.
How about you take that self preaching bullshit out of here? Dead or Alive does it what it needs to get it's money and I'd rather take how they do it than expansion packs it doesn't need, locking DLC onto the disc you need to pay for, whoring out it's F2P model among other such shit.

But nope, it's somehow wrong because you say so...

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Well, in case they do allow bounce on throws, based on DOA1, I know which throws cause bounce with Bass:

DOA1 :4::6::h: - DOA5 :4::h::+::P:
DOA1 TFBB
DOA1 BT Grizzly Launcher

Yeah, that would be funny after TFBB bounce.

i think the requirements are going to be you have let go of their body before they slam so i could see something like Rig and Leon's fireman carry throw working

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD