"Thank you very much" - Momiji Launch Height Thread

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Except launch height differs per weight class. Ex: 214P with Leon will launch Helena 1.47m on Normal Hit while launching Bass 1.46m on Normal hit. While I get what you are going for keep that in mind.

Nuke-Nin

Except launch height differs per weight class. Ex: 214P Withe Leon will launch Helena 1.47m on Normal Hit while launching Bass 1.46m on Normal hit. While I get what you are going for keep that in mind.
i completely overlooked that I'll redo this thread once i can use my computer again thanks for the reminder!!

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Forgot to mention, height also varies with stun level and if you hit a crouching or backturned opponent.

Faust-san

Hello fellow users of momiji! Allow me introduce myself as a newcomer to the DoA franchise... I've been playing a few weeks with the local community and the game looks awesome so far... now.

I have a question regarding heights and launchers with momiji... Everyone knows her air-grab that launches the opponent into the air... the notation would be like 3P , K , T (Im fairly new into the DoA world so sorry if my notations are weird...) anyway, it seems that even if visually your opponent gets launched into the same height when "normal throw" and "hi counter throw" are performed the juggles that work into one doesn't work into the other... Now, I usually use the regular 2P,6P,K,K,P with the normal throw but it seems to whiff when "hi counter throw" is activated... now I've been messing around with some momijis options but most are unreliable at most... 2K - 6P, K... etc etc... which juggle would you recommend for the "hi throw" variant?

Saber

Hello fellow users of momiji! Allow me introduce myself as a newcomer to the DoA franchise... I've been playing a few weeks with the local community and the game looks awesome so far... now.

I have a question regarding heights and launchers with momiji... Everyone knows her air-grab that launches the opponent into the air... the notation would be like 3P , K , T (Im fairly new into the DoA world so sorry if my notations are weird...) anyway, it seems that even if visually your opponent gets launched into the same height when "normal throw" and "hi counter throw" are performed the juggles that work into one doesn't work into the other... Now, I usually use the regular 2P,6P,K,K,P with the normal throw but it seems to whiff when "hi counter throw" is activated... now I've been messing around with some momijis options but most are unreliable at most... 2K - 6P, K... etc etc... which juggle would you recommend for the "hi throw" variant?
First off, welcome. :)

Second, the notations you use are from the keypad on your phone. The actual notations are from your number pad on your computer keyboard. (7 is up-back, 8 is up, 2 is down, 9 is up-forward, etc.). Thus, the correct notation for her launch throw is 9P~P+K~T.

Third, the juggle height for Momiji's launch throw is the same regardless of Hi-Counter or Normal status. There are several things that can affect launch height:
1. Character weight (has the most effect)
2. Stance (open/closed) - affects some launchers
3. Gradient - whether the ground is flat or sloping and how steep the slope is.
4. Wall - some juggles can only be performed next to a wall because some relaunchers' knockback is too far
5. Critical Level - higher CL/NH/CH/Hi-CH status means higher launch height. Launch throws and launchers on a backturned opponent disregard this (like Momiji's launch throw).

The most damaging juggle for her launch throw is:
:h::+::K::5::6::P::K::5::3::P::4::P::P: (65 dmg, NH) - works up to midweights.

Yaguar

vsmis1.jpg

I usually just throw out
:H+K: :6::P::K::K::P:. Not even sure what the damage is but I imagine Saber's is more. I'll take a lab look tonight since I don't get much use from the move (I don't go in the air on neutral much).

There is a chance that the launch type (Normal - HC) could change gravity slightly but I was pretty sure it was the same regardless. I'll take a look into that too since it seems interesting =D

Faust-san

I've tried this combo the last couple of matches I had and it works like charm <3! thank you very much for the advice regarding that... but I can tell 100% sure that the wall do affects the gravitation of the juggle, and the H+K hits causes wall splat so its no the best option even if lifted near the wall... I have to keep working on that aspect.

Saber

I've tried this combo the last couple of matches I had and it works like charm <3! thank you very much for the advice regarding that... but I can tell 100% sure that the wall do affects the gravitation of the juggle, and the H+K hits causes wall splat so its no the best option even if lifted near the wall... I have to keep working on that aspect.
It's because with walls, there's no knockback. In open space, the knockback causes some whiffs during juggles. For example:

CB!:5::236::P::5::6::P::K::5::6::P::K::K::~::K: would whiff in open space. Against the wall, it works.
:6::P::+::K: is a refloat that only works against walls because it has a large knockback in open space.

Just a few that I can think off the top of my head.

And you don't have to worry about that wall splat. If you pull off Tenku Throw near wall, notice that Momiji is [usually] repositioned further from the wall, so the H+K refloat would not wall splat.

Faust-san

Uhm... I didn't know about the open space thing, but I do know that using the juggle :236::P::5::6::P::K::5::6::P::K::K::~::K: near a wall grants you a sweet wall splat damage (depending on the stage it can be a really really sweet boost). but since this is the launchers topic I'll develop this idea in the combo one.

But @Saber I know that landing the Tenku throw near a wall relocates momo farther from the wall but still sometimes I wall splat with the H+K kick =/ , which are your options when you perform Tenku throw at the wall? ... I just go for :6::P::K::5::6::P::K::K::~::K: or just be different :6::P::K::5::P::P::P::P:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD