The 180 FSD (by Mr. Wah)

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Mr. Wah had linked me to two handy old 3.1 threads on DOAC the other day and wouldn't you know it? DOAC is now gone for good. The bad part is, a lot of the items that were documented there are now gone forever and no one really had a chance to back anything up. Fortunately, I have a habit of leaving tabs open forever and so I'm going to post the contents of those threads because they are of considerable value and should not be disregarded.

The 180 FSD
by Mr. Wah
Originally posted at http://www.doacentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26975 on Thursday Jan 21, 2010 12:24 am

Mr. Wah said:
This is about how the 180 dodge works nearly against any move.

It's interesting how Team NINJA has yet to remove this glitch from the game as it was in as far back as DOA2.

Basically, while in closed stance you hit :3::2_:. This is also best used with a frame advantage attack.

Well, not necessarily in closed stance, but basically towards your back. So if your back is facing you then you hit :3::2_:. If your chest is facing you then you hit :9::8_:. The reason I say "in closed stance" is because the :9: can sometimes make you jump.

What's going on here? Basically you're cancelling the FSD step command that initiates a large step into the FSD hold command that takes shorter steps with less recovery.

Go on Try it, load up sparring with Jann Lee vs Lei Fang. Set Lei Fang to first action Guard Standing, second action low jab. Perform :6::6::K: on her guard, then perform the 180 FSD. You will clearly step her low jab but if you pressed the opposite direction (towards your chest) then you would be hit.

Felt like posting this up since it hasn't been posted on the forums yet.

Found this video of it in use (3.0 which has almost no FSD):

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
This seems to be an axis issue. I just got my copy of doa3 this morning but I gotta pick up the xbox tomorrow, so I'll give it a try then.

Does this work in doa4 and doad?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Okay, so I just got doa3 today and I tried it. I honestly have no idea whether this was an intended hidden feature or a bug. It's a bit like VF's offensive step system (SS + G+P+K), but it's flimsy and it might as well be a bug.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Which DOA3 did you try it in? DOA3.2? That's more evasive than 3.0, but less evasive than 3.1. It's similar to DOA4.1's FreeStep system.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
This is a better game than dao2h. It feels like a real fighting game now.

It lacks in the extras department, but I'm used to it since it was pretty much the same back in the T3, TTT and T4 days.

Raansu

It lacks in the extras department, but I'm used to it since it was pretty much the same back in the T3, TTT and T4 days.

Now go play DoA4 for 5 minutes then we can say welcome to our world of depression haha.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

The funny thing is that Itagaki said, "I made DOA3 to be a single player game.", yet the game is considered the most competitive capable fighting game he's made AND there's like no extras for a single player to enjoy themselves with.

What character(s) are you working with? Keep in mind that each character has different stepping capabilities due to their sizes/hurtboxes. Brad Wong and Bass are probably the hardest to step with due to their size and speed. (Trying to keep this on topic).

I would love to see your other feedback on the game in another topic as well, if you enjoyed TTT you should try out the tag system for DOA3 as well. Here's a video of the French playing 3.2 as they played Tag:

Hurricane Rev lives in the UK and has been trying to get a DOA scene going. Perhaps you can talk with him about meeting up to play DOA3 casuals?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Now go play DoA4 for 5 minutes then we can say welcome to our world of depression haha.

Fuck that. One Xbox is enough. I have 4 Ps2s and I haven't dissected them all yet and the PS3 is already a good heater.

The funny thing is that Itagaki said, "I made DOA3 to be a single player game.", yet the game is considered the most competitive capable fighting game he's made AND there's like no extras for a single player to enjoy themselves with.

What character(s) are you working with? Keep in mind that each character has different stepping capabilities due to their sizes/hurtboxes. Brad Wong and Bass are probably the hardest to step with due to their size and speed. (Trying to keep this on topic).

I would love to see your other feedback on the game in another topic as well, if you enjoyed TTT you should try out the tag system for DOA3 as well.

Hurricane Rev lives in the UK and has been trying to get a DOA scene going. Perhaps you can talk with him about meeting up to play DOA3 casuals?

I'm not the type to oogle at costumes, though Bass had that cool suit in doa2. Actually, I prefer it this way.

I mostly play with Bass because I want to play the poking and pressure game. If I fail at that, I got Ayane and mix ups to go back to.

I wasn't really that big on doa tag for some reason even though it's hella fast and exciting. I'll try it out more.

Sure, I'll talk to Hurricane and see if he would want to meet up.

Black Dragon

I've been playing 3.2 these last few days. And this despite having yet to softmod my Xbox to play 3.1.

I forget - how do you softmod my Xbox again?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It requires copy of splinter cell or mech assault, an action replay, and a hacked save file.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Get an Action Replay device or hack a USB device to upload the file (it will think it's a memory card) for either Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell, or Mech Assault non Platinum Hits.

Then you need to just launch the "save file" and it will install from there.

Contact me if you'd like the necessary save file.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD